Start by marking “The Panda Puzzle (A to Z Mysteries, #16)” as Want to Read:
The Panda Puzzle (A to Z Mysteries, #16)

The Panda Puzzle (A to Z Mysteries #16)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  1,582 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
There's pandemonium in Green Lawn! The town is building a new park for a panda and her baby. But as soon as the pandas arrive, the baby is stolen! All the panda-nappers want in return is a million dollars. . . . Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose collar the culprits before Green Lawn has to cough up the cash?
Library Binding, 84 pages
Published February 26th 2002 by Turtleback Books (first published August 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Panda Puzzle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Panda Puzzle

Marlee
May 19, 2014 Marlee rated it really liked it
A fun book in a fun series. My children (ages 6 and 9) both enjoyed this book. They've liked all of the books in this series so far, though some more than others. For an adult, the books are predictable and at times even a bit ridiculous. However, for children they are a lot of fun. I enjoy reading them along with my kids.
Rachel
Title: The Panda Puzzle

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #16

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: There's pandemonium in Green Lawn! The town is building a new park for a panda and her baby. But as soon as the pandas arrive, the baby is stolen! All the panda-nappers want in return is a million dollars. Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose collar the culprits before Green Lawn has to cough up the cash?

Review: This one was so good.... until the end.

Things I Loved: The P mystery!

Things I Hated: The ending was very
Dolly
Jul 27, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an interesting, though not overly realistic mystery in the A to Z Mysteries series. A mother and baby panda are not very common in captivity and would not likely be placed in a suburban "petting zoo."

Nevertheless, it's a puzzling mystery, with three suspects equally likely to have committed the crime. Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose solve yet another mystery, to the delight of children everywhere. Our girls just love this series and we are eagerly anticipating the next story.
Ethan
Jul 09, 2014 Ethan rated it it was amazing
This book is about a panda that got stolen from the zoo. The panda was a baby panda and it just came from another country. Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose try to find out what happened. They go to a swimming pool and they sit on a rug and they feel a trap door. They go inside the trap door and they go down the stairs and they find the baby panda. The man who stole it was mad that they found the panda so he closed the trap door and locked it. Officer Fallon came and opened the trap door.
Ria
Jan 09, 2014 Ria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was about the baby panda who got kidnapped. and how josh, dink and ruth rose found winnie, the baby panda back. thisbook was a first sad with a happy ending.
Jen
Feb 08, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Kristine Hansen
The new baby panda at the zoo has been kidnapped and it's up the...kids?...to find it.

Seriously this book is one bad idea after another. Here we have the grown-ups scrambling to pull together ransom money (do the police do anything in this town?) while the children interview suspects and find a likely place a panda would be hidden. That it's through some doors clearly marked "do not enter" and down into a sub-basement which is freaking DANGEROUS seems not to matter. OK, kids, don't try this at h
Rochelle Baldwin
Feb 25, 2017 Rochelle Baldwin rated it really liked it
My niece wanted to do her book report on this book so we got to read it together. She loved Winnie the baby panda and was interested in the young sleuths: Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose finding clues to solve the mystery.
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I can see how it can keep a kid engrossed. The characters
Kevinkai
Sep 07, 2015 Kevinkai rated it liked it
Shelves: m
Lilly
Mar 20, 2015 Lilly rated it liked it
Mystery books are the best way to stay occupied because it tricks the mind. In Ron Roy's the panda puzzle it has very interesting twists and turns. That is one good thing about the book. Another good thing about this book is the mystery part of the book. You never know what's around the corner. The last thing that makes this book great is the bits and pieces that are funny in it. Even when there is a mystery that needs to be solved they can still have a joke here and there. That is why Ron Roy's ...more
Bvlmc Buchanan Verplanck Elementary School
Mystery lovers will delight in the adventures of Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose as they track down each clue. In The Panda Puzzle, a baby panda has been stolen from the zoo and is being held for a million dollar ransom. Can our trio of detectives find the baby panda and alert authorities before the town goes broke trying to raise the necessary funds? Read on to find out.
Joshua
Mar 03, 2013 Joshua rated it it was amazing
I liked it because it was funny because Flip took Winnie to a door and left her there. So Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose decided to talk to Tom Steele, Irene Napper and Flip Frances. Just then Josh decided to go to a place where Flip worked and went to the pool. Then Ruth Rose remembered that Flip probably wouldn't let them in. Dink remembered that he had the free pass. To be continued...
Brenda
Apr 12, 2013 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Love panda's, who doesn't? Green Lawn gets a mom and baby Panda donated to their petting zoo, but on the first day the mom charges the fence for unknown reasons..until its revealed her baby is gone, someone has kidnapped the baby and left a ransom note. I found this very enjoyable for a short-story kids book, any longer and it would have ruined it.
Melissa Namba
Dec 28, 2016 Melissa Namba rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
this is an average a to z book. a baby panda is stolen from a petting zoo (a great place for a mother bear and her baby). someone steals the baby and holds it for ransom. it kills me that the book has the kids cuddling the baby panda without supervision. Josh has fortuitous knowledge of coal chutes, which I did not even know about, which saves them.
Lisa Cohn
Aug 16, 2014 Lisa Cohn rated it it was amazing
Michael, age 6, says this is one of his favorite A to Z Mysteries. He loves the series in general, and especially this book because it's about a kidnapped panda bear. He thinks A to Z Mysteries resemble Scooby-Doo books, his other favorite series. Learn why in this video, where he discusses this book while riding in a New York City cab!
Julianna
Jun 17, 2009 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids Who Like Mysteries
Another cute story in the A-Z Mysteries series, this one involving the kidnapping of a baby panda. It seemed like the suspects weren't set up quite as well as they were in some of the other books in the series, but it was still a fun read. I really enjoy reading these with my kids, and even though they are bit older than the target audience for the series, they still like them too.
Reagan
Apr 05, 2016 Reagan rated it it was amazing
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose go to see Winnie and his mother. They are pandas.
But it turns out that Winnie has bee pandanapped! Josh, Ruth Rise, and Dink have to find Winnie.
Can they do it? Can the kids get Winnie back to his mother?
Amanda
Apr 16, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
Joe loves these!
Banana
May 11, 2009 Banana rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite A to Z mystery books!
Olivia
Oct 14, 2008 Olivia rated it it was amazing
I didn't really get how this was a mystery but i liked it anyway.
Seth
Feb 02, 2015 Seth rated it liked it
Shelves: by-myself
A baby panda got stolen! His name was Winny. the kids got locked in a cellar. Flip Francis stole Winny.
Gabriel
Aug 23, 2011 Gabriel rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! It....it is so cool! It is in GREEN LAWN, Connecticut. They get locked in a coal cellar!
Meredith
Aug 19, 2014 Meredith rated it it was amazing
Very quick read.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
When there's a new zoo in green lawn and the panda and her baby is there right when the zoo keepers put the baby and the mother panda in there cage the baby panda gets stolen

Sara
May 07, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
When a baby panda goes missing the culprit is a guy that works at a gym. They caught him and the baby panda goes back to it's rightful home. I recommend this book to those who love mysteries.
Hillvan
450L
Tina
Apr 04, 2010 Tina rated it really liked it
awesome
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • The Slumber Party Secret (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #1)
  • The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)
  • Nate the Great San Francisco Detective
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Stage Fright on a Summer Night (Magic Tree House, #25)
  • The One Hundredth Day of School! (Ready, Freddy!, #13)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)

“uniform” 0 likes