Start by marking “Torres: El Niño: My Story” as Want to Read:
Torres: El Niño: My Story

Torres: El Niño: My Story

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Fernando Torres is one of the hottest properties in world football. From local Madrid idol to Kop hero and European Championship winner, he talks here for the first time about the unique challenges faced in his two seasons in England, with candid snapshots of his early years in Spain and life in the North West on and off the field.At the age of 25, Spain’s Fernando Torres ...more
Published September 17th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Torres, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torres

Jobair H
What I think about this book is that it is hard to not want to keep reading more and more. This is a story on how Fernando Torres had transferred from Athletico Madrid but during then he had "You'll Never Walk Alone" printed on his captain armband and at that time he was excited for his move....And that is when Liverpool FC's saying was born.
Kalkeydan Ayele
Torres el Nino My Story
Torres el nino My Story is probably the best autobiography iv ever read. Torres writes about his life growing up in Madrid and how he wanted to become a goalkeeper but ended up injuring his finger and switched over to a striker. And that was the start of a legend.

I really connected with this autobiography because of how Torres had to play with the older kids when he was growing up and how he had to tryout with kids that where older than him. And I could connect with that
Jin May
Not sure if it was just the latest edition of it but the book was all over the place (i.e. not in chronological order) which annoyed me. Only bought this book when I was obsessed with him. At the time of reading, I would have probably given it 4/5 stars? But now since his mere existence irritates me, I'll give it a 3. Will probably be interesting for those of you who would want to know about Torres pre-Chelsea days.
Tasha
I opened this again after it has been sitting on my shelf for a long long time and before this I actually covered my disappointment in this one with my obsession towards him.

Now though, looking at it again, it still irks me how the book content isn't ordered chronologically :/ And how there were more pictures than words..
Tarek
This non-fiction autobiography was a great read for me. I enjoyed the book because it was a thrilling story about how Torres, the very much appreciated and famous soccer player, used to live and how he came into the world of soccer. His inspiring story began with him playing for a small kids league which he barely had the money to pay for, and then transformed by the end of the book with him playing for an enormous club, Liverpool F.C., and being extremely wealthy and famous. I think this book i ...more
Will F
I thought that this book was one of the best autobiographies I have ever read as I never knew just how normal Fernando Torres's life was until I read this book.
It really gives you the feel that if you believe that you are good enough to play football for a living you can.
He tells you how his life from living in Spain to living in Liverpool has changed his life and how he met his girlfriend and the charity work he does
Michael
It was a shame to see him leave Anfield, but this gives excellent coverage of the transition from being a huge talent in Spain to a legend on Merseyside. Extremely easy to read and top notch photo collection to light the way.
M De
it's good to read about the beginnings of 'el niño' and to understand the footballer's ascent to fame so far... i'd love to read a follow-up with the world cup and euro glories as well as the chelsea years!

Madhuri
my fave footballer in the entire world..
i loved it obviously

to me you're like a grown addiction that i can't deny
won't you tell me is it healthy babe? (8)
Negar T.
It was an amazing book.
I specially liked it because I Love Fernando Torres and he is my Idol.
I recommend people to read this book :)
Anisza
Destiny seemed to have decided that if i ever left Atletico Madrid it would be for Liverpool.
Mike
Very good book, gave a fascinating summary of his football life up to the present.
Jared Harrison
Read for work, not bad if your into the life story of Fernando Torres
Simon Dupond
All on Fernando Torres's (Football Player) life.
Holly
<3 Fernando Torres <3
Sofia Costa Lima
Sofia Costa Lima marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Adeel Khan
Adeel Khan marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Elio
Elio marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Soumitra Pandey
Soumitra Pandey marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Luis Dominguez
Luis Dominguez marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Nishant Yadav
Nishant Yadav marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Gerrard: My Autobiography
  • Soccer Halfback
  • Keeper (Paul Faustino, #1)
  • Should Have Got Off at Sydney Parade
  • Wayne Rooney: My Story
  • Rabble-Rouser for Peace: The Authorized Biography of Desmond Tutu
  • Sometimes there is a Void – Memoirs of an Outsider
  • The Boy in the Book
  • Re-Code Your Change DNA: Membebaskan Belenggu-Belenggu untuk Meraih Keberanian dan Keberhasilan dalam Pembaharuan
  • To the End of Hell: One Woman's Struggle to Survive Cambodia's Khmer Rouge
  • Ms. Moffett's First Year: Becoming a Teacher in America
  • Cliff-Hanger (Mysteries in Our National Park #3)
  • Mystiek lichaam: Een geschiedenis
  • Medieval Swordsmanship: Illustrated Methods and Techniques
Fernando Torres (born Fernando José Torres Sanz) is a Dounble European and World Champion in Football for Spain.

He is also a European Champion having won the title in the 2011-2012 season playing for Chelsea.
More about Fernando Torres...
Torres: El Niño: My Story Torres El Nino: My Story