Start by marking “Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 6” as Want to Read:
Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 6

Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 6 (Invincible Ultimate Collection #6)

This is the volume you've been waiting for The Invincible War, set in motion by Angstrom Levy The epic battle with Conquest The final build up to the Viltrumite War The Squid invasion of Earth It's all inside, and it's almost too much for one superhero to handle. This is probably the most explosive, most action-packed volume of Invincible to date - don't miss out Collects ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Image Comics (first published March 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible

Mar 29, 2016 Cheese rated it really liked it

Loads happens in this volume and more twists to add for future storylines.
Jan 23, 2016 Benjamin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Things are getting pretty damn heavy.
I like it.
Brendan Nicholls
Sep 19, 2016 Brendan Nicholls rated it really liked it
Another good edition and one that was full of carnage. I liked the storyline here but found the character conversations fell into monotone, some of the one liners failed. I found myself enjoying certain portions of the book even though it started ticking off playlists for storytelling. The ending was fitting, especially for the direction of the mythology. The huge battle that sets the storyline up is brilliant and paves the way for villain introduction. The Kirkman humour is essentially the same ...more
Javier Muñoz
Simplemente Impresionante.

En serio, me gusta mucho esta serie, en este tomo tenemos acción desatada desde la primera página, Kirkman entrelaza una trama con otra con sorprendente fluidez, aunque siempre deje algo de espacio al desarrollo de los personajes; por otra parte la progresión de Ottley es espectacular, su dibujo es cada vez más impresionante, con splash pages increibles y una genial narración de la acción.

Este comic es como las pipas, empiezas y no puedes parar, un número detrás de otro
May 17, 2016 Frank rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-omnibus
Continuing the series.
Oliver is growing up and becoming a teenage, while we deal with a modern issue, Atom Eve s pregnant and doesn't know how to tell Invincible.
Invincible battles a cruel warrior sent from his father's planet, and almost is killed. Lastly we have the return of his father, asking for his help, making matters more confusing on and off Earth.
Mike Clooney
Mar 17, 2013 Mike Clooney rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Though it remains one of the best current super-hero series, this is my least favorite stretch of INVINCIBLE to date, as a lot of the elements which gave the earlier issues their singular flavor are in low supply this time out.

The series takes a darker turn here and, as fallout from the events of this volume, so does Mark's personality and mission statement. The parody/in-joke slant of the book has largely vanished, although the obligatory Allen the Alien interlude issues are good for some goofb
Orion Tippens
Feb 24, 2013 Orion Tippens rated it it was amazing
I think at this point, I have decided the Invincible series to be at most the greatest, or at least my favorite, among continual superhero epics printed in the comic book form.

Volume 6 (covering monthly issues #60-70 plus a special), is more of a turning point I think for Invincible. The most important is personal doubt and change to his moral code, and similarities with his father. We also have the most development for his girl Atom Eve, who is now beyond that stereotypical girlfriend of super
Aug 22, 2014 Andy rated it really liked it
Excellent. Volume 6 steps back up in quality after a slightly lackluster volume 5. We start with the devastating Invincible War which really does bring some wholesale destruction (think Man of Steel levelling a city, except worldwide). It's a dark start and then gets darker with the appearance of Conquest.

I have to say I find it amusing that Invincible is part of the young adults section at the library despite the extremely graphic violence and (mostly implied, though not without consequences)
Jul 23, 2016 Leons1701 rated it liked it
Still a pretty solid series, though there are some odd decisions, like glossing over the entire "Invincible War" in something like an issue and a half. Imagine if DC had an army of other dimensional Superman duplicates invade their universe and you get the idea. Really could have been a bigger event, especially since it destroyed a good part of the world. But Kirkman has other things he wants to emphasize and that's cool.

This volume also contains one of the dumber stories to rise out of this ser
Apr 26, 2012 Emmaj rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Invincible 2.0! Now with extra blood!
No, seriously, this series continues to be excellent. And they've never held back with the blood. But since so much of this series is the pre-battles before The Battle (with the Viltrumites) there's a lot of blood.
I like that Mark gets to evolve and change a bit. His Viltrumite blood is showing. Why not just kill people once and get it over with? Saves time! But he is still committed to his relationships with people. This is a theme that comes up quite a bi
Apr 18, 2011 John rated it it was ok
I suppose it's partly due to reading the comics in a collected format, but one earthwide catastrophe after another starts to get old after a while, not to mention that it really stretches my suspension of disbelief. Yes, we're talking about superheroes, but there's still limits to how often the world could bounce back from stuff like this, even in a world with superheroes.

Also, I have now reached the point where the graphic violence is becoming annoying rather than being something original and f
TJ Shelby
Nov 14, 2011 TJ Shelby rated it really liked it
Can I just say that in regards to the story, Kirkman delivers as always but this collection belongs to Ryan Ottley's amazing art. The Conquest arc contained some of the best fight sequence/mass carnage art I've ever witnessed. Think I'm overstating? Check out this cover for issue #63:

Here's a couple more pieces from the battle:

Oct 31, 2011 Christopher rated it really liked it
I was kinda disappointed that the whole Invincible War basically took place between panels in one issue, and I really hate that Atom Eve has sort of been downgraded to the role of "girlfriend who gets abused and/or killed to give the hero renewed purpose," but aside from that, I'm still enjoying the hell out of this series. I do wish they could scale back on the unnecessary violence a bit, as most of the time it's just totally gratuitous, but I still love the characters and the overall story, so ...more
Jonathan Schildbach
Jan 25, 2015 Jonathan Schildbach rated it really liked it
I continue to love most things about this book. But there are those things that are grating--Atom Eve deciding to make her breasts bigger when she, well, comes back from the dead, more or, wouldn't that be a disadvantage to a superhero in most situations? I mean, if it makes her feel better about herself, then... Anyway, I liked the whole debate about killing villains versus putting them away to come back again, especially given the caliber of villains that exist here. Kirkman contin ...more
I have such conflicting feelings about this book. On the one hand, Robert Kirkman continues to develop his universe in believable ways and the freedom he has to do whatever he wants, because he doesn't have to worry about a larger universe, is used to great effect. On the other hand, this book has always been more violent than I feel it needs to be, and this volume doubles down on the violence, going to a very dark place. As it's Kirkman's book, that's completely his choice and it's a valid one, ...more
May 15, 2015 Sean rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Comics fans
What starts out as a confusing free-for-all involving characters we've never seen before ends in some emotional changes to the core characters. There certainly were twists along the way but the opening was soooo.....abrupt I was put off. I still love the dialogue Kirkman delivers especially between Mark and Eve. Seeing Oliver growing up is a treat especially since I hated him originally. Overall, a good book that has been great at times just not here.
Jan 25, 2016 Nick rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I read the last volume, so I forgot how gory this comic is. The first few pages of this volume are so bloody, it is almost horror-movie gratuitous. I do like the direction the story is taking, and the art continues to be great. There was one part that was a lot of catch-up for people who forgot what happened/may not have read the previous issues. Other than that, this is a solid volume. The next one is in my bag, waiting for my long train ride home.
Jul 13, 2014 Jesse rated it it was amazing
What a collection?! I think this one tops the series so far. The Viltrumite war kicks off with a bang. Also reading the Walking Dead, I see Kirkman's writing/story arcs kind of relating, but in a good way. He is fearless in eliminating characters. I was hooked on this series already, this cements it.
Apr 04, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it
Gory. Ugh.

Invincible is sprawling and sub-plotty and takes a long time to get where it's going, which is frustrating. But the upside is that I'm finally invested in this family, this wealth of characters, good and bad. The death of [spoiler] was proof of that, poor guy.
This volume is definitely darker and has fewer light hearted moments. And did I mention gory? Very. Yuck.
Jul 26, 2012 Rob rated it it was amazing
Invincible is moving toward its conclusion, and does so by continuing to raise and riase the stakes without holding anything back. Violent, fast, and not for the faint of heart, this collection reads by in a blur. It also features a little more Allen the Alien, which is always good stuff. Kirkman is right--this may just be the best superhero comic ever.
Apr 04, 2011 Dan rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
After a shaky start (there must have been some kind of ‘event’ that warranted shoe-horning in so many Image characters?), this collection picks up steam. Overall volume six is good, but not the strongest Invincible collection. Also: it's not for the squeamish!
Hakan Jackson
Apr 20, 2014 Hakan Jackson rated it it was amazing
It was really hard to put down. The moral complexity keeps it interesting on a level not commensurate to most superhero graphic novels. And it ends on a tone that forced me immediately buy the next book in the serious. I've said it before and I confirm it now: I'm hooked.
Apr 03, 2011 Trike rated it liked it
I think it's official: Ryan Ottley likes drawing people getting eviscerated, pummeled to death and their faces pulled off. The bloodiest installment of Invincible yet, it's finally started moving away from riffs on other superheroes and become its own book.
Jan 22, 2012 Daniel rated it it was amazing
Wow. So, all THAT happened.

"Invincible" continues to be one of the easiest-to-keep-reading graphic novels books I'll ever read. And I love how wide-reaching some of the plot points can be and are. Basically, I enjoy the hell out of these books.
Oct 09, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
Fiery redheads! Near death experiences! Actual death experiences! This comic is actually full of awesome, not just ironically.
So much fun. It's nice to read a comic that makes me laugh and actually feel down and sad all in one volume.
Jan 10, 2013 Ace rated it really liked it
The saga continues. I follow the story without speculating where else it might have gone. Can't wait to read volume 7.
Roger Whitson
Apr 08, 2012 Roger Whitson rated it it was amazing
My favorite comic currently, and a stunning response to those comics creators who say you can't write a good Superman story these days.
Dustin rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2012
Justin rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2013
  • Invincible Presents Atom Eve & Rex Splode Volume 1
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 4
  • Powers: Definitive Collection, Vol. 2
  • Axe Cop, Vol. 3
  • Ex Machina: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2
  • The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 5
  • The Authority, Vol. 1
  • Hellboy Library Edition, Volume 4: The Crooked Man and the Troll Witch (Hellboy, #7,10)
More about Robert Kirkman...

Invincible Ultimate Collection (10 books)
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 1