Start by marking “The Vitamin D Revolution: How the Power of This Amazing Vitamin Can Change Your Life” as Want to Read:

Recent, groundbreaking medical research has made a connection between Vitamin D deficiency and 17 types of cancers, including breast, colon, and prostate. Illnesses such as influenza, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and coronary heart disease have also been connected to a lack of this vitamin. Until not too long ago, not getting enough Vitamin D (...
Published September 7th 2010 by ReadHowYouWant (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Vitamin D Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vitamin D Revolution

Wafaa Ali Darwish
Mar 25, 2013 Wafaa Ali Darwish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-medical
This book should be shelved as must read for all, specially mother or who are planing to be ,,
We really must be aware of such new studies and information.

Darlene
Mar 18, 2014 Darlene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People interested in health issues
Recommended to Darlene by: Kindle freebie
Though I loved the information I picked up from this book, I found it boring and repetitive. The information I really wanted was tucked into the last few pages, yet by then I think I had figured it out. Like many non-fiction books, this one followed the method of telling us there's a problem, why we have the problem, and what research has been done. The problem was repeated over and over.

On the other hand, my personal experience with my doctors has made me more than curious about this vitamin.
Kelly Morrison
May 06, 2012 Kelly Morrison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Take your health into your own hands and read this book! 50% of people in North American (worst in Canada) are deficient in this vitamin/hormone and it's causing us all sorts of serious health problems.
Diane
Jul 18, 2009 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-nutrition
This little book is a quick read, but packed with valuable information. I had no idea until my dr put in on high dosage vitamin D just how important it is. This book brings to light a lot of the risks of low vitamin and how and why to increase your vitamin D intake.
Lindsey
Sep 18, 2010 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
I would definitely recommend this book; it is a pretty quick read and the research he presents on the benefits of vitamin D is very convincing. We will definitely be taking vitamin D supplements this winter!
Janice King
Nov 26, 2013 Janice King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vitamin D isn't just for bones. They're now finding that the body has vitamin D receptors everywhere and researchers are discovering so many more benefits from taking vitamin D supplements. A definite must read.
Ray
Jul 11, 2013 Ray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very thought provoking book about how vitamin D helps prevent many diseases. Some of these claims haven't been scientifically verified but the evidence points toward it. This book is similar to Holick's book "The Vitamin D Solution" and this author references that book.
Lisa
I loved this! It is easy to read and really has some good information with studies to back it up! I am definately taking my D supplements this winter!!
Lily Chang
Jun 25, 2015 Lily Chang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
EVERYONE should read this book! Lots of interesting info.
Lila
Jun 18, 2011 Lila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An informative book about Vitamin D, which is not actually a vitamin at all, but a hormone. We are mostly deficient in this most necessary hormone. For more info, read it.
Priscilla
Oct 07, 2014 Priscilla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I absolutely loved this book. So informative.
Danielle Dorchak
subject matter was good, writing was poor.
Sharon
Apr 15, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick read. The author makes a great case for vitamin d deficiency. We have all be scared about getting skin cancer that we fail to see the bigger picture. The sun is a very good thing.
John Rees
John Rees rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Carol Yoders
Carol Yoders rated it it was ok
May 02, 2016
Carol Kristensen
Carol Kristensen rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2016
Kristina Mallett
Kristina Mallett rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2016
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
May 22, 2013
Connie Lee Mehaffey
Connie Lee Mehaffey rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Bobi Jensen
Bobi Jensen rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2015
Jacquie Vegan-schwartz
Jacquie Vegan-schwartz rated it really liked it
May 25, 2013
Mary Jane Davis
Mary Jane Davis rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Wordpunk
Wordpunk rated it it was ok
May 03, 2012
Andrew J. Walker
Andrew J. Walker rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Dorian
Dorian rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2011
Shiloah
Shiloah rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Newell
Newell rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Maureen Bray
Maureen Bray rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
cheryl pogany
cheryl pogany rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Digestive Health with Real Food: A Practical Guide to an Anti-Inflammatory, Low-Irritant, Nutrient Dense Diet for IBS & Other Digestive Issues
  • Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People
  • Locked Up in La Mesa
  • The Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet
  • Every Woman's Guide to Cycling: Everything You Need to Know, From Buying Your First Bike toWinning Your First Ra ce
  • Learn With Mind Maps: How To Enhance Your Memory, Take Better Notes, Boost Your Creativity, And Gain An Edge In Work Or School - Easily.
  • Beautiful Ever After
  • Knitalong: Celebrating the Tradition of Knitting Together
  • Honeybee: Lessons from an Accidental Beekeeper
  • What's Eating Your Child?: The Hidden Connection Between Food and Childhood Ailments: Anxiety, Recurrent Ear Infections, Stomachaches, Picky Eating, Rashes, ADHD, and More. And What Every Parent Can Do about It.
  • A Little F'd Up: Why Feminism Is Not a Dirty Word
  • Talking to Crazy: How to Deal with the Irrational and Impossible People in Your Life
  • The Magnesium Miracle (Revised and Updated)
  • Becoming Fearless: My Ongoing Journey of Learning to Trust God