Start by marking “Nap Time for Kitty” as Want to Read:
Nap Time for Kitty

Nap Time for Kitty (Hello Genius)

Mama cat must convince baby kitty that it's time to take a nap.
Board book, 20 pages
Published February 1st 2011 by Hello Genius (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Nap Time for Kitty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nap Time for Kitty

Pamela
"Nap Time for Kitty" was really cute. It's about a kitty who simply refuses to take a nap (sounds a lot like my daughter when it's time for her to take a nap.) It doesn't matter how many times Mama Cat calls, Kitty is just not going for it. Kitty always explains that she's just not sleepy right now, and finds tons of things to do - playing in water, getting wrapped up in yarn, hanging off the arm of the sofa - Kitty will do anything to avoid taking a nap. However, Mama Cat's insistent, and final ...more
jacky
Jul 31, 2012 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
This is actually just the book we need right now. I picked it up for a new book to read with Natalie (we really count on the library to offer us some variety, mostly for Mike and I who get a little crazy reading the same few books over and over). We had just been watching funny kitten videos that morning. But when I read the next of this one, it is a message we need for Natalie right now. Excepting when she had some separation anxiety as a baby, Natalie has never resisted napping, until now. She ...more
Claire
Sep 18, 2015 Claire rated it it was amazing
Great fun to read with my not-quite 2 year old. There's just enough fun & moral and just enough simplicity in the drawings and text for allow for really exploring the images together.
The Book Box
Aug 28, 2014 The Book Box added it
Shelves: library
Mama read me this one after nursing. It didn't make me sleepy.
Apr 10, 2014 Sarah added it
Stories & Songs: Nap Time
Ashley
Sep 29, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
I picked this up Friday from my library with my 29 month old daughter.
She's really into cats, bunnies, ducks, (some what) dogs and most recently ponies.
She also for the last week been fighting naps and not napping at all.
I thought it was a very cute story but my daughter wasn't to interested in storytime tonight.
I could see myself buying this book for our collection.
Julia Miller
Apr 29, 2013 Julia Miller rated it really liked it
This is a fairly repetitive little book with some limited dialogue and use of quotation marks. The repeated refrain, "I'm not sleepy now. Meow!" is in somewhat larger text than the rest. I think this is intended as a cooperative read with prephonemic readers, or more meant to garner a verbal response than fostering early reading skills. It is pretty cute, though.
Peacegal
Mar 29, 2011 Peacegal rated it liked it
Nap Time for Kitty is the best of this series. The illustrations are done in the retro-cool, anime-influenced style and are reminiscent of “The Powerpuff Girls” and “Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends .”

(Note: The series title of this book is “Hello Genius,” yet I honestly did not feel like a genius after reading it. Please help.)
Sara ♥
Feb 26, 2013 Sara ♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, 2013
I really really like this one. The illustrations are SO cute! Plus, it shows a little kitty resisting taking a nap even though she REALLY IS tired! BONUS: We read it yesterday as the last book (of like 5) before nap time, and afterward, my daughter laid right down to take a nap like kitty! YAY! (Can I give this book 10 stars?)
Adrielle
Apr 16, 2012 Adrielle rated it liked it
Shelves: board-books
A stubborn kitten is determined to skip nap time. The illustrations are what make this board book anything above average -- those readers who are around my age may share a sort of nostalgic longing for the Powerpuff Girls after reading this through with their toddler.
Jenn S
Dec 29, 2012 Jenn S rated it liked it
Shelves: toddler
I think this book was just Ok but one of my daughters loved it! I somewhat worried about my older daughter picking up on the kitty consistently not listening to mom.
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Leann
Leann added it
Sep 10, 2016
KuanChau Yap
KuanChau Yap marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
AshleyRose
AshleyRose is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2016
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Emily Myhren
Emily Myhren rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Victoria Alissa
Victoria Alissa rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Coach
Coach marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
G.
G. rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Slaa!!!
Slaa!!! rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Smith Family
Smith Family rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Michael Dahl is the author of over 100 children's books. Some of his most popular series are Finnegan Zwake, Library of Doom, and Dragonblood. He resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in a haunted house.

He also writes under aliases Chris Carey, Rick Thomas, and Mark Ziegler.
More about Michael Dahl...

Hello Genius (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Bunny Eats Lunch