Start by marking “Moomin's Little Book of Numbers” as Want to Read:
Moomin's Little Book of Numbers

Moomin's Little Book of Numbers (Moomin Picture Books)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Little ones canrely on the Moomins to makenumbers fun. Moomintroll, Moominmamma, and the Snork Maiden helpcreate a game out oflearning to gofrom one to ten, and beyond, with everyday objects such as seashells and stars. ...more
Board Book, 14 pages
Published April 12th 2011 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Moomin's Little Book of Numbers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moomin's Little Book of Numbers

Alexis
This is one of my favorite board books. Like other Moomin picture books, the paintings are simple, yet gorgeous. The objects to count are interesting and require you to pay attention! They weave together to tell the tale of a Moomin day. May sound crazy, but I much preferred it to the Moomin Book of Words.
Athena
I like it for the numbers, but it's just not the interesting for me.
Erin
I was asked to read bedtime stories to a friend’s child and this was the book he selected. The jury is still out on the Moomins. The girl Snark Maiden with the yellow hair and ankle bangle was too weird to process. I think that I will come to like these whimsical characters in time.
I know this character is loved in Finland, but I really didn't have any interest in this book.
Kristin Fletcher-spear
love moomin and so did charlie. He kept calling it "my book"

good concept book
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Tarquin Roberts
Tarquin Roberts marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Owen Kaufman
Owen Kaufman marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Arlyn
Arlyn added it
Apr 22, 2014
Cassie Fleurs
Cassie Fleurs marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Jasper
Jasper marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Wini C
Wini C added it
Dec 22, 2013
Ayaan
Ayaan added it
Sep 02, 2013
Tove Jansson was born and died in Helsinki, Finland. As a Finnish citizen whose mother tongue was Swedish, she was part of the Swedish-speaking Finns minority. Thus, all her books were originally written in Swedish.

Although known first and foremost as an author, Tove Jansson considered her careers as author and painter to be of equal importance.

Tove Jansson wrote and illustrated her first Moomin
More about Tove Jansson...

Moomin Picture Books (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Who Will Comfort Toffle?
  • Moomin And Little Dragon
  • Moomin And Snufkin
  • Moomin and the Birthday Button
  • Moomin's Splendid Summer Sticker Book
  • Moomin and the Moonlight Adventure
  • Moomin's Lift-The-Flap Hide and Seek
  • Moomin's Little Book of Colours
  • Moomin's Little Book of Opposites. Based on Tove Jansson's Original Characters and Artwork
  • Moomin's Little Book of Words
Finn Family Moomintroll (The Moomins, #3) The Summer Book Comet in Moominland (The Moomins, #2) Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5) The Moomins and the Great Flood (The Moomins, #1)