Start by marking “Understanding Cosmology Understanding Cosmology” as Want to Read:
Understanding Cosmology Understanding Cosmology

Understanding Cosmology Understanding Cosmology

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Drawn from the pages of Scientific American and collected here for the first time, this work contains updated and condensed information, made accessible to a general popular science audience, on the subject of cosmology.
Published June 1st 2002 by Grand Central Publishing (first published March 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Understanding Cosmology Understanding Cosmology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Understanding Cosmology Understanding Cosmology

Mark Van Aken Williams
I got bumped from the Russian Soyuz. They overbooked, I guess. Anyway, $40 million was a little steep, I think. So before I make that mistake again, and book a flight with Boeing-Space Adventures, I thought I’d check out what all the hubbub was about. Actually, I was interested in the idea of whether today’s Cosmologists were nothing more than modern day alchemists. Also, it would be interesting to see if there was any theology threads weaved through this tapestry of science. “Understanding Cosm...more
James
It give clear simple explanations on the different ideas and theories involved in cosmology. However read more like a history of what was accomplished in the discipline over the past couple decades rather than actually helping one to understand this field of science. Made for good reading.
John
It gets a little crazy at the end, but that's OK as long as you realize that it's largely speculation at that point. As of 2102, it's only slightly dated. I recommend it. It's a "good read."
Efi
Efi marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Tuğçe
Tuğçe marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Ahmed Oraby
Ahmed Oraby marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Wisdom Web Networking
Wisdom Web Networking marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Tarek
Tarek marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2012
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2012
Cashin
Cashin added it
Jul 24, 2011
Ivy Reisner
Ivy Reisner marked it as to-read
May 28, 2010
Scientific American , as an institutional author, is a popular science magazine founded by Rufus M. Porter and controlled by Nature Publishing Group since autumn, 2008. Mariette DiChristina has been editor-in-chief since December, 2009.
More about Scientific American...
Becoming Human: Our Past, Present and Future Ask the Experts: Answers to the Most Puzzling & Mind-Blowing Science Questions A Question of Time: The Ultimate Paradox Fact or Fiction: Science Tackles 58 Popular Myths The Secrets of Consciousness