Start by marking “Torres: El Niño: My Story” as Want to Read:
Torres: El Niño: My Story

Torres: El Niño: My Story

Fernando Torres is one of the hottest properties in world football. From local Madrid idol to Kop hero and European Championship winner, he talks here for the first time about the unique challenges faced in his two seasons in England, with candid snapshots of his early years in Spain and life in the North West on and off the field.At the age of 25, Spain’s Fernando Torres ...more
Published September 17th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Torres, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torres

Sumit Singla
Nov 29, 2015 Sumit Singla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2008-09, possibly one of the best Premier League seasons I've ever seen Liverpool play. Falling just short of the coveted trophy, but oh, what a chase!

That was probably the zenith of El Nino's career as well, which spiralled downwards rapidly after that. Beleagured Liverpool couldn't afford to get new players, and young Torres craved silverware, leading to a much-hyped 50 million move to a club most Kopites despise - Chelsea.

Someday, Torres might have a story to tell - of why he left a club he l
PCKPS
Oct 20, 2015 PCKPS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has been with me since the day it has been released. I have been a fan of him since the euro 2008 cup which he scored the winner. I am also a footballer myself and like the style of the way he plays and was fascinated since because he had a great background and since the day one I was impressed and got to finish the book in 2 days but till this day when I get bored I still read the book and it is the first book of my shelf I would recommend to anyone. Not everyone would like the struct ...more
Presiana
Jul 02, 2015 Presiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
There is not much to say about this book. It's the story of the football player Fernando Torres, mostly about his signing to Liverpool and the years he spent there. Torres has been my idol and hero for more than 5 years now so this book is everything to me. However, some of the things weren't chronologically displayed and it was a bit confusing but still it was a pretty good insight into his real character. There were many pictures, which brought back lots of good memories about some memorable g ...more
Jobair H
Jan 14, 2012 Jobair H rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I think about this book is that it is hard to not want to keep reading more and more. This is a story on how Fernando Torres had transferred from Athletico Madrid but during then he had "You'll Never Walk Alone" printed on his captain armband and at that time he was excited for his move....And that is when Liverpool FC's saying was born.
Wesley Terpstra
Jan 21, 2017 Wesley Terpstra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever wonder what it’s like to see the world through the eyes of a professional soccer player? Legendary Athletico Madrid, Liverpool, and Chelsea player Fernando Torres describes what his life was like trying to make it into the big leagues as a child while his family struggled to support him financially. After his amazing start with his boyhood club Athletico Madrid, he describes what it was like making his record-breaking transfer to England giants, Liverpool. There, he would describe the stru ...more
Kalkeydan Ayele
Mar 20, 2014 Kalkeydan Ayele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Torres el Nino My Story
Torres el nino My Story is probably the best autobiography iv ever read. Torres writes about his life growing up in Madrid and how he wanted to become a goalkeeper but ended up injuring his finger and switched over to a striker. And that was the start of a legend.

I really connected with this autobiography because of how Torres had to play with the older kids when he was growing up and how he had to tryout with kids that where older than him. And I could connect with that
Tarek
Aug 12, 2016 Tarek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This non-fiction autobiography was a great read for me. I enjoyed the book because it was a thrilling story about how Torres, the very much appreciated and famous soccer player, used to live and how he came into the world of soccer. His inspiring story began with him playing for a small kids league which he barely had the money to pay for, and then transformed by the end of the book with him playing for an enormous club, Liverpool F.C., and being extremely wealthy and famous. I think this book i ...more
Jin May
Jan 10, 2015 Jin May rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: football, owned
Not sure if it was just the latest edition of it but the book was all over the place (i.e. not in chronological order) which annoyed me. Only bought this book when I was obsessed with him. At the time of reading, I would have probably given it 4/5 stars? But now since his mere existence irritates me, I'll give it a 3. Will probably be interesting for those of you who would want to know about Torres pre-Chelsea days.
Will F
May 07, 2010 Will F rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this book was one of the best autobiographies I have ever read as I never knew just how normal Fernando Torres's life was until I read this book.
It really gives you the feel that if you believe that you are good enough to play football for a living you can.
He tells you how his life from living in Spain to living in Liverpool has changed his life and how he met his girlfriend and the charity work he does
Tasha
Jan 10, 2015 Tasha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I opened this again after it has been sitting on my shelf for a long long time and before this I actually covered my disappointment in this one with my obsession towards him.

Now though, looking at it again, it still irks me how the book content isn't ordered chronologically :/ And how there were more pictures than words..
Michael
It was a shame to see him leave Anfield, but this gives excellent coverage of the transition from being a huge talent in Spain to a legend on Merseyside. Extremely easy to read and top notch photo collection to light the way.
M De
Nov 04, 2012 M De rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's good to read about the beginnings of 'el niño' and to understand the footballer's ascent to fame so far... i'd love to read a follow-up with the world cup and euro glories as well as the chelsea years!

Negar T.
Feb 21, 2013 Negar T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was an amazing book.
I specially liked it because I Love Fernando Torres and he is my Idol.
I recommend people to read this book :)
Madhuri
my fave footballer in the entire world..
i loved it obviously

to me you're like a grown addiction that i can't deny
won't you tell me is it healthy babe? (8)
Annie
Annie rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2013
darren moffatt
darren moffatt rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2013
Rajesh
Rajesh rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Richard Stanfield
Richard Stanfield rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Sayed Faizi
Sayed Faizi rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Holly
Jun 21, 2012 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
<3 Fernando Torres <3
Natalia
Natalia rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2015
Ben Bocsak
Ben Bocsak rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2016
Tony Crammond
Tony Crammond rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2011
Kîšťłąk Rajapaksha
Kîšťłąk Rajapaksha rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2013
vm
vm rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2010
Christie Tyerman
Christie Tyerman rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2016
Luke
Luke rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Gerrard: My Autobiography
  • Soccer Halfback
  • Carra: My Autobiography
  • Keeper (Paul Faustino, #1)
  • The Teenage Dirtbag Years
  • The Encyclopedia of the Horse
  • Mystery at Blackbeard's Cove
  • Craig Bellamy: GoodFella
  • Power Play
Fernando Torres (born Fernando José Torres Sanz) is a Double European and World Champion in Football for Spain.

He is also a European Champion having won the title in the 2011-2012 season playing for Chelsea.
More about Fernando Torres...

“We’ll never Walk Alone.” 1 likes
“I loved the way that the Argentinians Gabriel Batistuta and Abel Balbo played. I” 0 likes