Start by marking “The Mother Of All Baby Books: An All Canadian Guide To Baby's First Year” as Want to Read:
The Mother Of All Baby Books: An All Canadian Guide To Baby's First Year

The Mother Of All Baby Books: An All Canadian Guide To Baby's First Year

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Mother of All Baby Books "is the instruction manual that Mother Nature forgot to include with the new arrival a hands-on guide to coping with the joys and challenges of caring for your new baby. It's a totally comprehensive guide that features a non-bossy, fresh, and fun approach to Baby's exciting first year. Based on the best advice from over 100 Canadian parents, Th ...more
Paperback
Published August 15th 2002 by Not Avail (first published May 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Mother Of All Baby Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mother Of All Baby Books

Melissa
Sep 23, 2007 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: new parents
Shelves: read-in-2007
So, I was happily reading this book and kept telling my husband about how much I like this book & that it ranks # 2 as far as baby books go (Baby 411 is the absolute BEST one) & I have read ALOT of baby books. Anyway I get to this sentence that really makes me mad - it is better to smoke & breastfeed than to not breastfeed at all - I tried to breastfeed my son for 3 months and we just could not do it. He was born with low blood sugar thanks to my diabetes & was given a bottle as ...more
Zoe MacKenzie
This book is better than "What to expect when your expecting", but just barely. I did not like this book at all, and I found the writing repetitive and non-supportive. This is book is not worth buying. If you are tempted to give it a read I recommend borrowing it from the library first.
Megan Garcia
This book would be for someone who knows absolutely nothing about babies. I felt like I only gained new information from one or two chapters of the book, if that.
Megan
This was a pretty helpful book, for the most part. There were good sections on what to expect of your body and baby as soon as it's born, and then how to care for the infant - diapering, bathing, breastfeeding, illness, etc. There are some good charts that I'm sure will come in handy in the future, as well as a long list of references and services that are available to parents. I liked that this was a Canadian book, since most child/pregnancy books are American, and things are different here.
Reese
So much better than the "What to Expect" book series. And especially wonderful is that this book is offered for free as part of my workplace employee assistance program for expectant parents!
I really liked this and thought it was useful. The only chapter that I wish I had skipped was the one on baby illnesses (though I probably should not have ready through it and only used it as a reference chapter). Like her other book, this book was practical and down to earth.
Jessica
Another go-to book for the next year. Following the Mother of All Baby Books, this is a great resource to rely on once your little one enters your life.
Michelle
very informative and to the point with a bit of dry Canadian humor in some of the anecdotes
Amanda Pfeifer
Feb 24, 2008 Amanda Pfeifer rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Amanda by: Kimberly Joy
This is the Bible of baby books!

I love it. I will be referencing this book for a long time!
Victoria
It has been very helpful. I continue to review it when I have questions.
Sara Sullivan
We are reading the Canadian Only version of this book and so far its amazing!
Brittany Michelle
Brittany Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Krystle
Krystle is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2015
Water
Water added it
Jul 18, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Justyna
Justyna marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Ashlee
Ashlee marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Nazley
Nazley marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Mikkiko
Mikkiko marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Your Amazing Newborn
  • Mother Multiples: Breastfeeding & Caring for Twins or More! (La Leche League International Book)
  • The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers : The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solution Guide to Breastfeeding from the Foremost Expert in North America
  • Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers
  • The Breastfeeding Answer Book
  • The Complete Book of Pregnancy & Childbirth
  • Touchpoints: Birth to 3 : Your Child's Emotional and Behavioral Development
  • Off the Tourist Trail: 1,000 Unexpected Travel Alternatives
  • The Mindful Child: How to Help Your Kid Manage Stress and Become Happier, Kinder, and More Compassionate
  • Consuming Kids: The Hostile Takeover of Childhood
  • Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering: The Wisdom and Science of Gentle Choices in Pregnancy, Birth, and Parenting
  • The Birth Partner
  • Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding
  • The Baby Name Wizard: A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby
  • Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby's First Year
  • The Fussy Baby Book: Parenting Your High-Need Child From Birth to Age Five
  • Your Baby Is Speaking to You: A Visual Guide to the Amazing Behaviors of Your Newborn and Growing Baby
  • The World Needs Your Kid: Raising Children Who Care And Contribute
Ann Douglas is the author of numerous books about pregnancy and parenting including, most recently, Parenting Through the Storm: How to Handle the Highs, the Lows, and Everything in Between. She is also the creator of The Mother of All Books series:

The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: (2nd US edition, July 2012 and 2nd Canadian edition, June 2011)
The Mother of All Baby Books
The Mother of All Todd
More about Ann Douglas...
The Mother of all Pregnancy Books Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss The Mother of All Toddler Books The Unofficial Guide to Having a Baby Sleep Solutions for Your Baby, Toddler and Preschooler: The Ultimate No-Worry Approach for Each Age and Stage