Start by marking “Her Forever Family (The Stone Family #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Forever Family (The Stone Family #2)

Her Forever Family (The Stone Family #2)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Widowed father Ben Lamar isn't an expert on parenthood. Especially when it comes to helping his teenage son with special needs. So when a caring child psychologist offers to work with the boy, Ben is relieved. Until he discovers that Alison Stone's ideas are very different from his. Granted, his son is responding very well to treatment. But the lovely doctor is asking way ...more
ebook, Love Inspired #556, 224 pages
Published April 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published March 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Her Forever Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Forever Family

Jane
Mar 05, 2010 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual Mae Nunn did an excellent job. She took a subject that many would not attempt and wrote an excellent novel.
I could so relate to the feelings of Ali and Ben in the unsureness of their feelings during their relationship. I think all couples experience a lot of questions. Also I loved the way they each would pray. I did that when I was courting my husband. Like Ali I almost walked away from my husband before I married him because I felt so beneath him financially.
Ali was afraid her past wo
Janine
Nov 12, 2013 Janine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Her Forever Family" by Mae Nunn is a touching and heartwarming story with some truly disturbing facts in the note from Ms. Nunn at the end.

This book touches on hard subjects such as child abuse and more bothersome is child sexual abuse. Not once is there a detailed description but the topic and a few victims are mentioned. But even with these subjects and how vile they are, it is a good example of how God can make something truly beautiful out of something so vile. For this book did have some
Brandy
Aug 10, 2011 Brandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book that tackles several issues in one book!...mental illness (autism 'aspergers.' Ethan, the hero's teen son in the book.), child sexual abuse, (the heroine's) and fear/phobia's (the hero's, Benjamin's fear of dogs.) And dealt with them well. Widowed single father, and EX NFL Dallas Cowboy player, Benjamin Lamar doesn't know how to deal with his 15 yr old autistic son, who refuses to come out of his room and is obssesed with rocks. Dr. Allison Stone (psychotherapist) and and part of West ...more
Amy
Aug 12, 2015 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
quick, fun read. romance without the smutty stuff. :)
Karen
Dec 28, 2013 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Alison Stone, the Rock, rescues Ethan, Ben Lamar's son from a ledge by helicopter. Ben and Alison are destined to fall in love and there were lots of background items that could have really made this interesting, but it was wrapped up with a nice bow in 3 pages.
Shelly
May 18, 2013 Shelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was thrown by how religious this book was. Usually, I can just skim over those aspects. I kept slamming into them with this book. My problem with this story was some of the Autism characteristics. I felt this was misrepresented and sometimes stereotypical.
Crissi
Oh How I wish this book could have been longer! Great story! I'd have loved to have read more detail in each of Ben & Ali's lives, but it was wonderful even with the 214 pages the Author had to work with. I Loved the dialogue and even Simba made me smile :o)
IrenesBookReviews
Follows the story of a special needs child, his father and the woman who changes them. An ok read but not the typical lighthearted romance. Still a good Christian fiction book to try.
Hannah
Sep 28, 2010 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm in this one!! Lol....another beatifully written book by Mae Nunn, 'nuff said!
Englandjennifer
It was o.k. there were some parts I liked but this just wasn't a book I was into
Ldlimes
Jul 01, 2010 Ldlimes rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet love story
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Sandra Myers
Sandra Myers marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Tracy Horne
Tracy Horne marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Peggy Pitts
Peggy Pitts marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Deanne
Deanne marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Veggiemomof2
Veggiemomof2 rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Morgan Seagraves
Morgan Seagraves marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Cay1cay
Cay1cay marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Tracy
Tracy added it
Sep 02, 2015
Domsque Meller
Domsque Meller rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Ronald Tamayo
Ronald Tamayo rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Kathie
Kathie added it
Jul 03, 2015
Angieleigh
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

The Stone Family (3 books)
  • A Texas Ranger's Family (The Stone Family #1)
  • A Season for Family (The Stone Family #3)