Start by marking “Dreams” as Want to Read:
Dreams

Dreams

pubOne.info present you this new edition. All day the soft wind played with her hair, and the young, young face looked out across the water. She was waiting— she was waiting; but she could not tell for what.
Published December 3rd 2010 by pubOne.info (first published 1891)

To ask other readers questions about Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams

Nefariousbig
Nov 22, 2011 Nefariousbig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This book carried me through my 20s. It is a book of parables that awakened me and kept me sane. It gave me confidence as a young woman, a pool of inner strength to drink from, and resolve through a difficult stage of uncertainty, self-doubt, and soul-breaking tragedy. Simply put, that fragile, brief and fleeting time we call youth.

VIII. LIFE'S GIFTS

I saw a woman sleeping. In her sleep she dreamt Life stood before her, and held in each hand a gift--in the one Love, in the other Freedom. And she
Becketblahblahblah
Becket Clark
Pioter
10 February 2015
FLCH

I chose Dreams by Olive Schreiner for my dialogue essay. Olive Schreiner was an anti war campaigner and intellectual that lived from 1855 to 1920. She wrote many radical and social commenting books, her first and most famous of which being The Story of an African Farm in 1883, which is known for being one of the first feminist books ever written. Dreams, her second book, is a collection of short stories based off of dreams and experiences from the time she
Ghaliya
Dec 16, 2016 Ghaliya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Beauty. To master complexity into simplicity, to woven a seemingly abstract concept such as truth and knowledge in fairy tale fashion. How have been the author tucked away from us!
Shannon
Sep 09, 2011 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely my favorite book ever. I read it to my daughter as bed time stories.
Marta
Nov 14, 2016 Marta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lo que quiere representar en las historias es muy interesante. He leído este libro gracias a la universidad en una asignatura sobre el papel de la mujer en la literatura y desde ese punto, el libro merece la pena.
Sin embargo la forma tan infantil que tiene de contar las historias ha hecho que en muchos momentos se me hiciera un mundo.
Ahlam Oqaili
Mar 30, 2017 Ahlam Oqaili rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It starts getting you in a weird set, line after line you will start getting it and getting more involved, it is pure genius how such abstract definitions like immortality, truth and so on be real, It is beyond Genius, at the end you'll ask your self : Why didn't I read it before?
Elora (eloraflorareads)
I found an old, tiny copy of this book in an antique store off a country highway in the summer when I was 17. I was drawn to the delicate cover (not the one shown in this Goodreads cover, much prettier) and knew I had to own it.
It was the best $10 I ever spent. The book is made up of numerous short stories and every single one of them speaks to me in a way I hadn't thought another person could understand. Olive was a woman ahead of her time and the beautiful, spiritual stories she's woven toget
Stacie
One does not often have the privilege to spend time within the dreams of another. And yet, Dreams allows its reader to do just that - to soar through the vividly imagined or dreamt worlds of our sleep. If you can find a copy read it!
Chrissy Torres
Feb 13, 2008 Chrissy Torres rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i own a great old copy...no pub date but near as i can tell it dates to at least 1900. love it!
Pamela
May 07, 2010 Pamela marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Inspiration to Howard Thurman
Don Gubler
Sep 20, 2012 Don Gubler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Explains what happened to me to make the ideal, real.
Loreto
Loreto rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2017
Emily Brady
Emily Brady rated it really liked it
May 23, 2017
Dante Amerisi
Dante Amerisi rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Niki
Niki rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2011
Monica Shirley
Monica Shirley rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Sabine Jahnke
Sabine Jahnke rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Nick Ottley
Nick Ottley rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2011
Arianne Rand
Arianne Rand rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2009
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2016
Shelbie
Shelbie rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Nicola
Nicola rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Lucy Galvin
Lucy Galvin rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2017
Ellie
Ellie rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2011
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2010
Skh
Skh rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Sohaila Shim
Sohaila Shim rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Catie Allwright
Catie Allwright rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
  • Penetralia
  • Tall Tales with Short Cocks Vol. 2
  • Shenanigans!
  • Goon
Olive Schreiner (24 March 1855 - December 11, 1920), was a South African author, pacifist and political activist. She is best known for her novel The Story of an African Farm, which has been acclaimed for the manner it tackled the issues of its day, ranging from agnosticism to the treatment of women.

From Wikipedia:
Olive Emilie Albertina Schreiner (1855-1920) was named after her three older brother
More about Olive Schreiner...

“Her name is Truth. He who has once seen her never rests again. Till death he desires her.” And the hunter cried: “Oh, tell me where I may find her.” But the old man said: “You have not suffered enough,” and went. Then” 2 likes
“When Love and Life first meet, a radiant thing is born, without a shade. When the roads begin to roughen, when the shades begin to darken, when the days are hard, and the nights cold and long—then it begins to change.” 2 likes