Start by marking “Moomin's Little Book of Numbers” as Want to Read:
Moomin's Little Book of Numbers

Moomin's Little Book of Numbers (Moomin Picture Books)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Little ones can rely on the Moomins to make numbers fun. Moomintroll, Moominmamma, and the Snork Maiden help create a game out of learning to go from one to ten, and beyond, with everyday objects such as seashells and stars.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published April 12th 2011 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Moomin's Little Book of Numbers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moomin's Little Book of Numbers

Marieke
Dec 28, 2015 Marieke rated it really liked it
I am new to baby books but I think I'm getting an idea of what works. I read this by myself so I can't report on how an actual baby reacted (just yet). I hope to report good feedback from baby...although it's just a basic board book, I expect interaction since the baby should learn to recognize and "count" the objects. One thing I have learned so far: interaction is good. And although there is no textual story, I think an imaginative reader could create one from the simple but lovely pictures.
Bam
I discovered Tove Jansson's children's books after reading one of her adult books. The Moomin characters are adorable! This book helps little ones count to ten in cute, loving ways.
Shannon
Oct 26, 2015 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
I read this book to a baby! He liked the ten birds the best. He would probably have given in 3-4 stars.
Athena
Sep 30, 2014 Athena rated it it was ok
I like it for the numbers, but it's just not the interesting for me.
Alexis
This is one of my favorite board books. Like other Moomin picture books, the paintings are simple, yet gorgeous. The objects to count are interesting and require you to pay attention! They weave together to tell the tale of a Moomin day. May sound crazy, but I much preferred it to the Moomin Book of Words.
Erin
Sep 18, 2013 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: children-teen
I was asked to read bedtime stories to a friend’s child and this was the book he selected. The jury is still out on the Moomins. The girl Snark Maiden with the yellow hair and ankle bangle was too weird to process. I think that I will come to like these whimsical characters in time.
Apr 08, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok
I know this character is loved in Finland, but I really didn't have any interest in this book.
Kristin Fletcher-spear
Jul 01, 2011 Kristin Fletcher-spear rated it really liked it
love moomin and so did charlie. He kept calling it "my book"

good concept book
Fritz Loehrke
Fritz Loehrke marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Eureka
Eureka marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Chae Pak
Chae Pak rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Yakov Vassilyev
Yakov Vassilyev marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Kate
Kate added it
Feb 17, 2016
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Kimmy
Kimmy rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2015
Samuel Rowland
Samuel Rowland rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Julia Morrison
Julia Morrison rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Dyane Hummel
Dyane Hummel rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Kellie Fike
Kellie Fike rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Ally
Ally added it
Apr 20, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Tarquin Roberts
Tarquin Roberts marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Tove Jansson was born and died in Helsinki, Finland. As a Finnish citizen whose mother tongue was Swedish, she was part of the Swedish-speaking Finns minority. Thus, all her books were originally written in Swedish.

Although known first and foremost as an author, Tove Jansson considered her careers as author and painter to be of equal importance.

Tove Jansson wrote and illustrated her first Moomin
More about Tove Jansson...

Moomin Picture Books (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Who Will Comfort Toffle?
  • Moomin And Little Dragon
  • Moomin And Snufkin
  • Moomin and the Birthday Button
  • Moomin's Splendid Summer Sticker Book
  • Moomin and the Moonlight Adventure
  • Moomin's Lift-The-Flap Hide and Seek
  • Moomin's Little Book of Colours
  • Moomin's Little Book of Opposites. Based on Tove Jansson's Original Characters and Artwork
  • Moomin's Little Book of Words