Start by marking “The Panda Puzzle (A to Z Mysteries, #16)” as Want to Read:
The Panda Puzzle (A to Z Mysteries, #16)

The Panda Puzzle (A to Z Mysteries #16)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,116 ratings  ·  32 reviews
There's pandemonium in Green Lawn! The town is building a new park for a panda and her baby. But as soon as the pandas arrive, the baby is stolen! All the panda-nappers want in return is a million dollars. . . . Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose collar the culprits before Green Lawn has to cough up the cash?
Library Binding, 84 pages
Published February 26th 2002 by Turtleback Books (first published August 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Panda Puzzle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Panda Puzzle

The Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled HosseiniCutting Right to the Chase Vol.2, by Stefania Mattana
Books That I Rated "5 Stars"
55th out of 397 books — 51 voters
Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. MilneA Bear Called Paddington by Michael BondThe Jungle Book by Rudyard KiplingThe House at Pooh Corner by A.A. MilneBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Best Bear Books
52nd out of 63 books — 45 voters

More lists with this book...

Marlee
A fun book in a fun series. My children (ages 6 and 9) both enjoyed this book. They've liked all of the books in this series so far, though some more than others. For an adult, the books are predictable and at times even a bit ridiculous. However, for children they are a lot of fun. I enjoy reading them along with my kids.
luhvBOOKS
Title: The Panda Puzzle

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #16

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: There's pandemonium in Green Lawn! The town is building a new park for a panda and her baby. But as soon as the pandas arrive, the baby is stolen! All the panda-nappers want in return is a million dollars. Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose collar the culprits before Green Lawn has to cough up the cash?

Review: This one was so good.... until the end.

Things I Loved: The P mystery!

Things I Hated: The ending was very
Dolly
Jul 28, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an interesting, though not overly realistic mystery in the A to Z Mysteries series. A mother and baby panda are not very common in captivity and would not likely be placed in a suburban "petting zoo."

Nevertheless, it's a puzzling mystery, with three suspects equally likely to have committed the crime. Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose solve yet another mystery, to the delight of children everywhere. Our girls just love this series and we are eagerly anticipating the next story.
Ethan
This book is about a panda that got stolen from the zoo. The panda was a baby panda and it just came from another country. Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose try to find out what happened. They go to a swimming pool and they sit on a rug and they feel a trap door. They go inside the trap door and they go down the stairs and they find the baby panda. The man who stole it was mad that they found the panda so he closed the trap door and locked it. Officer Fallon came and opened the trap door.
Ria
this book was about the baby panda who got kidnapped. and how josh, dink and ruth rose found winnie, the baby panda back. thisbook was a first sad with a happy ending.
Jen
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Lisa Cohn
Michael, age 6, says this is one of his favorite A to Z Mysteries. He loves the series in general, and especially this book because it's about a kidnapped panda bear. He thinks A to Z Mysteries resemble Scooby-Doo books, his other favorite series. Learn why in this video, where he discusses this book while riding in a New York City cab!
Yasuko Takatsuki
2013.3.30 8471words
Julianna
Jun 24, 2009 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids Who Like Mysteries
Another cute story in the A-Z Mysteries series, this one involving the kidnapping of a baby panda. It seemed like the suspects weren't set up quite as well as they were in some of the other books in the series, but it was still a fun read. I really enjoy reading these with my kids, and even though they are bit older than the target audience for the series, they still like them too.
Joshua
I liked it because it was funny because Flip took Winnie to a door and left her there. So Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose decided to talk to Tom Steele, Irene Napper and Flip Frances. Just then Josh decided to go to a place where Flip worked and went to the pool. Then Ruth Rose remembered that Flip probably wouldn't let them in. Dink remembered that he had the free pass. To be continued...
Bvlmc Buchanan Verplanck Elementary School
Mystery lovers will delight in the adventures of Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose as they track down each clue. In The Panda Puzzle, a baby panda has been stolen from the zoo and is being held for a million dollar ransom. Can our trio of detectives find the baby panda and alert authorities before the town goes broke trying to raise the necessary funds? Read on to find out.
Brenda
Love panda's, who doesn't? Green Lawn gets a mom and baby Panda donated to their petting zoo, but on the first day the mom charges the fence for unknown reasons..until its revealed her baby is gone, someone has kidnapped the baby and left a ransom note. I found this very enjoyable for a short-story kids book, any longer and it would have ruined it.
Meredith
Very quick read.
Sara
When a baby panda goes missing the culprit is a guy that works at a gym. They caught him and the baby panda goes back to it's rightful home. I recommend this book to those who love mysteries.
Sydney
When there's a new zoo in green lawn and the panda and her baby is there right when the zoo keepers put the baby and the mother panda in there cage the baby panda gets stolen

Gabriel
This book is amazing! It....it is so cool! It is in GREEN LAWN, Connecticut. They get locked in a coal cellar!
Angel
A good and Mystifying book, any mystery reader would enjoy reading this to their kids. I know I did.
Olivia
I didn't really get how this was a mystery but i liked it anyway.
Sophia
i like how this came together like a puzzle about a puzzle
Sloane
Jan 03, 2010 Sloane rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids of all ages
Recommended to Sloane by: myself
Talk about awesome! But all of Ron Roy's books are.
Elyce
The kids love Roy's A-Z mysteries. Usually 3rd graders.
Banana
This was one of my favorite A to Z mystery books!
Wakako Sugawara
The case is kind of coincidence.

Aya
incredibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Abigail
I really liked this book!
Neha Zope
cute and spectacular
Amanda
Joe loves these!
Brooke
My first A to Z. :)
  • Nate the Great and the Big Sniff
  • Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House, #22)
  • The Circus Scare (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #7)
  • The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)