Start by marking “The Western Guide to Feng Shui: Creating Balance, Harmony, and Prosperity in Your Environment” as Want to Read:

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  140 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
For thousands of years, the Chinese have used the principles of Feng Shui to enhance their lives. At last, these powerful techniques have been translated into this practical and thought provoking book for people in the western world, called The Western Guide to Feng Shui, Creating Balance, Harmony and Prosperity in Your Environment. In this comprehensive guide, acclaimed F ...more
nookbook (ebook), 0 pages
Published March 1st 1996

To ask other readers questions about The Western Guide to Feng Shui, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Western Guide to Feng Shui

Creative Choices
Jan 27, 2008 Creative Choices rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Please note the following review in part or in entirety is a copy of other reviews I have written on similar Feng Shui books.

Ok this is the longest Review I have written as I am very passionate about it due to my personal experience with it - so please bare with me. If you are interested in Feng Shui it may be worth the read.

I bought this book along with many others; (which I will lump together here and probably post this same review on each) when I knew nothing about Feng Shui except for the c
LemontreeLime
This was good. This probably explained the elemental cycle of the feng shui, the 'nourishing and controlling cycles of the five elements' better than any other book I've read on the subject. (ie: how water nurtures wood which feeds fire which makes earth which creates metal which holds water VS Wood consumes earth which dams water which extinguishes fire which melts metal which cuts wood... ect... ) I had never really considered this method of balancing things before, and i am curious as perhaps ...more
Sherry
Aug 22, 2009 Sherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the book that introduced me to feng shui. I really like this author's approach. Feng shui can get real complicated real fast, but she focuses on the simple principles and concepts. I also like the real life examples of people she has worked with.

It might sound like a lot of hogwash, but when you read this book, you realize that the concepts of feng shui really have to do with human nature and perception of environment rather than with superstition.

I always recommend this book to anyone i
Patty
Oct 11, 2013 Patty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even if you don't fully "believe in" feng shui, this book gets you thinking about how your environment affects you. I have to admit there are uncanny examples from my own home (e.g. our Wealth and Prosperity section is my husband's man cave, which is a disaster zone... and we've been broke for years!) At the very least, this book has inspired some ideas for where to place things in our new house and how to decorate with intention, rather than haphazardly.
Viktoria
Oct 04, 2013 Viktoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my Feng Shui teacher's original
publication. A modern western approach to Form Feng Shui. The yin approach to the yang origin of Feng Shui. All of Terah's books are excellent. Form Feng Shui can be accessed more easily than compass, flying stars, and the like. She stands among many excellent authors on this subject.
planetkimi
Somewhere in the second half of the book, I put it down and have realized after months that I'm probably not going to pick it back up! I'm keeping my copy because I did enjoy the first half of the book, and I believe that it is a good reference book.
Erika
Oct 02, 2008 Erika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book - I definitely recommend this book for anyone who wants to make positive changes in their life/work/home. It was GREAT - she gave good examples and descriptions. Fascinating stuff.
Sidney
Apr 19, 2008 Sidney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this when I first discovered Feng Shui. I particularly like this author and her approach. Many Feng Shui books are more 'eastern' in thought and her thoughts are much more compatible with mine.
Elyssa
Oct 04, 2007 Elyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enlightenment
This is the most accessible book I've read on the topic of feng shui. It provides guidelines that are easy to apply in your home and office.
Tori
The Western Guide to Feng Shui: Creating Balance, Harmony, and Prosperity in Your Environment (Feng Shui) by Terah Kathryn Collins (1996)
Michele
I liked her example stories. Her definitions and descriptions for the "placement" Feng Shui were clear and helpful.
Jessica Bennett
Jessica Bennett marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Gillian Bass
Gillian Bass rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Chuck
Chuck rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Jessica J Enman
Jessica J Enman rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Pam
Pam added it
May 23, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Rose Bays
Rose Bays rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Diana Nagy
Diana Nagy marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Lilly
Lilly marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Marci
Marci added it
Mar 27, 2016
Alexis Alfano
Alexis Alfano rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
NARITH
NARITH added it
Feb 15, 2016
Meril
Meril marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Stephanie  Clarkson
Stephanie Clarkson rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Ray
Ray added it
Feb 02, 2016
Alohagirl
Alohagirl marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Charley Girl
Charley Girl marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Interior Design with Feng Shui
  • The Practical Encyclopedia of Feng Shui: Understanding the Ancient Arts of Placement
  • Lillian Too's Easy-to-Use Feng Shui: 168 Ways to Success
  • The Little Vampire Meets Count Dracula
  • Organizing Your Craft Space
  • Creating Sacred Space With Feng Shui
  • The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers
  • Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction: 7 Essential Ingredients for Living a Prosperous Life
  • The Law of Attraction Das kosmische Gesetz hinter "the Secret"
  • Beyond Jennifer & Jason, Madison & Montana: What to Name Your Baby Now
  • Love Your Body
  • Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life: How to Use Feng Shui to Get Love, Money, Respect and Happiness
Terah Kathryn Collins is a best-selling author and the originator of Essential Feng Shui, which honors the essence of Feng Shui’s eastern heritage while focusing on many benefits it provides in today’s world. Her 6 inspirational books on the subject have sold over a million copies worldwide.

Terah’s first book, The Western Guide to Feng Shui, is filled with practical suggestions and inspiring befor
More about Terah Kathryn Collins...