Start by marking “The Island Stallion's Fury (The Black Stallion, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Island Stallion's Fury (The Black Stallion, #7)

The Island Stallion's Fury (The Black Stallion #7)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  2,129 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Only Steve Duncan and his friend Pitch know of the valley hidden behind the high cliffs of the remote Caribbean Azul Island. And only the two of them know of the beautiful, purebred horses that live there, under the watchful eye of the great red stallion, Flame. But when Pitch’s half-brother Tom learns of this lost paradise, he will stop at nothing to make it his own, even ...more
Published March 12th 1980 by Yearling Books (first published 1951)

To ask other readers questions about The Island Stallion's Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Island Stallion's Fury

Black Beauty by Anna SewellThe Black Stallion by Walter FarleyKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenryMisty of Chincoteague by Marguerite HenrySeabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand
Horse Books/Novels
139th out of 772 books — 443 voters
The Black Stallion by Walter FarleyBlack Beauty by Anna SewellKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenrySon of the Black Stallion by Walter FarleyThe Black Stallion's Blood Bay Colt by Walter Farley
Horse Themed Stories for Older Kids
15th out of 120 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Rena Sherwood
Although it brings out the character of Flame more than the other books in the series, this is a very violent book and may not be suitable for small children. I can't help but wonder if Farley was depressed when he wrote this.
Lynne Stringer
I wasn't so much of a fan of this book. I found Steve not a protagonist I could warm to and I didn't find the situations as engaging as the majority of the Black Stallion series was.
Faithann
Didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the others in the series, but it was still worth reading.
Jeffrey
My oldest son asked me to read this book, thinking that I'd enjoy it. For the most part, I did. I found the contrasts particularly interesting. Tom is painted evil from the first mention and only gets more stupid, fat and animal with every encounter. Flame, however, is his opposite: beautiful, intelligent and benevolent. We're never given a chance to like Tom and we're never given a chance to dislike Flame.

Overall, it's an "OK" book. My issues with it are more about what I like in a book than an
Bonnie
I started re-reading The Black Stallion series by Walter Farley in April and read five more from that series in May: Son of the Black Stallion, The Black Stallion and Satan, The Island Stallion, The Island Stallion's Fury, and The Blood Bay Colt. Only The Black Stallion and Satan was as enjoyable as when I was a kid, though I remember never really caring for the Island Stallion "spin-offs" or the two books on harness racing. Where's Alec and The Black? Bring 'em back!
Wendy
This book had its good parts and its bad parts. I hated Tom, but then, we were supposed to, Farley made that obvious. His villains are almost always very obvious.

It did have a few good parts, though. The beginning, before Tom showed up, was pretty good. It wasn't terrible, though, except for the part where Tom and Flame fight. I hated that.

All in all, just an okay installment in the series.
Jacqueline
Not as good as the first Island Stallion book as there is a bit to much unreal information about horses. I know both series give human emotions to the horses to an extent but having a stallion care about the well being of a foal was just stretching credibility too far. The boys enjoyed it though and the part where the stepbrother is lost in the caves is pretty creepy.
Danielle
This is the only Black Statllion Series book that I'll separately add to my list, simply because it's amazing. It takes place on a mysterious island with lots of tunnels and secret passages and the kinds of things that enchant young readers. Soo good.
Lori
The first book was the story of a boy and a horse, but the series grows with books on similar themes of overcoming adversity and animal/human bonding. Loved them as a kid.
Victoria
The boys who went to the deserted island and found the horse, Flame as they named it, did research on the island. They've found a lot of the history on the island.
Jenna
I hace the fondest memories of searching for these books while on vacations at books stores all over the country when I was in grade school.
Sharon
I stormed through this series. I made a beeline for the "F" section for a month's worth of library visits, until I had read the whole series.
Heidi
It doesn't really even earn a single star, it simply has too much discription! I can't even finish it, too boring, no suspense.
Steve Shilstone
As a youth, this was my favorite Walter Farley, what with the Spanish conquistador relics and all.
Jackie Krasuski
There was not a Black Stallion book that I could ever put down. The stories are the best.
Jessica
Oct 26, 2010 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids and horse lovers
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for the full review.
Heidi
I can't really remember this book. But it was very good.
Theresa
a great story about horses and their world
Lulu
I really thought this was a really good book
Suzann
Nov 11, 2010 Suzann added it
Best of the bunch, if you ask me
Chloe
Amazing.. I love Walter Farley Books.
Luther Davis
First Read June 28, 2013
Jared Dunn
A rock'n good book!!!!
Sam
Sam added it
Jan 24, 2015
  • Born to Trot
  • The Black Stallion's Steeplechaser (Black Stallion Retuns, #2)
  • Wonder's First Race (Thoroughbred, #3)
  • Green Grass of Wyoming (Flicka, #3)
Walter Farley's love for horses began when he was a small boy living in Syracuse, New York, and continued as he grew up in New York City, where his family moved. Young Walter never owned a horse. But unlike most city children, he had little trouble gaining firsthand experience with horses-his uncle was a professional horseman, and Walter spent much of his time at the stables with him.

"He wasn't th
More about Walter Farley...

The Black Stallion (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #1)
  • The Black Stallion Returns (The Black Stallion, #2)
  • Son of the Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #3)
  • The Island Stallion (The Black Stallion, #4)
  • The Black Stallion and Satan (The Black Stallion, #5)
  • The Black Stallion's Blood Bay Colt (The Black Stallion, #6)
  • The Black Stallion's Filly (The Black Stallion, #8)
  • The Black Stallion Revolts (The Black Stallion, #9)
  • The Black Stallion's Sulky Colt (The Black Stallion, #10)
  • The Island Stallion Races (The Black Stallion, #11)
The Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #1) The Black Stallion Returns (The Black Stallion, #2) The Island Stallion (The Black Stallion, #4) Man O'War The Black Stallion and Satan (The Black Stallion, #5)