Start by marking “The Mother Of All Baby Books: An All Canadian Guide To Baby's First Year” as Want to Read:
The Mother Of All Baby Books: An All Canadian Guide To Baby's First Year

The Mother Of All Baby Books: An All Canadian Guide To Baby's First Year

The Mother of All Baby Books "is the instruction manual that Mother Nature forgot to include with the new arrival a hands-on guide to coping with the joys and challenges of caring for your new baby. It's a totally comprehensive guide that features a non-bossy, fresh, and fun approach to Baby's exciting first year. Based on the best advice from over 100 Canadian parents, Th ...more
Published August 15th 2002 by Macmillan Canada (first published May 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Mother Of All Baby Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mother Of All Baby Books

Melissa
Aug 13, 2007 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: new parents
Shelves: read-in-2007
So, I was happily reading this book and kept telling my husband about how much I like this book & that it ranks # 2 as far as baby books go (Baby 411 is the absolute BEST one) & I have read ALOT of baby books. Anyway I get to this sentence that really makes me mad - it is better to smoke & breastfeed than to not breastfeed at all - I tried to breastfeed my son for 3 months and we just could not do it. He was born with low blood sugar thanks to my diabetes & was given a bottle as ...more
Megan
Jan 03, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty helpful book, for the most part. There were good sections on what to expect of your body and baby as soon as it's born, and then how to care for the infant - diapering, bathing, breastfeeding, illness, etc. There are some good charts that I'm sure will come in handy in the future, as well as a long list of references and services that are available to parents. I liked that this was a Canadian book, since most child/pregnancy books are American, and things are different here.
Zoe MacKenzie
This book is better than "What to expect when your expecting", but just barely. I did not like this book at all, and I found the writing repetitive and non-supportive. This is book is not worth buying. If you are tempted to give it a read I recommend borrowing it from the library first.
Oct 15, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this and thought it was useful. The only chapter that I wish I had skipped was the one on baby illnesses (though I probably should not have ready through it and only used it as a reference chapter). Like her other book, this book was practical and down to earth.
Emilie
May 27, 2016 Emilie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting-babies
(Review written later.) I read it a few weeks ago, and while I don’t know yet how useful the information will be, I thought it was a good reference book. Not enough to convince me to buy it, though. We’ll see, I could change my mind once Baby’s there!
Amanda Pfeifer
Feb 10, 2008 Amanda Pfeifer rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amanda by: Kimberly Joy
This is the Bible of baby books!

I love it. I will be referencing this book for a long time!
Sara Sullivan
Nov 28, 2010 Sara Sullivan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are reading the Canadian Only version of this book and so far its amazing!
Michelle
very informative and to the point with a bit of dry Canadian humor in some of the anecdotes
Megan Garcia
This book would be for someone who knows absolutely nothing about babies. I felt like I only gained new information from one or two chapters of the book, if that.
Jessica
Aug 23, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, non-fiction, 2011
Another go-to book for the next year. Following the Mother of All Baby Books, this is a great resource to rely on once your little one enters your life.
Victoria
It has been very helpful. I continue to review it when I have questions.
Reese
Jan 09, 2014 Reese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much better than the "What to Expect" book series. And especially wonderful is that this book is offered for free as part of my workplace employee assistance program for expectant parents!
Lauren-Lee
Lauren-Lee rated it did not like it
Oct 10, 2016
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Meghan Reimer
Meghan Reimer rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Lilo
Lilo rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2011
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2008
Nisha
Nisha rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2011
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2012
S
S is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2007
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Christine Sedita
Christine Sedita rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2011
Laura rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Cori
Cori rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2007
Janelle
Janelle rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2009
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
May 10, 2017
isaiah svoboda
isaiah svoboda rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Mothering the New Mother: Women's Feelings  Needs After Childbirth: A Support and Resource Guide
  • Conception, Pregnancy & Birth
  • Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers
  • This Isn't What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression
  • Mother Multiples: Breastfeeding & Caring for Twins or More! (La Leche League International Book)
  • The Breastfeeding Answer Book
  • The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers : The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solution Guide to Breastfeeding from the Foremost Expert in North America
  • Homeschooling: The Teen Years: Your Complete Guide to Successfully Homeschooling the 13- to 18- Year-Old
  • Your Amazing Newborn
  • The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth (Revised)
  • The Oxford Dictionary Of Current English
  • Touchpoints: Birth to 3 : Your Child's Emotional and Behavioral Development
  • Impressionists
  • The Garneau Block
  • English Grammar for Students of French: The Study Guide for Those Learning French
  • Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby's First Year
  • Fallingwater Rising: Frank Lloyd Wright, E. J. Kaufmann, and America's Most Extraordinary House
  • Your Pregnancy & Birth: Information You Can Trust from the Leading Experts in Women's Health Care
Ann Douglas is the author of numerous books about pregnancy and parenting including, most recently, Parenting Through the Storm: How to Handle the Highs, the Lows, and Everything in Between. She is also the creator of The Mother of All Books series:

The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: (2nd US edition, July 2012 and 2nd Canadian edition, June 2011)
The Mother of All Baby Books
The Mother of All T
More about Ann Douglas...