Start by marking “Undead and Unworthy (Undead, #7)” as Want to Read:
Undead and Unworthy (Undead, #7)

Undead and Unworthy (Undead #7)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  13,403 Ratings  ·  473 Reviews

Since tying the knot with Sinclair, like hasn't been all marital bliss for Betsy. Sinclair has been perusing The Book fo the Dead, Betsy's being hounded by a ghost who's even more insufferable in death than in life, and a pack of ancient vampires has decided to pay an unwelcome visit.

MP3 Book, Unabridged, 0 pages
Published January 18th 2010 by Recorded Books, LLC (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Undead and Unworthy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undead and Unworthy

Jilly
"Can we please have one midnight getaway without having to talk about Marc's penis?

Apparently not.
So, this series is taking a turn towards being a bit more dark and depressing. Penis talk will do that. Oh, and the death of beloved characters. Not.cool.
Jim
Mar 26, 2012 Jim rated it liked it
Another fun romp with Queen Betsy with the wonderful Nancy Wu making it a lot more fun. There was a brief synopsis of the events that led up to this book, but Davidson still wasted a lot of words recapping. I hate that. This is pap. If I picked up the series from this book, I really wouldn't miss anything without the recap. It's just not that complicated. Spending 5 minutes telling me the back story on a character is not needed & plain boring.
Valerie
Jul 15, 2008 Valerie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
Undead and Unworthy is the continuing story of Betsy (the Vampire Queen), and her gang of friends. It's the seventh book in the series, and unfortunately I felt that it was one of the weakest.

MaryJanice Davidson prefaced the book with a note to the reader letting us know that this is the first book in a new story arc. Along with new cover art, it seems like the story lines have gotten a little sexier and lighter. But it just didn't seem to have that much substance to me. The past novels in the s
Heather
Feb 01, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
4 Stars:
The series is fun and mindless to read. Her last two books of this series were getting to a better story line yet without much plot. However, it just keeps getting better and better and I cannot wait to see what happens next!

Among some of my favorites. Outstanding literary work. The characters are well developed, interesting. The liked characters are likable and the hated are unlikable. The writing is captivating enough to keep you interested until the end and leave you wanting more. It
Jennifer Wardrip
MJD points out in her introduction that the new cover of UNDEAD AND UNWORTHY reflects the new direction that this book and the two upcoming ones will follow; a mini-story arc within a story arc. Frankly, I'm not all that thrilled.

Betsy is still Betsy -- still childish, still prone to immaturity, still interested with having sex with her new husband as often as possible, still the new guardian of Baby Jon (although he's conspicuously missing from this installment), still back-and-forth with best
Linda Thompson
Jul 27, 2015 Linda Thompson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find it very interesting that I am enjoying the sequels more than the original book.

I really like Betsy. I like that she tries so very hard. She thinks she's selfish and inept and I see a girl over her head and doing the best she can.

I am very much enjoying her grandpa. I hope his role continues in the next books.
Svenja
Schön, das es endlich eine Geschichte für die Biester gibt.

Ich habe weniger gelacht, als in den Büchern zuvor.

Irgendwie war mir das Buch zu traurig am Ende.
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jun 24, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
Lisa
May 19, 2008 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Started this book a few days ago and hate it! I read the whole series up to now and I'm walking away. The first two books were cute and fun. The third was pretty entertaining as well. The series should have stopped there. The author insists on rehashing past story lines at the beginning of each subsequent book. If a reader is stupid enough to pick up book 7 without reading the prior books, too freakin' bad! They can catch up on their own time.

Here's some ideas for future titles:

"Undead and Unin
Mary Janice Davidson, step away from your computer! Take your silly "trilogy within a series" and toss it out the window. It's a terrible, terrible idea!

I read the Queen Betsy books for a quick, lighthearted read that leaves me chuckling. I don't want serious sub-plots or random new weirdo characters. I want fun!

The latest installment is much darker than the other books and I don't like it. Plus, the ending was HORRIBLE. I'm not going to tell you what happened because then this review will be ma
kagit kiz
Son çok kötüydü, Nick in nefreti karın ağrıtacak cinstendi ayrıca 3 kişinin ölümüyle olaya dram katılmaya çalışılmış ama olmamış MaryJanice sanırım seriye farklı bir boyut katmaya çalışıyor ama bilemedim ben eski komik eğlenceli kitaplarını özlüyorum :/
Kate
Aug 26, 2008 Kate rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Joy
I've read the reviews before and found this book disappointed most of the readers. I, however, wasn't really disappointed. I don't take the Queen Betsy stories seriously because I'm in it for the laughs - and laugh a lot I did. If you're looking for some story with depth and character development, I suggest you pick up another book. I just want to read something mindless sometimes.

While reading the book everything is still pretty much the same; Nick still hates Betsy, and characters were consist
Lori
Nov 20, 2008 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008november
I hate pleasant surprises.*

I'd prewritten much of this review (in my head, at least) before even cracking the book's spine. It was a well-planned metaphor about buying junk from the vending machine when you're not even hungry and eating it though it doesn't really taste good and leaves a greasy slime on your teeth.

Seriously, though, I couldn't have told you why I keep picking up the Undead books. They've never been satisfying -- too much chick, not enough lit. And though I've been accused (harru
Sandra
This one was all about the Fiends.

Garret the reformed fiend feels sorry for the rest of them and starts feeding them his blood. They slowly become more rational but then conclude that Betsy is to blame for their plight.

(view spoiler)

The Ant appears and haunts Betsy, and Sinclair and Tina continue to have secrets from her; Bab
Jul 06, 2008 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
At the beginning of this book MJD addresses the reader and mentions that she's taking Betsy in a new direction (a new story arc) and that this and the next two books will comprise a trilogy within a series. I personally do not see what this arc might or might not be and this book seems to be just more of the same to me. About the only thing I see different is that Betsy is starting to loose a little (and I do mean a very miniscule amount) of her "blondeness" and standing up for herself and her r ...more
Ronda
Dec 29, 2011 Ronda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Betsy, Sinclair, Jessica, Tina, Nick and the rest... I even love babyJon when he's teething... however, this episode lacked something that all of the other books seem to have had.. It didn't contain the 'umph' and it felt a little like a chore to continue reading it...

Having said that, I will still continue to read the next books, the past ones were hilarious and I've loved them so far, I'm hoping the next one will perk up some.
Clarabel
Objectivement, l'histoire n'est pas très élaborée et l'héroïne est épuisante à être aussi ridicule. Toutefois, je conserve un certain attachement pour cette série sans prétention. C'est léger, drôle et facile à lire, ça me distrait juste ce qu'il faut ! Et puis, j'ai enfin compris qu'il fallait la lire à dose homéopathique, pour ne pas risquer l'overdose. Betsy, c'est bien ... mais sans en abuser.
Oct 13, 2008 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ho hum. That's how I felt about this book. MJD says the series is starting to move in a new direction, but I'm not sure this is a direction that actually works. Betsy is becoming more serious (although never completely) and two people actually died. It's just doesn't at all have the same feeling as the first book, which I really loved. I'll probably keep reading the series, but I won't be so eager to get my hands on each new book.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Best book of the series. I like the direction MJ has this book going in. It's less romance, except for the opening scene and that was funny, and more kick butt. I think Betsy finally is learning she's in charge and is going about the right way now. I'm glad the fiends, that are left, are back to their own selves. What's next for Betsy? I can't wait to find out.
May 20, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like the main character in this series. She is very different and unique.I believe this is my favorite so far in the series.. I really like the author's humor
Cindyg
Apr 23, 2010 Cindyg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a little boring for me. I hope the next one will get back on track.
Tracy Dalton
Jul 29, 2011 Tracy Dalton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betsy and Sinclair were entertaining as always!!!! Enjoying this series.
Lois
Jun 25, 2017 Lois rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was torn between 1 and 2 stars. The biggest reason this book was a dud is because Betsy didn't care about a character that's been invested in (Alice) and was invested in a character that comes out of nowhere in the series (Antonia). Davidson does a recap of previous storylines/character developments in every book to remind us where we left off. But EVERYTHING related to Antonia is from a book that's outside of the series, and there's no recap for those of us who haven't read it! In my opinion, ...more
Brandi
Feb 27, 2017 Brandi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Undead and Unworthy is the 7th book in the Queen Betsy series. Mary Janice Davidson is another one of my fluff authors. Her books are enjoyable without requiring any thought. They're a great palate cleanser between books - they get you out of the world you were just in and get you ready for the next (hopefully) good book. Queen Betsy of the vampires has a shoe obsession - I mean, the books are really vapid with quite a bit of slapstick. If you like Janet Evanovich's humor in the Stephanie Plum b
Dre McDermott
This one wasn't my favorite, it wrapped up lose ends from other books and left a few questions but nothing new...
Alex
May 11, 2017 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm, why the cover change?

Betsy really is a moron, but this is still a fun series.
Becky Talbot
Sometimes you just need a mindless book or 7... If you can get past the typos, this is a fun series.
  • Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating #3)
  • Romancing the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #3)
  • Over My Dead Body (Broken Heart #5)
  • Real Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3)
  • Lady & the Vamp (Immortality Bites, #3)
  • Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey #4)
  • Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2)
  • Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, #3)
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author and motivational speaker who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series and is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author. She writes a bi-weekly column for USA Today ("A Writer's Life") and lives in St. Paul with her family. You can reach her on Facebook and follow her on ...more
More about MaryJanice Davidson...

Undead (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1)
  • Dead Girls Don't Dance (Queen Betsy #1.5)
  • Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2)
  • Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3)
  • Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4)
  • Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5)
  • Undead and Uneasy (Undead, #6)
  • Undead and Unwelcome (Undead, #8)
  • Undead and Unfinished (Undead, #9)
  • Undead and Undermined (Undead, #10)

“They weren't moving. Perhaps I was dazzling then with my ineptitude. It had happened before.” 24 likes
“There's more than one way for a girl to Google a cat.” 14 likes