4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  902 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Lake Charlotte and a quiet little town in upstate New York - the perfect place to raise a family. Or is it? People still talk about that summer ten years ago when four teenage girls mysteriously disappeared. No one remembers that summer more vividly than Rory Connelly. Her older sister Carleen vanished from her bed in the middle of the night, never to be seen again. Now, t...more
Published April 1st 2007 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about All The Way Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All The Way Home

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeFirst, I Love You by Genevieve DeweyThe Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodA Room of One's Own by Virginia WoolfThe Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
Women authors who don't write chick lit
103rd out of 137 books — 68 voters
Fear the Worst by Linwood BarclayRevolutionary Road by Richard YatesThe Bell Jar by Sylvia PlathThe Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey EugenidesToo Close to Home by Linwood Barclay
Stories of the suburbs
25th out of 27 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

Patty
Wendi Corsi Staub

My "in a nutshell" summary...

Four young girls disappear...some from their very own beds...the crime is never solved.

My thoughts after reading this book...

Mysterious and thought provoking from the start...this is one of those books that will make a car trip or a plane trip or sitting out by the pool or on the beach fly by. I could not stop reading because I had to know what happened and what was still happening. The appearance of the mysterious stranger at the...more
Rachael Quinn
I finally did it, you guys. I finished a book! For a while there I was tearing through them fast and furious. Then life happened. But today is a day of getting stuff done!

Actually, this was a pretty enjoyable read. I don't usually go in for the whole thriller/mystery thing. It's not the subject matter so much as the writing style that usually turns me off. One book that EVERYBODY read and EVERYBODY loved turned me off by page 10. I don't want to feel like I am reading something that was written...more
Diane  Morasco
I think of Wendy as a Gothic scribe for the now generation. Yep, no heaving bosoms, no heavy garb & no men treating her heroines like children or a fragile bird... puh-lease!

Wendy takes her heroines to the next level where the protagonist is in charge. Yes, the ladies are confident, intelligent, powerful, engaging, witty, attractive, and authentic! They don't need a man to survive in this world... they have them to add extra flavor to their lives. If they want their bosoms to heave that is t...more
Julianne
I 'read' this as an audio book and at first listen, was a bit put off by the reader in that the way she read seemed not quite comfortable with the story or, more so, the characters. She didn't understand the way each spoke, nor was able to effectively pull off character voices, making one sound contrived and then one too much like another.

The story itself was nice and twisted with several believable red herrings. However, I felt throughout the beginning, the sentence structure wasn't quite as h...more
Julie
All the Way Home by Wendy Corsi Staub was originally published is 2007. It has recently been reissued in digital format.

When Rory was child her older sister, Carleen, disappeared. In short order, her best friend also disappeared as well as several other girls in their town. Then Rory's father passed away, leaving her mentally ill mother behind. Rory couldn't handle it and left to become an artist. Her brother Kevin took care of her younger sister, Molly, and their mother for years. Now, Kevin an...more
Tamara
Mar 06, 2012 Tamara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
My first Wendy Corsi Stuab book and definitely not my last. The story takes places in a small town in upstate New York, which I loved because I am from NY. The town is like most towns in the area but all is not as peaceful as it should be. The Connolly's who are the main characters in the book have been dealt a heavy blow, when their daughter Carleen goes missing many years ago. Her sister Rory gets hit the hardest when her best friend also goes missing shortly thereafter. Rory , returns home to...more
Renee
This was a really suspenseful book, about 4 teenage girls that got abducted in a small town. 10 years later Rory, a sister of one of the victims, returns home and to find herself in the same situation, where another girl is abducted. It is a story behind the scenes of how a family manages a tragic experience, how a family copes with a loss and how they move forward.
Teresa in Ohio
In a small town four teenage girls go missing one summer, no clues are every found and the mystery shrouds the town. Ten years later Rory returns home to tend to her mother and younger sister, so her brother can go live his life. As she tries to connect with Molly and deal with her mother's mental illness, memories are stirred up and that summer is happening all over again. Staub writes a good tight psychological thriller which keeps the pages turning. I couldn't read fast enough to get to the e...more
Lisa Kinard
Wendy doesn't disappoint.

I love this author. She is one of my all-time favorites. All The Way Home was well written and worth reading. I enjoyed the storyline and it kept me guessing all the way til the end. The ending was a shocker! Another great read!!
Louise
Very good suspense!!!

"Lake Charlotte. A quiet little town in upstate New York. The perfect place to raise a family. Or is it? People still talk about that summer ten years ago when four teenage girls mysteriously disappeared. No one remembers that summer more vividly than Rory Connelly. Her older sister, Carleen, vanished from her bed in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.

Now, ten years later, Rory is returning to a family that is falling apart...and to a fear she knows all too well...more
Naomi
Read my full review: http://bit.ly/14FH1gR

3.5/5 Stars

My opinion: I have heard Wendy Staub referred to as a "beach read" author and I would agree. This book was a good read, but pretty light in its mystery and in depth writing. I must admit that she did throw in a nice twist at the end that I TOTALLY did not see coming, but it was a pretty predictable ride up to it with a bit too much drama for my liking. I would agree that I would consider this to be more of a light, beach read versus a deep mys...more
Krystal
In starting this book, the thing seems so familiar...I have a feeling I got another double book...that is to say, bought a book I had previously bought and read. This is where this site will come in handy...I've literally read hundreds of books I can't begin to remember. Sucks that I prefer to buy than check out from the library, but serves me right for cutting out the middle man I guess.
Will keep reading to reaquaint myself with the story. If I remeber correctly I liked all right the first time...more
Hannah
Much creepier than the first one I read and a wee bit more gruesome. This author seems to have the same characters too, which I found annoying, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
Alesha Leveritt
Similar to Mary Higgins Clark...fewer descriptions of designer clothing. It's not beautiful writing, but it is a passable (slightly twisted) mystery.
Kate Larkin
Absolutely LOVED THIS BOOK. If you're looking for an intriguing mystery that will keep you on the edge of your seat and pull you in with every page-turn, then READ THIS!
Candace Bau
Book

couldn't put it down. it was sooo good! read it on the treadmill and the exercise bike..just a terrific book
Jean Berry
Listened to the audio book - Couldn't stop listening. Glad it was an audio, I could do other things while listening!!
Lisa
I enjoyed this book. It was a quick read and kept me interested all the way through...difficult to do now a days:)
Lesley
At first it seemed rather predictable, but it was not.
This is the first book by Wendy Corsi Staub that I read and I plan to read more. Honestly I never suspected who the killer was and I ended up being surprised because it wasn't what I expected. I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to know who did it. There were so many people on my suspect list, even the best friend of Rory's mom who was a nun. I just wanted to find out what happened to Rory's sister Carleen after she mysteriously disappeared.
Julie-ann James
Enjoyed. Quick easy read. Kept you guessing
Jennifer Foulks
While this book wasn't the best thriller ever, it did entertain me (which is the point, right?). I felt the author took too long to get to the point. She tried to have too many unanswered questions and thought provoking scenes. I felt it made the story a bit cheesy at points. Some of the characters were unnecessary and really had no point to the story. Other scenes seemed too contrived. All in all, I wanted to find out what happened, but I was irritated by the delivery.
Sueann
This is my first book by Wendy Corsi Staub and although I have only given it 3 stars this hasn't deterred me from reading other titles by this author.

Adequate suspensful mystery that kept me engaged and speculating, the draw back for me was that it seemed to take an awful long time to warm up and by the time it did get going it then appeared to rush to the end.

All in all an enjoyable read and worth the bargain Kindle price tag.

Mary
A creepy book with lots of twists and turns told in incredibly thrilling page turning suspense. Years ago, girls started to disappear in Rory's small New England town - including her sister and her best friend. Now Rory is back after years away and girls start to disappear again.
This reminded me of a Mary Higgins Clark in that it read quickly and was filled with potential suspects and has a headstrong but vulnerable heroine. Great beach read!
Maerhys
This is the second (maybe the third) book by Wendy Corsi Staub that I've picked up, and unlike the other novel(s), I really liked this one! The cast of characters was interesting, and just when I thought I figured it all out, I was wrong on both accounts and I enjoy being wrong when it comes to a whodunnit. There's a hint of romance but nothing too ridiculous in a book that focuses on sisters.
Cactuskid
A really good mystery and not full of all kinds of trash. Nice to read something so well written, easy to follow and not full of sex or foul language and yet not able to be able to figure it all out until the end. A quiet town in upstate New York where 4 teenage girls go missing, then 10 years later it seems to be happening all over again. I will look for more books by this author.
Kim
This was an okay mystery. I read it via audiobook and am wondering if this affected my degree of likeability? The reader was very sing-songy and I wondered the entire book whether she was even paying attention to the dialog or just trying to make it sound as if she were? Probly missed out on lots of book while thinking about the manner of speaking I was listening to?
Kristin Danko
Ten years after her sister has disappeared and their father has passed away, Rory returns home to upstate New York to help take care of her family. After she arrives, strange things start occurring on the block. Children start going missing, as well. Before it is too late, Rory must get to the bottom of what is happening.
Mona Sheets
Great story, kept me guessing

This is one of those books that I couldn't put. Mary Higgins Clark fans would love this book. Great read.
Nyssa Hoerner
I enjoyed this! I like mysteries and this one was better written than many. I'd never read any of her stuff before, and I think this was a good intro. Her writing style reminds me of Alice Hoffman, which I think is a very positive thing. I hope if you decide to read this you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
  • Black for Remembrance
  • Bone Cold
  • Most Likely to Die
  • Do You Want To Know A Secret? (KEY News #1)
  • Best Intentions
  • Silent Killer (Griffin Powell, #10)
  • The Seventh Victim
  • The Screaming Room
  • La décima sinfonía
  • Acts of Mercy (Mercy Street #3)
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus...more
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...
Awakening (Lily Dale, #1) Don't Scream Kiss Her Goodbye Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1) Believing (Lily Dale, #2)

“as elusive as a fleck of shell in a pool of slippery egg white.” 1 likes