Start by marking “Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10: One More Time (New Edition)” as Want to Read:
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10: One More Time (New Edition)

Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10: One More Time (Transmetropolitan #10)

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  7,691 ratings  ·  124 reviews
The final volume in the saga of outlaw journalist Spider Jerusalem written by comics superstar Warren Ellis.At last, it's the final showdown between Spider and the absolutely corrupt President of the United States in this new printing of the finale to the classic dystopian saga from Vertigo.
Published August 23rd 2011 by Vertigo (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10

This is it, the end of the road for Transmet, and Callahan, and Spider. Maybe Ellis fooled me, but I had the distinct feeling while reading this that he'd had much of the ending planned from very early on in the series. There are so many little things that come back around to have an impact, large or small. Or maybe he's just really good at juggling details on the fly, I don't know. Callahan's fall was satisfying, even if one element had been done before. I especially loved watching regular back ...more
When I grow up, I want to be Spider Jerusalem.
This is the end of the road, and what a crazy ride it was.Dark, satirical and hilarious, it's one of the best graphic novels I read and now it's over.

Spider you insane bastard I will miss you.
Uh! Ovo je bilo veliko razočarenje..

Transmetropolitan sam počeo čitati nakon odličnog Y: The Last Man series koji me iznenadio složenom radnjom i kvalitetom kojom je napisan. Tražio sam nešto "slično" a Transmetropolitan je iskakao na sve strane pa sam njega uzeo čitati.

Transmetropolitan naravno nije sličan Y: The Last Manu, nego možda Lobou, ako se dobro sjećam tog stripa, tu mislim ponajviše na "ultranasilje" kako to Amerikanci vole reći.

Glavni lik Transmetropolitana je Spider koji je pljunu
Sam Quixote
Spider and the Smiler meet up for a final "interview" and the fate of Spider and his brain disease is revealed.

Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson end the series in the tone of the books that went before it, with the kind of bravado and knack for compelling storytelling readers have come to expect from this duo and "One More Time" is a fitting end to this brilliant character.

I will say that I felt the showdown with Spider and Smiler, while satisfying, was a bit uninventive in how Spider brings Smi
Michelle Morrell
Holy shit, what a series. It amazes me how much high quality content Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson pack into this fantastic series. Whether its expertly written dialogue, immersive art or charmingly terrible characters, Transmetropolitan always delievers.

The final volume of Transmetropolitan had me hooked for sure; however I thought that volumes 8 and 9 were better overall. The build up to the climax throughout volumes 8 and 9 were more enjoyable than the ending itself.

A fitting end to one o
William Blake
Spider Jerusalem is an intensely appealing anti-hero in the comics world; without superpowers other than an energetic disregard for propriety and a monumental tolerance for intoxicants, he battles a corrupt government in a hyper-urban environment with the help of his filthy assistants. Seriously: what's not to love? He's as gritty as Batman but much funnier. He's as out there as Cole's most outrageous runs on Plastic Man, but grittier. Get it?

But this really is the sort of book perfectly suited
Okay, I have to take back all the mean things I said earlier this year about Warren Ellis. I still don’t get what the big deal with The Authority is, or why his runs on Iron Man or Hellblazer are so great, but this—this I get. This I love. Spider Jerusalem is fucked up and sexy and brilliant—my first real comics crush in years (and guys with too many tattoos are going to have a much better chance with me until it wears off, so thank Ellis for that, boys). Channon and Yelena, his filthy assist ...more
The final chapter in the Spider Jerusalem story. I was feeling pretty sad to close this series - right until the very end. Then the lads revealed how Spider spends his final days. And I laughed and had a drink, and swore rather a lot, in Spiders' honour. Enjoy Transmet' fans!
Chris Maurer
one of the best ever
Jerrod Schembs
Instead of reviewing Transmet volume by volume, I decided to instead review the series as a whole (posting this review on both vol.1 and 10). Warren Ellis's Transmetroplition is without a doubt my all time favorite graphic novel, yes even better then Moore's Watchmen. What can overly simplified as " What if Dr. Hunter S. Thompson" was the focus of a much darker Futurama.

Transmet follows Spider Jerusalem: foul mouthed, drug fueled, Gonzo Journalist ( Clearly modeled on the late great Dr. Hunter
Granted I started reading this series a good 5 years after it had completed its run, but still, finishing this final volume knowing there's no more to come makes me sad. I can only reenter the City now by rereading previous volumes (which I'm sure I'll do). Everything about this series is perfect. The thoroughly-imagined world, the incomparable Spider Jerusalem, the harsh satire, and the punch-you-in-the-nuts art. Ellis turned journalism into an action movie.
Donald Armfield
This comic series is an insane world that Warren Ellis explains so engrossing. Darick Robertson the main artist really knows how to draw out the bizarre mind of Spider Jerusalem and the strange world that Warren Ellis brings us.

The series is about a lunatic journalist who hates the world around him. The president is his main target who he tries to pretty much take a dump on. With his filthy assistants by his side its a read you will never forget
All good things come to an end. This was a great series and it was wound up well. It was a linear and logical run to the finish line with all lose ends and support characters accounted for with a few surprises thrown in.

The new edition that I read includes the "I Hate it Here" and "Filth of the City" columns. My reaction to these was mixed, the use of guest was great in both but the story did not add anything significant.

"I hate it here" was good as the columns were sequential and followed the p
Well ended. I really enjoyed this series. Spider is a horrible, wonderful man.
Warren Ellis' graphic novel series is unmistakeably well written. The 90's art style perfectly suits the story, and even suits the cyberpunk genre. It is a gritty, ultra-violent series, with a nice, different take on hacker altruism, inspired by the sci-fi novels of the 80's.

Having said that, it is a very difficult series to read. Pure nuggets of creativity are often dimmed by schizophrenic breaks--often by the protagonist--which, I understand, makes this series unique, and to some endearing, b
Other than some confusion since I'm coming into this story apparently well underway, this is totally twisted and over the top--all of the reasons I love graphic novels. I wanted to read this for something different and that it is. Outlaw journalist Spider Jerusalem battles authority (represented by an evil power hungry president who is downright blatant about it) and his own demons. Crazy stuff but some solid points about the masses who are easily distracted by garbage entertainment instead of f ...more
Lina Lafont
Transmetropolitan was so much more than I expected. It has a bit of everything in it (social criticism, the responsibility and power of journalism, quiestions about science and humanity, and even friendship). It is definitely a series upon which we can reflect on where we're going as a society and as individuals, despite how likely or not it is for the world to become the way Transmetropolitan shows it. I think that somewhat exaggerated depiction of it is necessary for us to create a more honest ...more
Jonas Cannon
Easily the best comic book series I have ever read.
Sam Quixote

What did I learn from this book, or actually from this series?? Don't be an elitist asshole and dismiss an entire genre as unworthy of your attention. This lowly series of comic books will now assume a place much nearer the top of my list of excellent pieces of literature than many, many novels I've read. Sure, it's vulgar, violent, gruesome and irreverent, but it also has more heart and soul than a lot of work that is considered "classic literature" in my opinion. The moral and political issues ...more
J.G. Keely
Comics have been going through a very public struggle with maturity for some time now. They were well on their way until they were hit with the 'Comics Code' in the fifties. The code was an outgrowth of reactionary postwar witch-hunting a la McCarthyism, and succeeded in limiting the content of an entire medium for thirty years.

For example, all crime had to be portrayed as sordid, and no criminals could be sympathetic. There goes any comic book retellings of Robin Hood. Good always had to triump
A more satisfying conclusion to this brilliant series could not be asked for. The final twist was not in any way contrived. It was beautiful. It was perfectly fitting considering the character. Spider said he would return to the mountain permanently, and that is precisely what he has managed to do.

And of course, seeing the Smiler utterly destroyed by Spider was a rare example of excellent resolution after large amounts of buildup. It may be because the Callahan character was entirely without any
I love the way they ended this series. I will say no more, lest I give something away.

Reread the whole series over a weekend in 2015. So damn good.

It's funny. I first started reading Transmet in 2000 because my then-boyfriend was super into it. (I still consider Transmet to be one of the only good things I got out of that relationship.) But it was an incredible experiment to reread the whole series in a few days in 2015, over a decade after this last trade paperback was released. Reading the fi
Sean Goh
And in a country whose revolutionary agenda is defined by free speech, the people's ability to ask informed questions should be enshrined by a president, not vilified.

Binge-read the entire series in two days upon recommendation of a friend who described it as addictive. Boy was he spot on. Spider Jerusalem pulls no punches and spares no one in his quest for The Truth, and making sure that the Truth makes it out, no matter how stacked the deck is against him.
Definitely check it out!
Transmetropolitan Volume 10: One More Time is a near perfect finale for a truly great comic series. Spider Jerusalem, the crazed and faltering hero, a tattooed, drug-addled, Gonzo-styled journalist is about to crack the corrupt president known as The Smiler. The Smiler has tried everything in his corrupt president handbook - assassination attempts, destruction of evidence and terminal brain infections - but nothing can beat the truth. That quest for truth and justice, alongside smart characters ...more
And with that, it's over. The climax is satisfying, and the resolution a little disappointing but still realistic. However, I'm still not sure how a sex scandal in the world of Transmet could help to bring a politician down - it seems such a sexually-free world. The /murders/ he was responsible for, sure, that's enough to get the man arrested and impeached...

The supplementary material isn't all that good, to me, but at least it bulked out this final volume.
The final volume of Transmetropolitan was satisfying. Justice wins out.

After the story ends, the second half of this trade features blurbs from Spider's column set over various artists doing full-page depictions of the main characters. These were a lot of fun, but felt more like a collector's edition kind of thing.

All told, Transmetropolitan is an amazing graphic novel series. Rude, crude, groundbreaking, insightful, and smart!
J.M. Hushour
Quick and more whimpery than bangy, this final volume of Transmet reads like the last fifteen minutes of an excellent, excellent film, part of the problem that the medium of comics always struggles to transcend: the immediacy and speed with which climaxes occur.
There really isn't anything to complain about, except perhaps that the end feels a tad rushed, but in the greater context, again, it's a perceptual hang-up, nothing more. Spider gets his and then some, with a rather satisfying, if unfairl
Maybe it's the space dust, but... 2 30 Aug 29, 2008 09:10AM
  • Preacher, Volume 8: All Hell's a-Coming
  • The Invisibles: Apocalipstick
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 9: Strychnine Lives
  • DMZ, Vol. 5: The Hidden War
Warren Ellis is the award-winning writer of graphic novels like TRANSMETROPOLITAN, FELL, MINISTRY OF SPACE and PLANETARY, and the author of the NYT-bestselling GUN MACHINE and the “underground classic” novel CROOKED LITTLE VEIN. The movie RED is based on his graphic novel of the same name, its sequel having been released in summer 2013. His graphic novel GLOBAL FREQUENCY is in development at Jerry ...more
More about Warren Ellis...

Transmetropolitan (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 0: Tales of Human Waste  (Transmetropolitan, #0)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street (Transmetropolitan, #1)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2: Lust for Life
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 3: Year of the Bastard (Transmetropolitan, #3)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 4: The New Scum (Transmetropolitan, #4)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 5: Lonely City (Transmetropolitan, #5)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 6: Gouge Away (Transmetropolitan, #6)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 7: Spider's Thrash (Transmetropolitan, #7)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 8: Dirge (Transmetropolitan, #8)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 9: The Cure (Transmetropolitan, #9)