Start by marking “The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon--and me, Ruby Oliver” as Want to Read:

The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon--and me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver #3)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  5,440 ratings  ·  412 reviews
FromE. Lockhart, author of the highly acclaimed, New York Times bestseller We Were Liars, which John Greencalled "utterly unforgettable," comes The Treasure Map of Boys, the third book in the uproarious and heartwarming Ruby Oliver novels.

Ruby is back at Tate Prep, and it’s her thirty-seventh week in the state of Noboyfriend. Her panic attacks are bad, her love life is eve
Audio, 0 pages
Published July 28th 2009 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Treasure Map of Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Treasure Map of Boys

Nataliya

Ruby Oliver, she of red lipstick, glasses, fishnets, vintage clothes, mystery novels, and old movies, is at the point where she needs to reevaluate her life, her goals, and her relationships, perhaps grow a backbone, and, well, draw a treasure map. And so she does, in her trademark anxiety-and-quirk-filled way, which is just "Spankin' with a side of ennui."

Among the other lessons of adolescence Mocha Latte (per Ruby's request, to avoid the immediate association with all the unpleasant things li
Catie
The fourth book in this series is most definitely my favorite, but it’s this one that really cemented Ruby Oliver into my fictional-soul-sister-for-life hall of fame forever and ever. In book two, Ruby was struggling to be a better friend – to be more considerate and thoughtful – while at the same time stand up for herself and respect her own feelings. But how far should she go in the name of friendship? How much should she sacrifice? It’s easier to see that line with frenemies like Kim and bad- ...more
Tatiana
Dec 23, 2010 Tatiana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any fan of clever YA
As seen on The Readventurer

"The Treasure Map of Boys" is the third book about Ruby Oliver, a 16-year old girl unsure of what and who she wants in her life. Ruby's life is messy and stressful and she always seems to be trying to figure out how to deal with her overbearing parents, ex-boyfriend, potential boyfriends, her on and off friends, and undeserved reputation of a roly-poly slut.

Once again, E. Lockhart doesn't disappoint. Her knowledge of the inner works of a teenage girl's mind is profoun
Isamlq
What does Ruby Oliver have that has me going through her books one after another? It's not like she's perfect, she is so far from being perfect.

She's boy crazy.
(Or maybe just plain crazy?)

She's slightly neurotic.
(Make that very neurotic.)

Her friends Suck.
(Let's face it, they do suck. Boo!)

She is completely aware of the fact that she does not know what she wants!
(But with the help of the awesome Dr. Z, some bitchy llamas, zoo animals that don't judge, and her parents, the new dog named Polka D
Regina
Another great book in the Ruby Oliver series. This series is such fun but also offers great messages for teen girls (and really for adults too). Ruby continues on her path through high school, standing her ground when pushed and dealing with high school drama issues. This one started off slightly slower than the first two, but once in to the book I did not want to stop. It is funny, enlightening and just pure enjoyment.
April
FEELINGS ARE EVERYWHERE. I CAN RELATE TO THIS BOOK SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. I LOVE THIS SERIES OH MAN.
Lizzie
Oh this one you guys. Everyone.

How bad does it hurt seeing Ruby have trouble. She is so mad and so trying. She's learned how to stick up for herself but that sometimes makes things worse. The fight at the zoo, and Nora still judging her, and every single time she dissolves into another panic attack, which get so much worse in this book I lost count.

I love the Tate Boys Bake campaign. And the fight with the older girl, and the scene there at the bake sale. With Jackson, when she says what she thi
Mands
Ruby's just had winter break and is back at school, Tate Prep. She's still friends with Meghan and Nora as well as Noel and Hutch. She's struggling with her feelings for Noel but she won't tell him she likes him because Nora likes him plus she's currently in the state of Noboyfriend. Her panic attacks are almost non-existent now but she's still seeing her psych, Dr Z. Her homework for therapy is to create a treasure map of positive relationships.

The Treasure Map of Boys by E.Lockhart is my favou
Rose
Initial Thoughts: I'll wholeheartedly admit I shadow read this between four other books I was supposed to be reading, and ended up finishing this one far sooner than I thought. I think this is my favorite book in the series so far. The ending was just the touch I needed. I think I might have another book crush to consider as well.

Full review:

"The Treasure Map of Boys" is the third novel in E. Lockheart's Ruby Oliver series, and if you think that Ruby catches a break in this novel after the event
Heather
Feb 09, 2012 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather by: Tatiana
Re-read in February 2012.

What can I say? Ruby Oliver has dazzled me yet again. She is the voice of the female species, or at least, the neurotic half of it.
Regardless of how many times I revisit Ruby's story, I never fail to find something new to love about her. She's the kind of girl we've all been and while we, as Ruby, should all strive to be better, who she is is kind of awesome. Over the years, The Ruby Oliver series has become a bit of a guilty pleasure. Something that I delve into when I'
Samantha
The Treasure Map of Boys was as hilarious and meticulously plotted as its predecessors, The Boyfriend List and The Boy Book. Once again Ruby Oliver's quirky, hilarious voice shone through to narrate this tale ridden with teenage angst. I don't think anyone captures the high school experience better than E. Lockhart. She is right up there with Meg Cabot and Sarah Dessen.

The Treasure Map of Boys begins after winter break of Roo's junior year. The relative stability Roo established at the end of Th
Eva Mitnick
In this third Ruby Oliver novel, Ruby continues to obsess about boys and friends – but mostly boys. Readers of the first two books will know that she hasn’t had good luck with either one, managing (through a series of miscommunications, mishaps, and mistiming) to alienate and/or anger many of the students in her small and prestigious Seattle private school.

Although I was an insignificant person in my own large urban high school, my younger daughter’s experiences in her tiny public charter school
Steph Su
E. Lockhart’s Ruby Oliver books are, quite simply, some of the best studies of high school platonic and romantic interaction that ever exist. What I love about Roo and the books about her are how thoroughly and realistically complex the characters are. Teens do a lot of crazy things in high school, and there are never easy explanations for their motivations. Similarly, Roo is constantly trying to analyze her behavior and decide whether she is being a normal teenage girl or a horrible person.

This
Ellis

This book made me so mad. Don't get me wrong, I completely get why it's a necessary instalment in Ruby's "journey", and there are certain scenes that had me jumping up and down with excitement and feels - Noby classroom scene, anyone - but I loved The Boy Book so, so much, and so many of the themes, events and characters so perfectly handled in that one got turned upside down until everything was messy and screwy again. Usually I like messy and screwy, and it's pretty much the Ruby Oliv
♥ Sarah
My Very Own Soundtrack, la troisième partie:
Lucy Rose - Shiver
Luke Sital-Singh - Bottled Up Tight
The Joy Formidable - Silent Treatment
Elenowen -Bittersweet
Josh Jenkins - I Still Love You

Ruby has got to be one of my favorite heroines ever. She's so relatable and perfectly imperfect that it hurts. And she's self-deprecating in a totally lovable way.
Ruby's perpetually trying to find her footing in the Tate Prep Universe with the help of Dr. Z (whose dynamic with Ruby is truly magical), and a fe
Gelo Salinio
Tina
Original post from One More Page

I liked the first two Ruby Oliver books I read, and I wasn't planning to buy The Treasure Map of Boys, until one day I was left waiting somewhere without a book. So I finally got this so I would know what happened to Ruby and her state of Noboyfriend. In this book, Ruby seems like she's back to square one, but this time there's Noel. And Hutch. And Jackson again. And there's lots of baking, and Nora and friendship that may or may not be ruined because of boys.

Oh
Michelle
Dear Miss E. Lockhart,

I cannot ardently enough express my love for this book...best in the series so far. Ruby makes me jittery and uncomfortable, just like I am reliving my teenage years...something I know I should not enjoy so very very much, but I'll be darned if I can put your books down. Seriously.

Love,

Michelle

Disclaimer/confession...before I tell you why I love this book, and all the books I've read by Lockhart so far. I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon...I'm not ashamed to say I enjoyed
Keertana
Although the Ruby Oliver books often seem to be all about boys, I never really felt as if they were. To me, The Boyfriend List felt as if it was about Ruby and her inner discovery into herself and her relationships with others. Granted it was told through her experiences with fifteen different guys, but it never felt like a book about boys. Same with The Boy Book. The second Ruby Oliver book was about friendship, acceptance, and moving on with your life despite the bad things that happen. But th ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Ruby "Roo" Oliver is trying to be good. Since the beginning of the school year she has had a thing for Noel, but her promise not to go after any guy one of her friends is interested in is complicating matters. Nora told Roo she likes Noel and that makes him off-limits.

Although her focus is on Noel, the other guys in her life are sending strange message as well. Jackson is back to his old self, flirting with Roo. Nora's college-age b
Leanne
I may have taken a little break from the sad, sad Fall on Your Knees to read this...but only because I am no longer a library delinquent, and I spotted it in teen fiction on my way out last night! I have been skillfully avoiding the library for quite some time now, due to the fact that accidentally had 4 books overdue for approximately 1.5 years and owed $176. But I decided to eat the frog (sly Ruby Oliver reference there) and go back and pay my dues, because my bank account could no longer hand ...more
Bound with Words
Oh my god, this book you guys, this book finally has a scene that I have been waiting my whole life (ok, not true, but my whole life since I started this series) - Ruby finally realises what a looser Jackson is and join the winning side! No spoilers about what happened but it was a scene from the end and while I read I was like "YOU GO GIRL". Anyway, this book also had a great message of feminism (as all the books on this series but this one specially) when Ruby convince the boys to help on the ...more
Susane Colasanti
I adore E. Lockhart's books, especially the Ruby Oliver novels. This latest installment did not disappoint. Boy problems, girl drama, head issues, and friendly zoo animals are all included. And, of course, her signature creative word choices, like "pony-tailing around" and "snarfled." When a book makes standing over an hour in airport security lines feel more like ten minutes, you know you've found a winner. I loved this fun, entertaining read.
Eden (edenlovesbooks)
In the first two books Ruby Oliver frustrated me in so many ways. Her choices, her way of thinking and dealing with things,the fact that she would never really stick up for herself, but she's entertaining as hell and I can't help but really like her. The message in all these books is clear: depending on a guy for happiness will make you unhappy in the long run, losing friendships over guys is beyond ridiculous (but teenage girls can really be the worst), realizing who your true friends are and a ...more
Kaethe
Last night at the library, I turned in requests for this, One Crazy Summer, and The Boneshaker. Knowing that the funding for new books has been slashed, I handed them to Oliver and said to let me know if that didn't want to/couldn't order them, and I change them to ILL requests. He looked over the forms and said he could buy these. I love my library and the librarians who work there. Love, love, love. But what does a gal have to request that would make him say "no"? I just feel a compulsion to p ...more
Kelly
Full review at http://yannabe.com/2009/12/29/boy-boo...

Summary: Ruby Oliver just started her junior year, but she still doesn’t have much to speak of in the way of friends—and definitely no boyfriend. Not only that, but the one boy she wants to move into the BF column? Roo’s former girlfriend who’s slowly warming back up to a friendship with her happens to have a crush on that same boy.

Review: The rest of this series made for quick, fun reads. The two issues I had with The Boyfriend List—too man
kb
I read this for the whole two hours I was literally standing in line, with my damn injured foot, for my NBI clearance this afternoon. I didn't care that the person behind me was being very nosy and was peeking over my shoulder or that the other people around acted like they have never seen anyone reading before or that a book was too ancient to see in this digital world.
The only thing I cared about was this third Ruby Oliver installment, if Roo was going to finally pick one among her ~boys~, if
GirlwiththeBraids
Getting smothered with kind words and confusing signals, Ruby Oliver doesn’t know what to think of these boys. One’s her ex-boyfriend, one’s her secret crush, another is her best friend’s brother, and the other is a sweet and gentle soccer player. It should be entertaining to watch as different guys try to catch her attention and own her heart, but for Ruby, it just gives her panic attacks and ex-best friends. I guess that’s what you get for being yourself! Caught in the middle of love triangles ...more
Lisa
This was another fantastic read. Unfortunately, I waited too long in between reading the book and writing the review to do a proper job analyzing the details.

Typically in a well-liked series, the first book is my favorite. Notable exceptions include Vampire Academy, the Southern Vampire Mysteries (aka the Sookie Stackhouse series), and now this one. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what made this book more enjoyable than the first two—a difficult feat considering how much I loved them. All of the b
  • Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3)
  • The Ghosts of Ashbury High (Ashbury/Brookfield, #4)
  • Withering Tights (Misadventures of Tallulah Casey, #1)
  • Perfect Fifths (Jessica Darling, #5)
  • Tap & Gown (Secret Society Girl, #4)
  • Mostly Good Girls
  • Never Sit Down in a Hoopskirt and Other Things I Learned in Southern Belle Hell
  • Scarlett Fever (Scarlett, #2)
  • Extreme Kissing
  • The FitzOsbornes in Exile (The Montmaray Journals, #2)
  • Not Like I'm Jealous or Anything: The Jealousy Book
  • Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2)
  • Good Oil
  • Into the Wild Nerd Yonder
E. Lockhart is the author of We Were Liars, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, The Boyfriend List and several other novels.

website: www.emilylockhart.com
Liars site: www.wewereliars.com
blog: www.theboyfriendlist.com
Twitter: elockhart
More about E. Lockhart...

Ruby Oliver (4 books)
  • The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #1)
  • The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2)
  • Real Live Boyfriends: Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4)
We Were Liars The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #1) The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2) Real Live Boyfriends: Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4)

“There's something about seeing a guy's feelings written down, something about him taking that risk and committing that heart to paper, that means so much more than anything he could just say.” 43 likes
“Absorbing the fact that sometimes, people do cut you slack and forgive you and want you anyway.

Sometimes they do. And when they do, even if it's not a happy ending, it is delicious”
42 likes