Terror na Bilbioteca (Arrepios, #8)

Terror na Bilbioteca (Goosebumps #8)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  3,486 ratings  ·  104 reviews
Lucy gosta de contar histórias de monstros. Contou tantas que os amigos e a família já não lhe acham graça. Um dia, Lucy descobre um monstro verdadeiro: o bibliotecário.
O pior é que Lucy já contou demasiadas histórias de monstros.
O pior é que ninguém acredita nela.
O pior é que o monstro sabe quem ela é...
...e vai persegui-la.
Published 1997 by Abril/Controljornal (first published 1993)

Nishanth
Stine, How could you do this? write a book as dumb as this one?

The End.

Wait... you need some more...

Don't read on if you have a dirty imagination.

Lucy Dark- The Girl.
Randy Dark- Her poor poor Brother.

*out in the garden*

LUCY: Heyyy! Bro come look at me!

RANDY: I've seen you a soooousand times!

LUCY: Come here you idiot!

RANDY: *Comes over*

LUCY: Look at ma beautiful feet! The toe-munching-monsta-thinmagig ate it!

RANDY: Cool! does that mean you can't walk anymore???

LUCY: *Looking confused* You git,
David Santos
I will try to review this book as best as I can. ADD started to kick in big time while reading this book, so I don't remember much.

Some inconsistencies in the story. The book says the girl has black hair, but on the cover her hair is blonde. The book also says the librarian wears a ring on his finger, but the librarian on the cover doesn't have a ring....Just thought I'd point that out. makes no difference to the story but still.

I found myself skipping parts of the book. For some reason it just...more
Tracey G
if Lucy's parents were really vampires, then they're assholes for not believing her when she said there was a monster working at the library. i mean really?
Christy
Kind of a dull and repetitive book, with a wildly unlikeable protagonist, but I have to give it points for the sheer absurdity of the ending.
Heather
Every single time I re-read a goosebumps book I adored as a kid I am killed with an odd mixture of nostalgia and disappointment.
John
Started as a 2-star book with how dumb the main character is. Why would I even think to take a picture to prove my point? I'm going to try to get an eyewitness account two more times first. My own eyewitness account, since my friend who promised to help bailed. Because my parents will clearly believe me when I say I saw it a second time, when they didn't believe me at all the first time. Oh, but two days later I remember that I can take a photo!

So, stupid person syndrome aside, the ending is goo...more
Melwyn
The Book I am reviewing name is GOOSEBUMPS THE GIRL WHO CRIED MONSTER by RL Stines. It is a science fiction book. My thinking is the books theme is that you shouldn’t scare your little brother with lame monster stories because after a while they would start to not believe you.

The book starts with Lucy telling the story of the librarian being a monster. Her story starts with Lucy like scaring her brother randy by telling him monster stories. It was summer time and Lucy was in this program named r...more
Thomas O'Banion
May 21, 2013 Thomas O'Banion rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: 3rd-6th graders
Shelves: for-kids, horror, sci-fi
My 8-yr old son and I have recently taken to reading the Goosebumps series together. This is the second book we've read, after Chicken, Chicken. I did not read the series when I was a kid, despite its popularity, but I am happy that my child has an appreciation for this kid-friendly, horror/suspense series.

The novel follows the basic premise of the old tale, "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." Lucy has a fascination with monster stories and she employs them to her benefit to scare her younger brother. Ho...more
Tracy Poff
Lucy Dark loves to tell stories about monsters. She especially loves to frighten her little brother, Randy, with them. When she sees the librarian, Mr. Mortman, change into a real monster, no one believes her. Worst of all, Mr. Mortman might know that Lucy saw him. Will she convince her parents that she's telling the truth, before it's too late?

The Girl Who Cried Monster is the eighth book in R. L. Stine's Goosebumps series. Stine's take on The Boy Who Cried Wolf, its protagonist, Lucy, will hav...more
Brandon O'Neill
Nov 08, 2007 Brandon O'Neill rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: reluctant readers
Shelves: youthlit
My very first Goosebumps book! They started coming out when I was a junior in high school, so while I knew what they were, I never really cared about them, until I became a media specialist. I know this series gets bashed a lot, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I'm of the opinion that it was a big to do over nothing. It wasn't the most brilliant piece of literature on earth, but the cliff hangers made you want to continue reading. I can see how that appeals to a 8 - 13 year old. S...more
David Garrido e Cunha
This book tells the story of a girl (Lucy) who has never heard the tale of Peter and the Wolf (also known as The Boy Who Cried Wolf). She pretends to see monsters everywhere, talks about monsters most of the time and she is always trying to scare her little brother, Randy. That is why noone believes when she says the librarian is an awful and terrifying monster that eats flies and turtles.

I never found this book to be interesting, even though the absurd twist in the finale saves the whole plot t...more
Emma
This is more of an overall review of the series, really. When I was a kid, I used to devour these books, but sadly I'd recently somehow managed to forget all about them. I was reminded, however, when I rediscovered this awesome blog: http://www.bloggerbeware.com. These books are a mixture of varying degrees of terrible and amazing - at the same time. I honestly find it really hard to rate them, seeing as they're such a major part of my reading foundation. 11 year-old me would probably have given...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Known for telling monster stories, Lucy while going back for her roller blades, she left behind at the library, notices something strange about her librarian Mr. Mortman. This one was, I don't know, that ending seemed a bit dark for a kids book. It just went by quick you know? The book was alright.
Purple
Vina Crystelline
Lucy, cewek satu ini emang cinta banget ama yang namanya Monster, dia suka banget ngaku ke orang2 (terutama adiknya) kalo dia udah liat monster.. Sampe orang2 pada bosen dengerin bualannya si Lucy ini.. Ga disangka suatu hari dia bener2 ketemu ama satu orang yang dia curigain sbg jelmaan monster beneran (siluman??). But, of course, waktu Lucy ini cerita ma org2 tentang pria penjaga perpus ini, gak ada yang percaya ama dia. Secara Lucy selama ini suka banget membual. Nah..dimulailah petualangan L...more
Iris Gamino
Wing Kit
Lucy loves to read books about monster but one day she gets locked in the library alone with the librarian. She follows him around and later finds out that monsters really do exist. She tries to escape and tells the news to her parents. He gets invited for dinner and he is suspicious of Lucy because he knows that she saw him in the library when it was closed. A sudden turn of events happen and Lucy's parents eat the librarian and they were the real monsters. This book was very interesting becaus...more
Joey the J in R.J. Spindle
Ou, a tale in a library! Yes. My happy place. Lucy is a bit too smart for her own good. She loves scaring her little brother. She is exactly how I was at her age. I love her. They even hint that she could grow up to be a writer... Stine, are you following me? If you're reading this: thank you, and screw you ... now I'm going to be paranoid about this book happening to ME!

Read more chapter-by-chapter commentary at R. J. Spindle
Tj Blalock
This one was really good! It was fun, funny (on propose!), and I liked the twist on the cry wolf story. I liked the subtext, and it was just a lot of fun.

Mr Mortman is supposed to represent all the uptight parents who bitched about goosebumps. “You all deserve to be eaten by monsters while children laugh at you!” …an odd way to tell them to bug off, but eh, I don’t mind.

Some things didn’t make much sense, but only in that typical goosebumps way. It gets better every time I read it, and it’s ano...more
Brianna
I gave this book a four star rating because I liked how the book was put together to create suspense. Like at the begininng you were just to get to a scary part or an interesting part and then the book told you something else that was in a different setting than you were just in. What I didn't like about the story was that it wasn't very interesting after the book told you the suspensing part. It made me want to quit reading it, but I couldn't because I wanted to know what happened at the end.
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Lucy is an imaginative child. She's always making up stories about monsters, much to the annoyance of her friends and family. But when she discovers the local librarian may be a monster, will anyone believe her?
This is an entertaining book. The ending was completely unexpected and absolutely hilarious! Children will definitely get a kick out of this, as well as adults who enjoy a simple, enjoyable read.
Danny
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Tefanie
No spoilers but the conclusion of this book made me laugh out loud. I mean, really? The parents did THAT? XD
I've read the Goosebump series when I was younger and reading it now that I am older makes me see it in a different light. It was clearly written for children. These books terrified me then. Now, not so much. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it though.
I have forgotten most of the plots now and guessing the endings makes it more enjoyable, imo.
Julie
Oh My God. This was the grossest thing I read in years. You may not believe it, but I had a problem eating my dinner after reading this. Eating flies and turtles? The worst thing is that he even DESCRIBED the crunching sound which the turtles made when he ate them. Oh, I think I'm going to vomit. ERLACK. I'll never read this book again. Thank you, thank you, R. L. Stine, for making me think that my sandwih is full of flies and moths.
DJ
A book that does a take on The Boy who Cried Wolf with a twist ending. There was moments that it was a little dragging a bit (have to keep in mind that from a kid's perspective, they'll enjoy this book), but at the end, I yelled out loud, "That's the most stupidest story I've ever read!" After a little while, I realized that I wanted to read the book as if a kid would read it, and in fact it's actually pretty funny, spooky.
Mirkojeck jeck
Oct 01, 2007 Mirkojeck jeck rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: nobody
if you want to stay up all night this is the perfect book, but if you want to sleep keep your hands off it! yay! that was a pretty scary speech.
it's not really a book for litle kids, though it is pretty cool.
its about a girl who thinks the librarian is a monster but nobody belives her, and it turns out that he really is a monster!
but why am I telling you all this stuff you should all read it for your self.
Mazmi
Goosebumps, ahh those were the good old days. This was one of the first goosebumps book I read. I think my first was about a Mummy. I loved these books, I had loads of them and when I wasn't reading them I was watching them on the T.V. This review isn't very helpful if you would like to know about the book. It's been years since I read this book. I honest only have a vague idea of what actually happened.
Drucilla
A nice spin on "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" story. There's not much in the way of action or side characters. The entire book is just Lucy trying to prove Mr. Mortman is a monster. I liked the ending, but it would have been nice if there had been references concerning it throughout the story. (view spoiler)
Reeva
May Contain Spoilers!!!!----

I don't understand this book at all. I was so confused in the end and not in a good way. I wasn't sure if the whole book was one of her stories or if it was the story. Maybe that is the point of the book, Not knowing what is true. Are they monsters or is it just another story? I didn't like the ending. I didn't even like the monster, it was just gross.
Who likes the book? 1 6 Jul 07, 2013 08:51AM
Talk About Juveni...: Did you like The Girl Who Cried Monster? 1 2 Jun 20, 2013 01:12PM
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • The Pretender (Animorphs, #23)
  • Dawn and the Big Sleepover (The Baby-Sitters Club, #44)
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)