Start by marking “Uneasy Lies The Head” as Want to Read:
Uneasy Lies The Head

Uneasy Lies The Head

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  2 reviews
It was on Friday, July 20, 1951, the second of two days that my grandfather and I were spending in Jerusalem, that tragedy, the cruelest of all teachers, helped to transform me from a boy into a man". Thus begins the author’s account of the assassination of his grandfather King Abdullah, and his explanation of how at his grandfather’s insistence that he, Hussein, wear a un ...more
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 306 pages
Published 1962 by Bernard Geis Associates

To ask other readers questions about Uneasy Lies The Head, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uneasy Lies The Head

Shirin
I looked up this book because I was interested to know what has happened to the house of Hashims, or Bani Hashim, the descendants of the Prophet Muhammad after Mecca was taken by the house of Saud.

This is an autobiography of King Hussein 1 of Jordan. It was easy to read and quite fascinating although I cannot help feeling tired after reading each escapade ...attempts on His Majesty's life and there were quite a few. I cannot imagine being His Majesty's shoes.

The story began quite care freely, th
Gundopush
It's a good book that covers the tumultuous early life and first few years of King Hussein's rule. The writing is warm, conversational, welcoming, and refreshingly unassuming.

Occasionally the book veers into self aggrandizement, but the tone is so casual, it tends not to come across as arrogant. It can be somewhat jarring for a Western reader (though I did spend a semester in Jordan) to read about a King talking about the importance of democracy.

Given the niche nature of the book; I am not sur
Oana Onija
Oana Onija marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Anja
Anja marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Yazan
Yazan added it
Jan 05, 2014
Hadil Zawahreh ∞
Hadil Zawahreh ∞ marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Mike Dugent
Mike Dugent marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Jclmmd
Jclmmd marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013
Nike Adegoke
Nike Adegoke marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Shouda
Shouda added it
May 31, 2013
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Leticia Osei
Leticia Osei marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Najib Hudhud
Najib Hudhud marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Ruba Sheikh Abdo
Ruba Sheikh Abdo marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Ala Arafat
Ala Arafat marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
King Hussein bin Talal (1935-1999)
(Arabic:الحسين بن طلال)

His Majesty King Hussein bin Talal, the father of modern Jordan, will always be remembered as a leader who guided his country through strife and turmoil to become an oasis of peace, stability and moderation in the Middle East. Among Jordanians, his memory is cherished as the inspiration for Jordan's climate of openness, tolerance and compass
More about Hussein I of Jordan...
My "War" with Israel Hussein of Jordan, 1935-1999: A Photographic History مهنتي كملك ليس سهلاً أن تكون ملكاً: سيرة ذاتية