Start by marking “Death Quest (Mission Earth, #6)” as Want to Read:
Death Quest (Mission Earth, #6)

Death Quest (Mission Earth #6)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  1,083 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Kinky killers.

Exploding speedboats.

$2 billion paternity suits.
It’s love Voltarian-style . . . and planet Earth is feeling the heat.

Voltarian Royal Officer Jettero Heller will go to any length to protect his beloved Countess Krak. He’ll race up the eastern seaboard pursued by the entire Coast Guard. He’ll smash boats, he’ll set off bombs, he’ll fight off every paternity sui...more
Published June 15th 2003 by Galaxy Press (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Death Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Quest

Nicole (kasinda)
I am really trying to stay positive. I started the series and like to see things through to the end. But I have not been able to force myself to continue reading this book in a couple of months.
Update: just could not finish it. And I don't regret that.
David Sarkies
Jul 19, 2014 David Sarkies rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Recommended to David by: Nobody
Shelves: sci-fi
Can this series get any worse?
1 Apr 2012

It seems that the titles of these books are beginning to become as bad as the books themselves. In a way after the forth book they did not really get much worse, but they didn't get much better either. As has been mentioned numerous times, the bad guy Soltan Gris has no redeemable features about him and the good guy, Jethro, is simply too good to be believable. Not only that but he is an incredibly talented character (almost a little too talented for some...more
Jason Sta. Maria
Same old piece of crap! Another 6th book of the so called Science Fiction Dekalogy! But as I have mentioned on my previous Mission Earth reviews; I still want to finish this shitty series no matter how bad it is! Just like the other not so wanted books that I've read before. Now I know why there's a bunch of this 10 series books on the loads of second hand book store.
Denis
Take all ten of these books and boil 'em down all night... no, leave it on the burner for a whole week. Reduce it too a thick dense sticky sauce. And still, this will have very little flavour.

There was the seed of a decent parody in there within the first two books then the joke was over. The joke became, "...let's make it ten books, just to make it a "dekalogy".
Ray Evangelista
when I read this, I thought I was the main character.. not Jethro Heller but the evil Soltan Gris.

I don't why I always identified with him, since he is really a slimy bastard of a guy, perhaps its because he was always an underdog so I identified with him.
Bradley
Totally strange but I was seriously annoyed when I realized I had reached the end of the book. I have to rush out and get book 7. =/ Hehe. =)
Brian
At this point, finishing the series became something I was forcing myself to do. What makes a good science fiction novel? If you answered 'lots and lots of necrophilia', then you're wrong. So, so wrong.
Myk
Mar 30, 2009 Myk rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: sci-fi
I don't like this story, but I hate leaving a series unfinished. I know that I will read the last four books, but I will regret it.
Ricardo
Great Series of Science Fiction novels.
Chad
Feb 14, 2008 Chad added it
Great series very funny
Steve
Mission Earth
Gregg
Gregg marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Dennis Huckle
Dennis Huckle marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Duane
Duane added it
Sep 20, 2014
Willem
Willem added it
Sep 11, 2014
  • Northworld (Northworld, #1)
  • Afterburn (Bio Rescue, #2)
  • The Early Asimov: Book Two
  • The Corridors of Time
  • Metamorphosis (#11)
  • The Miocene Arrow (Greatwinter Trilogy #2)
  • The Berserker Wars (Berserker)
  • The Shadow Dancers (G.O.D. Inc., #2)
  • Mulengro
  • The Eyes of Heisenberg
  • Fall of the White Ship Avatar (Alacrity FitzHugh & Hobart Floyt, #3)
  • The White Mountain (Chung Kuo, #3)
  • There Are Doors
  • The Stainless Steel Rat Gets Drafted (Stainless Steel Rat, #2)
  • Off the Main Sequence: The Other Science Fiction Stories of Robert A. Heinlein
  • Xombies: Apocalypticon (Xombies, #2)
  • Mystic Empire (The Bronze Canticles, #3)
  • The Web Between the Worlds
L. Ron Hubbard was a popular pulp writer of science fiction, fantasy, adventure, mysteries and westerns during the 1930s and later founder of Dianetics and Scientology.

Known Pseudonyms:
Frederick Engelhardt
Kurt von Rachen
Rene LaFayete/Rene La Fayette/René Lafayette
Frankie Rohne
More about L. Ron Hubbard...
Battlefield Earth The Invaders Plan (Mission Earth, #1) Black Genesis (Mission Earth, #2) The Enemy Within (Mission Earth, #3) An Alien Affair (Mission Earth, #4)