Start by marking “Stroke of Midnight” as Want to Read:
Stroke of Midnight

Stroke of Midnight

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  20 reviews
An unlikely Cinderella...

When hardworking single mom Jaye Sinns meets younger playboy Alexander Carmichael, the sexual chemistry between them is undeniable. So Jaye gives in to temptation and allows him to whisk her away for her first-ever vacation. Two glorious weeks of no inhibitions, no strings and no responsibilities.

A charming prince of a guy...

Life with Alex is every
Published January 24th 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Stroke of Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stroke of Midnight

Diana~
This was a rather quick and very short hot read. I love how the story has a Cinderella-esque theme to it and the happily ever after in the end. Even though I thought that the ending was a bit rushed, it was still a good ending! For my first book by Bonnie Edwards, this is a pretty good impression. The sex was amazingly hot so you might need an ice cold drink near by... Just saying. Lots of dirty talk and foreplay, so if you like that, then this is the book for you lol!

Aanyway, this was rather a
Laura the Highland Hussy
Alex offered Jaye 2 weeks of flingtastic hot sex...until he wanted more. This is a 90 page steamy erotic romance and I think Bonnie Edwards latest definitely delivered.

In Bonnie Edwards’ latest erotic romance, our heroine Jaye meets our hero Alex at a car auction, and with a bit of eye flirting, they take off to every girl’s dream: a two week sex-a-thon in Europe. But neither one of them expects their hearts to be involved.

But they never quite make it to Europe. After only a few minutes in the a
Heather
Stroke of Midnight offers up the traditional Cinderella story, only with spice! Jaye meets Alex at a car auction that she attends with her brother and sister-in-law, and there is an instant attraction. This is the kind of chemistry that says “DO IT” (literally and figuratively).

She takes a chance on him and he whisks her away for a two week, anything goes vacation. I liked Jaye; she had a steady job, her clientele love and respects her, and she has a steady (and loving) relationship with her fa
Mandi Schreiner
Jaye Sinns is a single mom, raising her now 16 year old son by herself from the time she was fifteen. She is a bookkeeper and has never really taken time out of her schedule just for her. She finds herself at a very swanky car auction with her brother and sister in-law. She catches the eye of a very sexy man – and they do the staring game for awhile until he finally saunters over.

Alexander Carmichael is a very wealthy man, who jet sets around the world. He sees Jaye and there is an instant attra
Kari
Stroke of Midnight is modern day Cinderella story. Alex sees Jaye at a convention and whisks her off for 2 weeks of luxury and of course, sex. While the attraction was instant, I liked their relationship. There was definitely enough of a back story so that I had a sense of where both Alex and Jaye were coming from. Both guard their hearts closely, but love is inevitable. In the end, they both grow and learn that they can have it all. Alex was so cute as he kept trying to find ways to make Jaye s ...more
gert
fast read. good sex. lame-ass story line. puhleeze spare me from the two week whirlwind sex journey that pairs a "normal" single mom and an overly sexy, overly rich, overly overly guy. a sophisticated world traveller that inexplicably falls madly in love with the heroine even before the two weeks are up.

saving grace? the sex. lots of it.

if you're looking for a story to get lost in, this ain't it. but if you're looking for some hot sex surrounded by an absolutely done to death rich man/poor woman
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
This book had such a strong start, but I felt like it kind of fizzled in the last half.
(view spoiler)
This book was provided to me by netgalley and was my first read by this author. Jaye is a hardworking single mother to a teenage boy. She had her son at a very young age and has selflessly put her needs and wants on hold to raise and provide for her son. Her selfless personality has provided her the opportunity to not only work for several businesses in her town, but also earn their respect and loyalty.
Jaye decides to take a much needed vacation to New York for a visit with her brother and his n
Habrewer
Stroke of Midnight by Bonnie Edwards
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Everyone knows the story of Cinderella and her night at the Ball. Jaye Sinns is living her own fairy tale and doesn’t want to wake up. She can’t believe that good looking Alex is interested in her and wants to whisk her away for the duration of her vacation.

Jaye is a single mom from the wrong side of the tracks. She works as a book keeper for several small businesses in her neigh
Cleffairy
Review published at: Over A Cuppa Tea

Date published: 14th Jan 2011

Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=4500

I’m still having my holiday depression cum blues, and therefore, I did a little fiction marathon last night. Picked up an ebook. This time it’s Stroke of Midnight by Bonnie Edwards is a very sexy and steamy read.

This book is about a hardworking single mom Jaye Sinns who happens to meet a younger playboy Alexander Carmichael.

Tthe sexual chemistry between them is undeniable and unable to resi
Nikki Brandyberry
Stroke of Midnight is a modern day Cinderella story. Jaye is out of her league standing in the middle of the high-end car auction. Contained within these walls are the countries most wealthy. Jaye is only a tag-along to her sister-in-law and brother. Feeling out-of-place however doesn’t stop her from checking out the eye candy. When the focus of her attention starts weaving through the crowd to approach her, Jaye’s confidence falters.

Alex hasn’t ever seen a woman so beautiful. From her long legs
Book Binge Blog
This is a short, spicy tale. While the sex was definitely hot, it took a major suspension of disbelief to buy the romance. A lust-filled encounter is one thing, a full HEA another.

The inconsistencies of Jaye's actions were hard to take at times. She's a responsible single mother who, on a whim and 5 seconds after meeting a man, jets off with him to another country? She's a loving, compassionate woman, but jumps to unflattering conclusions about Alex based on nothing more than a few toss away com
Holly

Mona
Fantasies make the world a more pleasant place and Bonnie Edwards has given us a fantasy that’s fun to read.

Jaye Sinns reminds herself the world sees her as “trailer trash,” but she has a son she loves, friends she cares about, and a business that keeps food on the table.

Alex Carmichael spots Jaye at an automobile auction and sets his cap for her. Somewhere between all the fun and games, they both learn a little more about life and love.

Stroke of Midnight was a nice pick-me-up for a gloomy
Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews)
This was pretty decent. Some of the scenes felt like too much teasing, but over all, I liked it and thought it was pretty steamy and well written. The narration was well done, it flowed well between the two characters. I wasn't so sure about the characters at first, sometimes the single mom stuff gets to me, but this didn't feel like Jaye was sorry for the way her life turned out and was looking for a pity party. She was a very strong character. Likewise, so was Alex. At first I thought he might ...more
Sara (Just Another Story)  Walker
I don't think that I am a fan of novella's. I think that they are to short to feature characters that have never been introduced before. I did not like this story at all. I thought the plot was weak and the characters annoying. I think it would have been better if it was a full length novel. But it wasn't. Novella's don't allow for character development. So often the characters are boring and stale. Which is what I got from this book.
Carrie
Jan 29, 2011 Carrie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
A STROKE OF MIDNIGHT is a sexy, retelling of Cinderella. I really liked the characters and the story, but it takes a complete suspension of reality. No one in their right mind would go off for two weeks with a man they just met and want to jump his bones on the way to the airport. There were a couple of times that I thought to myself "this woman is crazy", but the writing was compelling enough that I was sucked into the story.
Christine
Short, fun, and hot. I would have liked it a little more if the talk had been less blunt and after stretching out their first couple of days together, the ending was very rushed, but it was still good.

I wish some rich, hot guy would whisk me away for two weeks of sexy fun. *sigh*
Wminbc
soon to be posted on NRR! Link when available.
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Art_chinese
Art_chinese marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Diane(starryskye30)
Diane(starryskye30) marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Val Paquette
Val Paquette marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Jeset Torres
Jeset Torres marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Francis Griggs
Francis Griggs marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Julie  aka trouble..
Julie aka trouble.. marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Hard Stuff Body Work Men Times Three Possessing Morgan (Harlequin Blaze, #529) Slow Hand