Stroke of Midnight

Stroke of Midnight

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  55 reviews
An unlikely Cinderella...

When hardworking single mom Jaye Sinns meets younger playboy Alexander Carmichael, the sexual chemistry between them is undeniable. So Jaye gives in to temptation and allows him to whisk her away for her first-ever vacation. Two glorious weeks of no inhibitions, no strings and no responsibilities.

A charming prince of a guy...

Life with Alex is every...more
Published January 24th 2011 by Carina Press (first published December 27th 2005)

Laura the Highland Hussy
I received this as an ARC

Wow, this was a great book! I'm not a huge fan of erotica because I always feel plot goes by the wayside for sex.

This book is not like that.

The plot is much more intricate than I'd imagined. The book is divided up into three sections, each one titled with the brother who gets the most page time. But that's what is so cool about this book: I expected to see each section being a short about each brother and his woman, and maybe we'd see a similar theme through the three...more
Amanda
Jan 06, 2009 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone into fairy tale romance (and also blow jobs)
Recommended to Amanda by: my libido
It's a Sunday morning. The first Sunday morning of 2009. I've been up for hours, turning page after page of this volume of three sexy and romantic short stories. And naturally, I wanted to share my progress with you, my dear GoodReaders. But first, I want to interject a sidebar, as I am wont to do.

My first webstop this morning was Tadpole's review of Waiting for the Barbarians, and I must say that it makes me feel a little silly. Here I am in one part of the world, reading erotica, while one of...more
Diana~
This was a rather quick and very short hot read. I love how the story has a Cinderella-esque theme to it and the happily ever after in the end. Even though I thought that the ending was a bit rushed, it was still a good ending! For my first book by Bonnie Edwards, this is a pretty good impression. The sex was amazingly hot so you might need an ice cold drink near by... Just saying. Lots of dirty talk and foreplay, so if you like that, then this is the book for you lol!

Aanyway, this was rather a...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
Alex offered Jaye 2 weeks of flingtastic hot sex...until he wanted more. This is a 90 page steamy erotic romance and I think Bonnie Edwards latest definitely delivered.

In Bonnie Edwards’ latest erotic romance, our heroine Jaye meets our hero Alex at a car auction, and with a bit of eye flirting, they take off to every girl’s dream: a two week sex-a-thon in Europe. But neither one of them expects their hearts to be involved.

But they never quite make it to Europe. After only a few minutes in the a...more
Heather
Stroke of Midnight offers up the traditional Cinderella story, only with spice! Jaye meets Alex at a car auction that she attends with her brother and sister-in-law, and there is an instant attraction. This is the kind of chemistry that says “DO IT” (literally and figuratively).

She takes a chance on him and he whisks her away for a two week, anything goes vacation. I liked Jaye; she had a steady job, her clientele love and respects her, and she has a steady (and loving) relationship with her fa...more
Debbie
Quick hot read about reconnecting with the one person from your past who you've always known was your soul mate, and the one person who you've every really loved.

Lisa and Tyce both grew up in a run down trailer park and both had dreams of getting out. Unfortunately, Lisa left before Tyce and didn't believe him when he told her he'd get them both out if she'd just wait and let him prove it to her. Since then they have each missed each other. Years later, she's the widow of a wealthy man and Tyce...more
Mandi Schreiner
Jaye Sinns is a single mom, raising her now 16 year old son by herself from the time she was fifteen. She is a bookkeeper and has never really taken time out of her schedule just for her. She finds herself at a very swanky car auction with her brother and sister in-law. She catches the eye of a very sexy man – and they do the staring game for awhile until he finally saunters over.

Alexander Carmichael is a very wealthy man, who jet sets around the world. He sees Jaye and there is an instant attra...more
Jane Stewart
2 ½ stars. Just ok. Nothing too exciting. Some hot sex scenes. Story could have been better. Loose ends not tied up at end.

STORY BRIEF:
Jon owned a small hotel in northwest Washington State which he never operated. He was a recluse but friendly with TJ who owned a construction business with his brothers Deke and Eli. Jon paid TJ to build three cabins on the property but not to start building until after he died. When Jon died he left the inn to his three granddaughters, Marnie, Holly and Kylie wh...more
Christine
I loved it!!!! Great and fast easy going hot read right before bed!!! Awesome! I loved that she isn't a freaking gold digger! And I also loved that he didn't irritate me with bull crap either! I really did love this. Something I will definitely re read that's for sure!!
Kari
Stroke of Midnight is modern day Cinderella story. Alex sees Jaye at a convention and whisks her off for 2 weeks of luxury and of course, sex. While the attraction was instant, I liked their relationship. There was definitely enough of a back story so that I had a sense of where both Alex and Jaye were coming from. Both guard their hearts closely, but love is inevitable. In the end, they both grow and learn that they can have it all. Alex was so cute as he kept trying to find ways to make Jaye s...more
Kathy Harrington
Once upon a time there lived 2kids in a trailer park.... Fast forward 12 years and you wouldn't know that about either one of them. Take one rich widow add one super hot mechanic and that equals hot sexy days. The story was well thought out with just enough teasing to make it fun.
gert
fast read. good sex. lame-ass story line. puhleeze spare me from the two week whirlwind sex journey that pairs a "normal" single mom and an overly sexy, overly rich, overly overly guy. a sophisticated world traveller that inexplicably falls madly in love with the heroine even before the two weeks are up.

saving grace? the sex. lots of it.

if you're looking for a story to get lost in, this ain't it. but if you're looking for some hot sex surrounded by an absolutely done to death rich man/poor woman...more
Pratr- Authors
This is an awesome book, one of the best I've read this year. It's a haunted house story unlike any I've every read before. Faye Grantham is a thirty year old woman who inherits Perdition House from her great Aunt Mae. Perdition House is an old bordello that was once run by Faye's great great Aunt Belle. Faye is engaged to Collin but she is starting to have doubts. Their sex life basically sucks and Collin blames Faye calling her frigid. Faye decides to go to Perdition House for two weeks to dec...more
Tamara
Perdition House is a book that was completely out of my norm. I have read erotica and I have read paranormal, but NEVER have I read paranormal erotica. But you know what? It totally works! The sex in this book is mind-blowing, hot and steamy. And with five horny spirits that like to tweak certain situations, you have a book that not only will have you fanning yourself, you will also get a laugh every now and then. I absolutely loved the ghosts of Perdition House. Each one has her own unique stor...more
Jenn
I loved this book - I loved how we got to see the same situation through different characters' eyes, and I enjoyed watching the romances grow throughout the book. The sex scenes were HOT, too. I was a bit disappointed in the epilogue, would have liked it to be longer and have more details, but other than that the book was well worth reading. It was divided into 3 sections - one for each brother - but the brothers weren't limited to their own section.
Vonnie
My, oh my! Perdition House was sure hot! Fans were required when reading this book! It had a mixture of erotica and ghosts that were written very well together. The plot and details in this book were fascinating. I found myself liking this book tremendously.

I was taken immediately by surprise when I started reading this book. The story opened up with the main character Faye seeking a stranger to have sex with. Being thrust into sexual tension right away gave me an inclination on how the rest of...more
Katerina
I was pleasantly surprised by this!
Not just full of steam with not much of a story, but with an underlying message.
Great!!!
I will look out for more books by this author!
Fay Ann Hollcroft
GREAT JUST GREAT a 5! I've read a few books that were written like this & they are amongst some of my most favorite! I'll say this by far was my most favorite story by Bonnie Edwards, that I've read so far. And I've really enjoyed her Perdition House stories a great deal. I really had a VERY hard time putting this book down just to sleep.;-D
Laura Lee McKellips
I got this book free. It was a good quick read. I loved the story of revisiting a first love and of course the cars. I wish it was a little longer, I would have loved just a little more tension between the main characters.
Cyndi Hackett
Nice story about second chances. Hot and sexy read with a great back story.
Sebrina
Enjoyed this one....

A quick and spicy read. Very well written. It made me giggle and also brought tears to my eyes. You can't go wrong with this one.
Lisa McManus
Spicy, sexy and a great story - loved it! Terrific strong heroine, tough but tender hero - loved their story. Great read for car buffs, and a better read for those wanting great writing!
Fay Ann Hollcroft
I'll give this anthology a 3.5-4. Going from not completely fulfilling to great. I really could do with some more Perdition House stories!!!;-D
Samantha
Wow! There isnt a word really to describe this story line. I absolutely loved every minute of it. This so unlike anything I have read before. The author manages to take a unknown , barely tried story line and was able to run with it. This was one book I couldn't put it down. I was gooked right from the first chapter. You realise right from the start that things arent what they seem to be. The characters are fantastic ,loveble and at times you really do feel like banging your head on the wall at...more
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
This book had such a strong start, but I felt like it kind of fizzled in the last half.
(view spoiler)...more
This book was provided to me by netgalley and was my first read by this author. Jaye is a hardworking single mother to a teenage boy. She had her son at a very young age and has selflessly put her needs and wants on hold to raise and provide for her son. Her selfless personality has provided her the opportunity to not only work for several businesses in her town, but also earn their respect and loyalty.
Jaye decides to take a much needed vacation to New York for a visit with her brother and his n...more
Habrewer
Stroke of Midnight by Bonnie Edwards
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Everyone knows the story of Cinderella and her night at the Ball. Jaye Sinns is living her own fairy tale and doesn’t want to wake up. She can’t believe that good looking Alex is interested in her and wants to whisk her away for the duration of her vacation.

Jaye is a single mom from the wrong side of the tracks. She works as a book keeper for several small businesses in her neigh...more
Cleffairy
Review published at: Over A Cuppa Tea

Date published: 14th Jan 2011

Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=4500

I’m still having my holiday depression cum blues, and therefore, I did a little fiction marathon last night. Picked up an ebook. This time it’s Stroke of Midnight by Bonnie Edwards is a very sexy and steamy read.

This book is about a hardworking single mom Jaye Sinns who happens to meet a younger playboy Alexander Carmichael.

Tthe sexual chemistry between them is undeniable and unable to resi...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Stroke of Midnight is a modern day Cinderella story. Jaye is out of her league standing in the middle of the high-end car auction. Contained within these walls are the countries most wealthy. Jaye is only a tag-along to her sister-in-law and brother. Feeling out-of-place however doesn’t stop her from checking out the eye candy. When the focus of her attention starts weaving through the crowd to approach her, Jaye’s confidence falters.

Alex hasn’t ever seen a woman so beautiful. From her long legs...more
Katie(babs)
Breathless is a combination of three sexy stories from Bonnie Edwards. A woman puts on a corset and travels back in time to meet the doctor of her dreams; another needs her old boss to protect her from a possible stalker; and finally a subdued art teacher uses her sexy carpenter to help her tap into her creativity. They bring forth the sexy in this semi-erotic anthology, yet the combination of lust and some purple prose-like descriptions of such sex acts left me searching for something more.

In “...more
  • Hush
  • Suited (St. Martin Family Saga, #4)
  • New Leaves, No Strings (The Austin Series #1)
  • Outside the Lines (The Line, #3)
  • Camouflaged (Hiding from Love, #0.5)
  • Complications (Rebound, #1)
  • Secrets of the Heart (Heart Romance, #1)
  • His to Taste
  • Picture Me Naked (Stoddard Art School, #1)
  • Promise Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #3)
  • Edge of the Heat (Westwood Harbor Corruption, #1)
  • A Chance at Love: A Billionaire Romance (Ferry Creek, #1)
  • Saved By Sex (SinSity Stories)
  • Everything You Want
  • Delayed Delivery (Pursuit, #2.5)
  • Serving the Billionaire (The Silver Cross Club, #1)
  • Late Last Night (River Bend)
  • Irresistible Lines (Blurred Lines, #5)
The Hard Stuff Possessing Morgan (Harlequin Blaze, #529) Sweet Ride! Slow Hand Love in a Pawn Shop