Start by marking “Marrying the Preacher's Daughter” as Want to Read:
Marrying the Preacher's Daughter

Marrying the Preacher's Daughter

Bounty hunting was just a job for Gabe Taggart;one he needed to fund his sister's education. But now Irene has finished school, and Gabe is ready to settle down, find a husband for Irene and - best of all - set aside his past. His adventuring days are over - until his intervention in a train robbery leaves him injured, under Elizabeth Hart's care. Despite his plans for a q ...more
Published June 7th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Marrying the Preacher's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marrying the Preacher's Daughter

Melody
Jun 13, 2011 Melody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was delighted with this book from page one, and Gage became an immediate favorite! I loved his comments, I was often laughing out loud. :) The banter between him and Elisabeth was so much fun. I enjoyed the character development and thought it was well done and believable. Gage and Elisabeth both changed at just the right pace, and I was totally happy with the ending. :)
Lacy Williams
Jul 19, 2011 Lacy Williams rated it it was amazing
Gabe Taggart is ready to quit bounty hunting and start a new life with his sister. Too bad the train he is on is waylaid by bandits and he has to rescue the beautiful Elisabeth Hart. Their attraction is instant but both have reasons to be wary. A great romance and fun summer read.
Anita Abigail
Sep 14, 2015 Anita Abigail rated it liked it
The book is well written, I will not finish it in one day if it is not well written. I fell for Gabe and hated Lis right away. Who do you think is better? People like Gabe who unconsciously practice Christianity but claim as heathen or Lis who spoke about Christianity all the time but so judgmental and narrow minded... I don't understand why Gabe ended up with Lis; Abigail is a better choice if you ask me. Aside from that, for enticing such reflection, I think this book is a solid 4 stars. It wi ...more
Lynn Spencer
I read this book for the 2012 TBR Challenge, and since it was a B- for me, we'll call that 3.5 stars. I've loved some of St. John's Harlequin Historicals, so I wanted to try one of her inspirationals. Marrying the Preacher's Daughter is a very sweet and cozy read. St. John does a good job of writing about children and families without making the reader feel emotionally manipulated, and that talent is evident here as much of the story is set among the heroine's family. There were parts of the boo ...more
Catherine Richmond
I had a long trip ahead of me and didn't want to get stuck on a plane with a bad book. So I saved up Cheryl St. John's latest releases. She's an author to depend on for a great read, each and every book.

Poor Gabe is trying to be an upstanding citizen, the kind of gentleman is proper sister can be proud of. But he keeps getting roped into crises calling for his skill as a gunman. Then, instead of being grateful for saving her and her precious jewelry, Elizabeth is repelled by his violence. Seein
Barbara
Sep 27, 2011 Barbara rated it really liked it
This is an absolutely delightful book, and the way the main characters, Gabe and Elizabeth, relate to each other is so fun to read about. Cheryl St. John demonstrates in a wonderful way how a very grounded, experienced Christian may find themselves learning deep spiritual and life lessons from someone very new to belief in God, and how God's plan for our life may end up being quite different from what we imagine. I enjoy reading about this little community, and hope this one has a sequel.
April Suter
May 31, 2011 April Suter rated it really liked it
This is a story that is the continuation to "A Preacher's Wife". Elizabeth's life and goal changes on the train ride home of which is robbed. A stranger, Gabe, saves her from giving up her mother's ring and definately gets her attention. Gabe's sister, Irene, also shows up in town and Cupid is busy. I hope the author gives us another peek into Jackson Springs, Colorado.
280 pages
Bruna
Jul 21, 2016 Bruna rated it liked it
The inspirational part did not bother me. I even enjoyed it. The reason for only 3 starts is that the romance was lacking something. Chemistry maybe? Also, the book has several mistakes. For example, it says the name of a character in place of another. That happens more than one time. I would say this book is just okay.
Patriciaw
Elisabeth and Gabe make a great couple. They kind of know it but given her independence and his past, it takes them a while to come to together. Along the way, Gabe's sister Irene arrives, and the singular romance becomes a delightful two-for-one tale.
Collene
Mar 07, 2012 Collene rated it really liked it
It's always exciting to find a new author. Cheryl St. John is a new author I will be reading more from.
Jamie
Sep 17, 2011 Jamie rated it it was amazing
After I read this book Cheryl became one of my favorite authors. I could not put the book down and am looking forward to her next book.
Claudia Rosa
Feb 16, 2012 Claudia Rosa rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed it very much.
This romance has great characters and an excellent plot.
This book is a Page-turner and I recommend it to anyone looking for a well-written romance!
Brenda Mazur
Aug 22, 2011 Brenda Mazur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book makes you feel so good, it takes you away into their world. Cheryl's books are so full of love, she is a great author.
Pam
Aug 09, 2014 Pam rated it liked it
Shelves: summer-challenge
This was nice book. I do not normally read inspirational genre. I did like both the characters and the story was interesting.
steph

Forget I read this at work during two lunch hours this week. It was a good stories. Like the two main characters and all the family members that surrounded them. It was enjoyable.
Τοημεε
Τοημεε rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Sharon Jones
Sharon Jones rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2011
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2016
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2016
Cori
Cori rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Darlene
Darlene rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2011
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
Claudia Rosa
Claudia Rosa rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2011
Linda Hockman
Linda Hockman rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Kristina Wagler
Kristina Wagler rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Lizzie Starr
Lizzie Starr rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 17, 2015 08:13AM
  • Snowflake Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #4)
  • The Runaway Bride
  • Her Healing Ways (Gabriel Sisters, #3)
  • Winning the Widow's Heart (Prairie Courtships, #1)
  • A Family for Luke (Riverbend, #3)
  • Family of Her Dreams
  • Charity House Courtship (Charity House, #5)
  • The Champion (Love Inspired Historical)
  • Prairie Courtship
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • Return of the Cowboy Doctor (Wyoming Legacy, #2)
  • Steadfast Soldier (Love Inspired)
  • The Wedding Season: Much Ado About Nuptials\The Gentleman Takes a Bride
  • An Inconvenient Match
  • Rocky Mountain Match (Rocky Mountain, #1)
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • Child of Mine (Rosewood, Texas, #2)
Cheryl is the author of more than fifty books. Her first book, Rain Shadow was nominated for Romance Writers of America’s RITA Award for Best First Book, by Romantic Times Magazine for Best Western Historical, and by Affaire de Coeur readers as Best American Historical Romance. Since then she has received three more RITA nominations, a Writer’s Digest award for a feature article, and several Roman ...more
More about Cheryl St.John...