Undead and Unworthy (Undead, #7)

Undead and Unworthy (Undead #7)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  10,845 ratings  ·  403 reviews

Since tying the knot with Sinclair, like hasn't been all marital bliss for Betsy. Sinclair has been perusing The Book fo the Dead, Betsy's being hounded by a ghost who's even more insufferable in death than in life, and a pack of ancient vampires has decided to pay an unwelcome visit.

MP3 Book, Unabridged, 0 pages
Published January 18th 2010 by Recorded Books, LLC (first published January 1st 2008)

Jim
Another fun romp with Queen Betsy with the wonderful Nancy Wu making it a lot more fun. There was a brief synopsis of the events that led up to this book, but Davidson still wasted a lot of words recapping. I hate that. This is pap. If I picked up the series from this book, I really wouldn't miss anything without the recap. It's just not that complicated. Spending 5 minutes telling me the back story on a character is not needed & plain boring.
Valerie
Undead and Unworthy is the continuing story of Betsy (the Vampire Queen), and her gang of friends. It's the seventh book in the series, and unfortunately I felt that it was one of the weakest.

MaryJanice Davidson prefaced the book with a note to the reader letting us know that this is the first book in a new story arc. Along with new cover art, it seems like the story lines have gotten a little sexier and lighter. But it just didn't seem to have that much substance to me. The past novels in the s...more
Heather
Lisa Smith
The series is fun and mindless to read. Her last two books of this series were getting to a better story line yet without much plot. However, it just keeps getting better and better and I cannot wait to see what happens next!
Jennifer Wardrip
MJD points out in her introduction that the new cover of UNDEAD AND UNWORTHY reflects the new direction that this book and the two upcoming ones will follow; a mini-story arc within a story arc. Frankly, I'm not all that thrilled.

Betsy is still Betsy -- still childish, still prone to immaturity, still interested with having sex with her new husband as often as possible, still the new guardian of Baby Jon (although he's conspicuously missing from this installment), still back-and-forth with best...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Mary Janice Davidson, step away from your computer! Take your silly "trilogy within a series" and toss it out the window. It's a terrible, terrible idea!

I read the Queen Betsy books for a quick, lighthearted read that leaves me chuckling. I don't want serious sub-plots or random new weirdo characters. I want fun!

The latest installment is much darker than the other books and I don't like it. Plus, the ending was HORRIBLE. I'm not going to tell you what happened because then this review will be ma...more
Lisa
Started this book a few days ago and hate it! I read the whole series up to now and I'm walking away. The first two books were cute and fun. The third was pretty entertaining as well. The series should have stopped there. The author insists on rehashing past story lines at the beginning of each subsequent book. If a reader is stupid enough to pick up book 7 without reading the prior books, too freakin' bad! They can catch up on their own time.

Here's some ideas for future titles:

"Undead and Unin...more
kagit kiz
Son çok kötüydü, Nick in nefreti karın ağrıtacak cinstendi ayrıca 3 kişinin ölümüyle olaya dram katılmaya çalışılmış ama olmamış MaryJanice sanırım seriye farklı bir boyut katmaya çalışıyor ama bilemedim ben eski komik eğlenceli kitaplarını özlüyorum :/
Joy
I've read the reviews before and found this book disappointed most of the readers. I, however, wasn't really disappointed. I don't take the Queen Betsy stories seriously because I'm in it for the laughs - and laugh a lot I did. If you're looking for some story with depth and character development, I suggest you pick up another book. I just want to read something mindless sometimes.

While reading the book everything is still pretty much the same; Nick still hates Betsy, and characters were consist...more
Sandra
This one was all about the Fiends.

Garret the reformed fiend feels sorry for the rest of them and starts feeding them his blood. They slowly become more rational but then conclude that Betsy is to blame for their plight.

(view spoiler)

The Ant appears and haunts Betsy, and Sinclair and Tina continue to have secrets from her; Bab...more
Kate
Lori
I hate pleasant surprises.*

I'd prewritten much of this review (in my head, at least) before even cracking the book's spine. It was a well-planned metaphor about buying junk from the vending machine when you're not even hungry and eating it though it doesn't really taste good and leaves a greasy slime on your teeth.

Seriously, though, I couldn't have told you why I keep picking up the Undead books. They've never been satisfying -- too much chick, not enough lit. And though I've been accused (harru...more
Karen
At the beginning of this book MJD addresses the reader and mentions that she's taking Betsy in a new direction (a new story arc) and that this and the next two books will comprise a trilogy within a series. I personally do not see what this arc might or might not be and this book seems to be just more of the same to me. About the only thing I see different is that Betsy is starting to loose a little (and I do mean a very miniscule amount) of her "blondeness" and standing up for herself and her r...more
Ronda
I love Betsy, Sinclair, Jessica, Tina, Nick and the rest... I even love babyJon when he's teething... however, this episode lacked something that all of the other books seem to have had.. It didn't contain the 'umph' and it felt a little like a chore to continue reading it...

Having said that, I will still continue to read the next books, the past ones were hilarious and I've loved them so far, I'm hoping the next one will perk up some.
Karen
Ho hum. That's how I felt about this book. MJD says the series is starting to move in a new direction, but I'm not sure this is a direction that actually works. Betsy is becoming more serious (although never completely) and two people actually died. It's just doesn't at all have the same feeling as the first book, which I really loved. I'll probably keep reading the series, but I won't be so eager to get my hands on each new book.
Clarabel
Objectivement, l'histoire n'est pas très élaborée et l'héroïne est épuisante à être aussi ridicule. Toutefois, je conserve un certain attachement pour cette série sans prétention. C'est léger, drôle et facile à lire, ça me distrait juste ce qu'il faut ! Et puis, j'ai enfin compris qu'il fallait la lire à dose homéopathique, pour ne pas risquer l'overdose. Betsy, c'est bien ... mais sans en abuser.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Best book of the series. I like the direction MJ has this book going in. It's less romance, except for the opening scene and that was funny, and more kick butt. I think Betsy finally is learning she's in charge and is going about the right way now. I'm glad the fiends, that are left, are back to their own selves. What's next for Betsy? I can't wait to find out.
Chantel
Undead and Unworthy 7th in series(Audio CD) (Unabridged)
Author: MaryJanice Davidson

Betsy thought entering the world of the undead was a big adjustment. Being a new bride isn't much easier. The blush has only been on for two months, and she has a lot to do; set up the new house, finish writing thank-you notes, and raise BabyJon, her half brother and legal ward.

As if Betsy wasn't stressed out enough, her husband, Sinclair, has been perusing the Book of the Dead, and she's been visited by a ghost w...more
Christina
Again, another entertaining addition to the Undead series. As with its predecessors, I listened to the audiobook while working out and doing household chores. These books are great for that because your full attention is not necessary to keep up with the story.

There is no intellectual value here; the series is purely for entertainment. The main character is still just as self-centered and airheaded as always and it is funny. The narrator is wonderful and nails Betsy’s character.

Just as with the...more
Cindyg
This one was a little boring for me. I hope the next one will get back on track.
Tracy Dalton
Betsy and Sinclair were entertaining as always!!!! Enjoying this series.
Amber Hatfield
Jenevieve
Check out all my book reviews on My Blog

The 7th book in the Queen Betsy series. The honeymoon is over and Betsy is trying to settle down to a typical life: raising BabyJon, writing Thank You notes, finding the latest trendy shoes. You know that kind of stuff but we also know that Betsy's life is just not that easy. Enter the Fiends whom apparently Garrett has been feeding his blood to and are now self-aware and PISSED! And since that's too easy, there is also some weird serial killer thing going...more
Dharia Scarab
So I really haven't enjoy'd this series, and if I hadn't picked up the first 7 books in the hardback 4 in 1 sci-fi editions, I wouldn't have bothered reading past book 2.
Sinclair is an asshat.
Betsy is a selfish spoiled brat
And the rest of the cast of friends are annoying as hell.

But the true sign that this series was crap and
I won't bother reading more...
Two of the ensemble cast of characters died and I didn't even cry... And I always cry when characters die... Even when I know it's coming.

Since...more
Undead and Unworthy marks a major turning point in the Queen Betsy series. Betsy has always been apologetic to a fault and believed herself to be significantly weaker than she actually is. Now, finally, she is accepting both her abilities and responsibilities.

The plot was filled with some major fiend action, which translates to huge amounts of chaos. At a few points, the action got so crazy that it was slightly confusing and sections needed to be reread to completely understand what was happenin...more
Rina
I think it's awesome that Betsy's story is going towards a slightly different direction starting from this book.

As I understand it, MaryJanice Davidson originally planned only 6 books for Betsy. But obviously MaryJanice still had lots of plans for the characters when book 6 ended. So she started this new trilogy with the same characters.
Undead and Unworthy is actually the first of the trilogy.

I admit it IS a good time for Betsy to get more serious, what with her situation getting deeper and deep...more
Alexis
Davidson writes a little note to us, the readers, that she is taking the series into a different direction, hint the change of the cover illustrations. At first, I had mixed feelings, and wasn't sure if it would work, because she also mentions that it will become a triology within the series. So far I do like it. In fact, I think that this book was the best out of the series, and def is a turning point for Betsy as a character. A few beloved characters were "written off" in the last book, and ma...more
Darlene
This is MaryJanice Davidson's latest in the vampire Betsy's series. This is number seven. She's starting with a new cover on this seventh book. She's doing a trilogy of books within the series but I have to say that I liked the old covers much better.

Betsy is up to her usual antics of fighting off vampires that are trying to kill her and keeping up with things at home; namely her hubby and her friends and let's not forget her sister who has the devil as a father but is a sweet girl and her stepb...more
Debbie
Now that she was married to Eric Sinclair, Queen Betsy expected things to get easier. Discovering that multiple people still wanted her dead (more specifically gone), but she was still surprised by it. To find out that the fiends that she had done her best to take care of were “awake” and blamed her of all people for the situation they found themselves in. With help like her husbands, the King, and her house full of friends, Betsy can still discover new things about her self and her new existenc...more
  • Romancing the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #3)
  • Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home (Broken Heart, #4)
  • Real Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3)
  • Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating, #3)
  • Lady & the Vamp (Immortality Bites, #3)
  • Sucker Bet (Vegas Vampires, #4)
  • Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #4)
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series. She is both a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. She won a 2004 Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and was nominated for the same award in 2005.

MaryJanice's Facebook page:

More about MaryJanice Davidson...
Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4) Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3) Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5)

“They weren't moving. Perhaps I was dazzling then with my ineptitude. It had happened before.” 23 likes
“There's more than one way for a girl to Google a cat.” 14 likes