Start by marking “Pooh's Little Instruction Book” as Want to Read:
Pooh's Little Instruction Book

Pooh's Little Instruction Book

Pooh, the Bear of Little Brain, has a perspective on things that is, to say the least, unique. This amusing little book offers suggestions and reminders on how to live a good life - Winnie-the-Pooh style.

On topics ranging from Teatime (Proper Teas are superior to Very Nearly Teas) to Tails (they're not just a Little Bit Extra at the back), the advice proffered here could o

Published February 1st 1995 by Dutton Juvenile (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Pooh's Little Instruction Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pooh's Little Instruction Book

Laura Verret
Jun 04, 2015 Laura Verret rated it it was amazing
My love for the Bear of Very Little Brain was only enhanced by this collection of the most valuable lessons learned throughout the course of his adventures. Priceless nuggets were included such as this...

"When looking at your two paws, as soon as you have decided which of them is the right one, then you can be sure the other one is the left."

and this

"When you're visiting a friend and you find that it is time for a little smackerel of something, try looking wistfully in the direction of the cupbo
Annie
Oct 14, 2010 Annie rated it did not like it
A.A. Milne is surely rolling in his grave. This book was written years after his death and isn't anything like the original Winnie the Pooh books (which consist of Winnie the Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner). Instead of an incredibly well written story as the real Winnie the Pooh books are this book consists of cheap phrases used to make money off of a book that few have even read.
Yana
Dec 26, 2016 Yana rated it really liked it
About 3.5 stars for me
While I never actually read any Winnie the Pooh books or watched any of the cartoons when I was a kid, this book has been sitting on a shelf in my house for as long as I can remember.
While I did flip through it from time to time, today was my first time reading every quote.
It definitely made me feel better, and I did learn a few very important things:
A. If you ever get stuck in a hole/door that was too tight- chances are you'll stay there for at least a week
B. A balloon i
southernmyst
Sep 25, 2012 southernmyst rated it it was amazing
An amusing, cute little illustrated coffee table book. We read ours in snippets, occassionally, after dinner. Some favorite quotes:

"People who don't Think probably don't have Brains; rather, they have grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake."

"When selecting a new bell-rope for your front door, make sure it isn't someone else's tail."

"When you are pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen, brush the honey off your nose and spruce yourself up as best you can, so as to look Read
Sharper1
Jun 01, 2013 Sharper1 rated it liked it
It was okay. A bit random, though. I think I was looking for it to be more along the lines of The Tao of Pooh so my expectations may have been too steep. I think it could have been way better with a more organized flow to it and more of the zen-y quotes.
Johanna
Jan 30, 2012 Johanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: misc
Kloka ord till stora som små!
Tori
Oct 04, 2008 Tori added it
Shelves: fiction
Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Action Packs) by A. A. Milne (1995)
DoctorM
Sep 30, 2010 DoctorM rated it really liked it
Shelves: philosophy
I always trust Pooh and Paddington Bear.
Mckinley
Apr 30, 2012 Mckinley rated it liked it
Small book ideas based on Winnie the Pooh.
Seth
Jul 10, 2008 Seth rated it really liked it
Rad. Very short but fun collection of Winnie the Pooh sound bites, but hilarious in its unconventional wisdom. Nice for a daily dose of one or two quotes.
Dewi
Nov 23, 2013 Dewi rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, in-english
Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.

Hubert
Mar 02, 2011 Hubert rated it it was amazing
Utterly delightful and aphoristic!
Sarah Davis
Feb 12, 2016 Sarah Davis rated it it was amazing
this is a cute little book with lots of advice for dealing with every day life :)
Becca
Becca rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2008
Mara Harrington
Feb 09, 2016 Mara Harrington rated it really liked it
Full of wisdom that applies to everyday life.
Kellen Smith
Kellen Smith rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014
Leander Linnhoff
Leander Linnhoff rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2011
Kaylie
Kaylie rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2010
Anita Kilgour
Anita Kilgour rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Ericka Miller
Ericka Miller rated it did not like it
May 13, 2014
Vicki Carbee
Vicki Carbee rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2009
Margaret
Margaret rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2008
Mandy White
Mandy White rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2014
Jacob
Jacob rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2012
Gretchen Vice
Gretchen Vice rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Christian
Christian rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2011
Chip
Chip rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2011
  • A Cherokee Feast of Days: Daily Meditations
  • I Hope You Dance [With I Hope You Dance CD]
  • World's Best Fairy Tales
  • Disney's Art of Animation #1
  • Pooh and the Philosophers: In Which It Is Shown That All of Western Philosophy Is Merely a Preamble to Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Lady and the Tramp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Apples of Gold
  • When I Was Small
  • The Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
  • Reasoning from the Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses
  • When I Loved Myself Enough
  • Masquerade at the Wells (Sadler's Wells, #4)
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • DailyOM: Inspirational Thoughts for a Happy, Healthy, and Fulfilling Day
  • The Children's Illustrated Bible
  • The Cheerios Play Book
  • The Smart Cookies Guide to Making More Dough: How to Spend Smart, Get Rich and Live a Fabulous Life
  • Miracles
Alan Alexander Milne (pronounced /ˈmɪln/) was an English author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various children's poems.

A. A. Milne was born in Kilburn, London, to parents Vince Milne and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School, 6/7 Mortimer Road (now Crescent), Kilburn, a small public school run by his father. One of his teac
More about A.A. Milne...

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” 22148 likes
“When carrying a jar of honey to give to a friend for his birthday, don't stop and eat it along the way.” 36 likes