Start by marking “Before That Night (One Night That Changes Everything, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Before That Night (One Night That Changes Everything, #0.5)

Before That Night (One Night That Changes Everything 0.5)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,630 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
A prequel novella to ONE NIGHT THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING…

Sixteen-year-old Eliza Sellman is shocked when the most popular guy in school, Cooper Marriatti, starts to take an interest in her. It isn’t long until they’re spending all their time together, and on the surface, Cooper seems to be the perfect boyfriend.

But weird text messages, a shady friend, and her own insecurities
Published December 19th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Before That Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before That Night

Perfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesThe DUFF by Kody KeplingerRules of Attraction by Simone ElkelesShadow Kiss by Richelle MeadBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Young Adult Fiction With Sex
90th out of 728 books — 1,748 voters
Perfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireRules of Attraction by Simone ElkelesThe DUFF by Kody KeplingerLeaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
YA Romance-Unlikely Couples
41st out of 152 books — 485 voters

More lists with this book...

Jamie
Dec 25, 2010 Jamie rated it really liked it
The last book i read from Lauren was my guilty pleasure devon delancy.I enjoyed the prequel it 's hearwarming story about how Cooper and Eliza met.Boy meets girl story ,cooper is a ladies man and Eliza is a teen that deals with real issues dating, boys, mean girls and trying to fit in how they seem like an unlikely couple because they have different social standings. It's cute how Cooper accepted her for who she is and the story why she breaks up with him. Fans of lauren or one night that change ...more
Rachel
Dec 24, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Note: Although I own One Night That Changes Everything it is currently in my TBR pile so I read this prequel with no previous knowledge about the story.

Before That Night can be read prior to reading One Night That Changes Everything. It might even be better to read it beforehand as it really gives you a clear picture of who the characters are and the events that lead up to Eliza and Cooper’s breakup – the basis for the book. Eliza is the nice girl and Cooper, a popular senior, is most definitely
Milena
Jun 13, 2011 Milena rated it liked it
I found this short story through a quick Google search, but for those too lazy here's the link: laurenbarnholdt.com/wp-content/upload...

I highly recommend reading this AFTER you've read One Night That Changes Everything or else much of the book's mystery will be spoiled for you.

Before That Night offers snippets of Eliza and Cooper's relationship, from the initial stages when he first talks to her to the night Eliza finds out something terribly Cooper has done and breaks up with him.

An easy and s
Jemimah
Oct 02, 2014 Jemimah rated it really liked it
Minas
Dec 21, 2010 Minas rated it really liked it
This is a prequel novella to ONE NIGHT THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING by Lauren Barnholdt.

You can read it here: http://laurenbarnholdt.com/beforethat...
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Really enjoyed reading how the characters met and I'm looking forward to starting One Night that Changes Everything. =)
Carolina
Jul 17, 2012 Carolina rated it really liked it

How could he?
Nicole
Sep 06, 2015 Nicole rated it it was ok
I have to say that the only reason that I am giving this three stars is because I like most of the stuff the author writes but this story honestly deserved two stars. I thought that when I read this book or novella that I would be getting a somewhat more in depth story of the relationship of Cooper and Eliza before she found out about his ties to the 318's. However the only part of the novella that satisfied me was the part when they first talk at her job and how he was able to get a date with h ...more
Xenia
Jul 14, 2012 Xenia rated it really liked it
"And before I know what's going on, before I can tell myself it's a bad idea, before I can remind myself what a complete player he is and what he allegedly did to Phoebe Smith, Cooper kisses me. Right there, in the hallway, in front of everyone.
"Hi," he says to me when he pulls away. He grins. I am so screwed."

"Before That Night" is a prequel novella to "One Night That Changes Everything", and fixes the biggest problem I had with the latter, namely that there is a certain lack of details on Co
Andie Z
Aug 22, 2011 Andie Z rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011, ebook, reviewed
Read this review and more on my blog From A to Z

I know, it's a lame description, right? But that’s really exactly what this story is. We get to read about what happened from the moment Eliza and Cooper started talking at the paintball arcade where Eliza works, right up until she goes through his stuff and finds the incriminating list from the 318’s, thus ending their relationship and kicking off the events of One Night That Changes Everything.

Before That Night is a wonderful, fun revisit to the
Joti
Mar 12, 2013 Joti rated it really liked it
HNGC Library
Apr 02, 2014 HNGC Library rated it liked it
Before that Night is cute but short - glad I waited to read One Night that Changes Everything until I read Before that Night. In Before that Night Eliza and Cooper meet and have the perfect relationship until Eliza finds a crumpled up paper that leads her to believe that Cooper has only been dating her to fulfill an initiation dare.
Panda
Jan 08, 2013 Panda rated it did not like it
i think the reason that i don't like this is simple. i forgot it was a novella, or rather did not realise quite how short that made it. my trusty ereader told me it was a nice 70 pages long which while not brilliant was decent enough. Little did i know that 28 of those pages were a "sneak peak" into the original novel. in the beginning in the opening scene with crazy coupon man i settled in for a more in-depth version of what happened to them "BEFORE" but really i was not given much after the me ...more
Kieli
Mar 31, 2012 Kieli rated it really liked it
I read this after I read One Night That Changes Everything, and I liked it but there wasn't enough depth and it felt rushed, although there were some details and it was really interesting to read what happened before that one night. But in One Night, Cooper says (spoiler alert) that he forgot the real reason he asked Eliza out in the first place, but in Before That Night he acts all weird because of Tyler and what he's making him do, so obviously he didn't "forget," but still I think in the One ...more
Makii
Nov 10, 2012 Makii rated it really liked it
Este libro es la precuela de One Night That Changes Everything y es perfecto para desarrollar la trama que viene. No desarrolla mucho de ellos, mas allá de como se conocen y un vistazo a sus semanas de noviazgo, pero corta en el momento clave, y te da ganas de saber que pasa realmente.
En estos momentos, no soy muy fan del prota, Cooper. Parecía tan lindo, tierno, pero estoy deseando ir a leer la historia y conocer que paso realmente, que motivos tuvo para traicionar así a Eliza, y saber que pasa
Katie
Mar 17, 2016 Katie rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
Worthless. Absolutely worthless. The author didn't need to write this book at all. It was a waste of money...short and worthless.
Laqua
Apr 03, 2016 Laqua rated it liked it
Lo leí primero, así mantenía el orden de la historia.
No me gusta Cooper. Los demás personajes sí.
Zafa.
Mish
Oct 30, 2015 Mish rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Since I got to read to read One Night That Changed Everything first, it's good for me to know what happened before. Like how Cooper acted weird and seemed nervous about his task which made me think that he really loves Eliza. <3

It's just too short, but it's okay.:)
Shan Gogh;
Jan 10, 2015 Shan Gogh; rated it really liked it
Now, I need to read One Night That Changes Everything...
Shxrxn
May 30, 2011 Shxrxn rated it really liked it
But if I’m being completely honest, I’m not that good with hot boys. Hot boys are extremely unpredictable, which makes it hard to figure out their motives.
- Eliza
This is how girls get themselves in all kinds of trouble. They start paying attention to the bolts of electricity in their stomachs. And as history has shown, listening to bolts of electricity is like, the worst thing you can do. It always ends with heartbreak and trauma.
- Eliza
It’s just girls telling girls things that aren’t true, in a
Wulan Murti
Apr 23, 2015 Wulan Murti rated it liked it
oh yeah... :))
is mee... kissa
Jan 16, 2014 is mee... kissa rated it it was ok
Don't like the protagonist. (view spoiler)
Erica
Feb 17, 2012 Erica rated it really liked it
Before That Night was such a fun insight to what happened before One Night That Changes Everything. I was instantly swept back in Eliza's world, and really reading Before That Night Made me want to go start reading One Night That Changes Everything once again. I just love Lauren Barnholdt's writing, and this was such a fun little snippet. I was so sad when it was over, as I just didn't want this one to end.
Anncleire
Aug 14, 2014 Anncleire rated it really liked it
Shelves: cute-guy, short-story, ya
Prequel di "One night that changes everything" ( qui la mia recensione: http://pleaseanotherbook.tumblr.com/p...) è assolutamente interessantissimo anche perchè Cooper Marriatti è un personaggio interessante e assolutamente indimenticabile che ha tutte le ragioni per comportarsi in una determinata maniera.
Leggete la Barnholdt non ve ne pentirete!
Kerri
Dec 26, 2010 Kerri rated it really liked it
This is the prequel to 'One Night That Changes Everything," which is a book that I really enjoyed. I think it is important to mention that "Before That Night" is a very short prequel yet just as enjoyable to read. For those readers who enjoyed "One Night... - you will definitely want to read this preamble to see how everything lead up to that final crazy night.
Jan 01, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
This prequel novella made me go back and reread One Night That Changes Everything. It reinforces why their relationship deserved a second look. Cooper can be so sweet, but you get a very biased (and angry) view of him (for the first while anyway) in One Night.
The problem with this: too short! but that's the point, I know.
Samantha Jo
Mar 02, 2012 Samantha Jo rated it really liked it
Cute, super quick read. I was able to easily put myself back into Eliza and Coopers relationship. I just wish there was a little more substance! But I love Lauren Barnholdt, and any story that mentions the clean teens and One Tree Hill are perfect in my mins :)
Kendra Alsop
Jan 21, 2013 Kendra Alsop rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. After I
finished One Night That Changes Everything I couldn't wait to read this one. Sadly I couldn't find a copy of this book so I had to wait until I got a nook. I recommend reading both of these you'll really enjoy them
eves
Nov 29, 2011 eves rated it liked it
It was kind of common, and it was kind of cliche, but I really still liked it because it made me see Cooper's really sensitive sweet side, and see why Eliza really freaked out and felt trampled in One Night That Changes Everything. A cute quick read.
Ana Banda
Oct 25, 2011 Ana Banda rated it it was amazing
Waaaa! Me encanto&muero por leer el libro entero! Cooper es del tipo que me gustan; asi mujeriegos segun la gente pero luego descubres como son en realidad; me recuerda a Will Miller *.* pero quiero el libro YAAA! :)
  • Forbidden Boy
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • Rhymes with Cupid
  • So Over You
  • The Wrong Path
  • The Boyfriend Game (First Kisses, #5)
  • Caleb + Kate
  • So Inn Love
  • Smile for Me
  • Meet Me at the Boardwalk
  • The Star Shack
  • Magic Hands
  • Safe Landing
  • October Breezes (October Breezes #1)
  • Lovestruck Summer
  • Major Crush

One Night That Changes Everything (1 books)
  • One Night That Changes Everything (One Night That Changes Everything #1)