The Exhaustion Cure: Up Your Energy from Low to Go in 21 Days

The Exhaustion Cure: Up Your Energy from Low to Go in 21 Days

2.93 of 5 stars 2.93  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  20 reviews
LAURA STACK, MBA, CSP, is a personal productivity expert and the author of Leave the Office Earlier and Find More Time. As a professional speaker, she helps workers Leave the Office Earlier® with Maximum Results in Minimum Time™. Laura is the president of The Productivity Pro®, Inc., an international time management company whose clients include Microsoft, GM, Time Warner,...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published May 13th 2008 by Random House Audio (first published January 1st 2008)

cara
a lot of good principles - nothing earth-shattering.

my favorite line in the book...
"If you've ever thought about how relaxing it would be if you were in jail right now, you're suffering from overwork." yep.
Intplibrarian
The format is great -- especially for someone who IS fatigued. Quick little bites.[return][return]Unfortunately, there are at least a few pieces of outdated advice included, which makes me wary of the rest of the advice. Caffeinated beverages DO count in your daily water intake. Caffeine can INCREASE concentration. It happens that those two examples both involve caffeine, but they're two that I happen to know have been only recently "discovered."[return][return]Maybe those errors are the only on...more
Lindsay
May 13, 2008 Lindsay rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: favorites
If you're feeling fatigued, this is the book for you! Laura Stack's tips for getting rid of energy bandits in your everyday life are incredibly worthwhile. This is the perfect book for anyone who goes through the day wishing they could take a nap!
After reading The Exhaustion Cure, you will be able to accomplish everything you set out to do each day, and still have zeal to spare!

" [Stack] helps readers distinguish between status quo tasks and more fulfilling ones that move them forward, and mak...more
Jonny99
A tiring read. Look, your fatigue is some combination of (1) stress, (2) sleep deprivation, (3) drinking / drug use and (4) a carbohydrate, fat and sugar-laden diet. This hyper-expanded "Self" magazine article will not help you other than you can use it to block out the light as you nap. Get some rest, eat some greens and hand the cosmo back to the bartender.
Allison
This book was a collection of every cliche piece of advice you have ever heard. "Be a lifelong learner." "Have good sex." "Do what you love and the money will follow." "Stop and smell the roses." There wasn't even any sort of rhyme or reason to what topic the advice was on. I almost feel like I would've been better off buying a bag of fortune cookies...
Gloriavirtutisumbra
I'm not sure what I expected from this book, i think i had thought it would be more focused on the medical side of exhaustion. Which is why it was so hard for me to finish, it ended up being a collection of dozens of little tips and suggestions on time management and even clutter control. Well written, but i'm not sure if it really helped.
Lenore
This book was a collection of tips, very few of which were useful to me.

I listened to the audio CD version of this book. The reader was the author, and though she is no doubt na effective public speaker, her voice was not well suited to this format.
Patricia
This did not speak to me as much as Jill Thomas' "Revive," though people not familiar with Naturopathy might be more comfortable with it. Includes quizzes, but also a lot of product placement, which I ultimately found distracting.
Katharine Eves
gave you some very useful tips as well as the common sense ones too, sometimes it is good for us all just to stop and think about why we are so tired,

the first thing i stopped doing was over scheduling and I learned to say NO
Kellie
Nothing I haven't read or heard before. I was also a little disappointed that the title suggests a 21-day program, but no such schedule is ever presented.
Emily
I can't believe how long it took me to read this book, especially when you consider its title. I actually really pulled some good ideas from it.
Pat aka Tygyr
There are a lot of good ideas in the book, but they haven't worked for me, or they are just not very practical for me right now.
Katie
Great suggestions and much needed reminders fill this book and make it a practical and interesting read.
Vinnydbullet
Good book with solid information. I liked it and it is fairly practical. Very nice to listen to in the car.
Joan
Not a great audio book, but lots of helpful advice for revving up personal energy.
Beth
I didn't learn any information that was earth-shattering; I've heard it all before.
Jean
It told me everything I didn't want to hear. LOL!!!!
Andri
Tons of practical advice packed into one book.
Scott
Scott added it
Jul 22, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
David
David is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
N
N marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Sandra Kay Hodge
Sandra Kay Hodge marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Laura Stack, MBA, CSP, is a personal productivity expert, author, and professional speaker who helps busy workers Leave the Office Earlier® with Maximum Results in Minimum Time®. She is the president of The Productivity Pro®, Inc., a time management training firm specializing in productivity improvement in high-stress organizations. Since 1992, Laura has presented keynotes and seminars on improvin...more
More about Laura Stack...
Find More Time: How to Get Things Done at Home, Organize Your Life, and Feel Great about It What To Do When There's Too Much To Do: Reduce Tasks, Increase Results, and Save 90 a Minutes Day Leave the Office Earlier: The Productivity Pro Shows You How to Do More in Less Time...and Feel Great About It Super Competent: The Six Keys to Perform at Your Productive Best Execution IS the Strategy: How Leaders Achieve Maximum Results in Minimum Time