Start by marking “Knit Together: Discover God's Pattern for Your Life” as Want to Read:
Knit Together: Discover God's Pattern for Your Life

Knit Together: Discover God's Pattern for Your Life

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  442 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Debbie Macomber calls KNIT TOGETHER
the project of her heart.
Whenever she speaks, her theme is
simple: don't be afraid to dream. God
created us for a reason, and when we
come to recognize our deepest longing,
we can discover His plan for our
lives. Full of encouragement and
divine empowerment for women,
the book centers around the Bible's
assurance that God knits each one of
us toge
Published August 21st 2007 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Knit Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit Together

Christina Jussaume
Knit Together

by Debbie Macomber

This book I did enjoy
Good advice she gives you
Bible verses inspired
I believe words were true

Spiritual essence grows
Read His word to know Him
Take baby steps toward goal
Do know God is not whim

He gives us all purpose
Unique patterns we are
We must realize our gifts
With His guidance go far

Knit together by God
Let him guide you on path
Pray to Him every day
Trust Him and show your faith
It is the only way

by Christina
Tracy
I wish there were a 6th star!

In her 1st non-fiction book, Debbie uses her amazing story-telling and intimate relational writing we're so accustomed to, to open up her heart and share her life. She does so in a way that makes me feel better and more hopeful about mine, with practical advice for moving forward and finding the pattern God has for me. Interwoven with scripture, it is encouraging and full of moments that poked my brain and hugged my heart. I am recommending this book to all my girlf
Poiema
Because I am coordinating a Christian women's retreat with the theme "Knit Together in Love," I scouted this book out for inspiration. I was not familiar with any of Debbie Macomber's Christian romance fiction prior to reading this book, but apparently she has enjoyed a good measure of success as an author. Romance is not my genre and I probably won't go on to read any of her other books, but THIS book was a solid and worthwhile read.

First, at the beginning of each chapter Debbie writes some sh
Amy
Assigned to read a book by Debbie Macomber for my book club, I chose this and was astounded by how much I enjoyed it. Macomber must be a wonderful woman, a Christian in the best sense of the world. I had the sense of chatting with a wise, warm grandmotherly figure the entire time I read it, and ended feeling like I could conquer anything if I just try hard enough and remember God's hand in my life.
Jo
a great book to remind us that God does have a plan for our lives and that it is up to choose HIm, and in so doing - choose the path... It was also just what I needed to remind myself that my timeline is not necessarily God's. I listened - and it was great road listening..
Sheila Roberts
I enjoy Debbie's fiction, but this is my favorite Debbie Macomber book. It's honest and engrossing - shows what a truly humble and giving person Debbie is. And the message is so uplifting. If you're looking for a good book to give someone special this might be it.
Lin Stepp
What a delightful find!!! … I read this while traveling to the island with my husband and we both thoroughly enjoyed Debbie Macomber's sharing of her life, advice for writing, and counsel for living a happy and successful life. Did you know she grew up with dyslexia and overcame it? … Did you know she was rejected as a writer again and again - but persisted around raising four children - until she would eventually see her dream to be an author come true? … And if you want inspiring advice for li ...more
Dawn
Loved this book. And the timing was perfect for setting my goals for the new year.
Terri
Love this, very helpful book .
Leslie North
A nice book on goal setting and life balance from a well-published Christian fiction author. There is a chapter on humor and she tells a very funny story. She does all sorts of adventures as part of the research for stories. One research trip was on a mail plane to Alaska. The pilot asks for her weight and she's very embarrassed and gives the weight that is on her driver's license. They load up and are taxing down the runway and even tho they are accelerating, they weren't getting into the air. ...more
Katie
Debbie's voice is clear throughout (which also makes it easy to peg if you would like it...if you don't like the first chapter I doubt you'd like the rest).

Her message is one of extreme positivity, and I felt like I was having a discussion with such a sweet, genuine woman with some excellent advice. Some of it is stuff you hear often, but we always need reminders of those things.

She said it was mostly put together by combining all of her speeches she's given over the years, and that would expla
Mary Kenyon
I have now officially read more of Macomber's non-fiction books than her fiction, and I love every one I have read. I think Debbie and I could sit across the table from each other, sipping tea and talking for hours. Love this author and her down-to-earth perspective.
Audrey
While I didn't agree with some things she said, it was a very interesting, thought provoking read.
Bluegal
This is a business inspiration book by a successful published writer who makes a living at it. I really like her down to earth approach. The tone is decidedly Christian, so be aware of that, and she's also a knitter -- non-knitters might not get her analogies.

If you are a Christian Knitter writer and mother looking for business inspiration (like me) you'll like this book. People like people like themselves, so yeah, while I'm not interested in her fiction, thie book grabbed me and I have used t
Amber
Knit Together is positively uplifting and encourages you not to give up on your dreams, but to pursue them with dignity, graciousness and laughter. Debbie offers many personal accounts of her route to success without sugarcoating anything, including her separation from her husband back in 1989. Once you finish reading the book, you’ll feel as though you know her personally. She’s like the best friend that tells you like it is and has your best interests at heart. I feel like a better person havi ...more
Jill
Jan 16, 2010 Jill rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Today's Christian Woman
Recommended to Jill by: bought for $1 from a used book bin
This book is written to today's Christian. Debbie brings to light the reasons God has created us: He created us for Purpose, for Dreams, for Risk, for Success, for Balance, for Relationships, for The Word, for Work, for Laughter, for Gratitude, for Blessing, for Worship, for Prayer. Debbie brings the reader on a journey to Discover God's Pattern for their life. She is a wonderful writer with a twist of humor. She certainly loves the Lord.
Lynn
Macomber gives tangible tips and tools to keep you focused on your dreams. She dosen't discount that life is full of events that can pull us away from our goals, but shows how you can stay in a spirit of purpose and gratitude all the time. Honestly, I am not a reader of her fiction books however I found Knitting Together excellent, and recommend to all who want tools to get their dreams moving to creation.
Lisa Hechesky
Basically like most of the books in this genre, the whole idea is that we were made for love, success, and good by God. Debbie Macomber tells of her struggles of dyslexia and trying to become a published author. There are a few ideas she suggests, like making a list of 30 people you would like to met, a list of people God brings in your life, and some goal-setting ideas.

Kari Trumbo
I liked this book, but I guess I expected there to be a favorite pattern or something hidden inside, and there wasn't. I did find out a lot more than I knew before about an author I hadn't ever bothered to read. I picked up a few of her other titles because of it. Romance is no longer my cuppa, but she writes a good yarn, and this book led me to her.
Loretta
This is an inspirational book. She captures the heart of what we are created for. She shares her experiences to get to the point. She shares her failures as well as her successes. She is succinct and humorous.
I marked the book all up!!!! It is one I will keep on my shelf and return to reread parts often.
Penny
I read this book along with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law. We used it as a study and shared comments weekly. We try to do studies together over email since we live miles and miles from one another. The book was good overall. Nothing "new" learned, but it is one of those good spiritual reminder books.
Phyllis
Mar 12, 2011 Phyllis rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: discussion groups
Recommended to Phyllis by: Linda Hoffman
Shelves: inspirational
This book was read in my church book study group. Many of the group love Debbie Macomber and were interested to see what this would be like. It was very thought provoking and lead to many interesting discussions. As with all of her writing there is humor, tears and thought provoking ideas.
Elizabeth
As a Christian Writer, this book made a big impact in how I look at my life as well as my passions and dreams. Debbie suggests tools to succeed in your God-given purpose through her own personal testimony shared throughout as well as through practical advice. This is a must-read!
Lisa Topp
This book is very intriging. I borrowed it from the library, and thought I could quick read through the end before it was due, but realized I just couldn't rush this book. I ordered my own copy so I can take my time, and will complete my review when I'm finished.
Ricka
It never ceases to amaze me how God will bring the right words into your life at the exact time you need them. I felt like Debbie Macomber had written this book just for me. Highly recommend this book to anyone seeking out their purpose.
Kathy Maher
I loved the book and the message she was giving...but by the end I feel she was getting "too preachy". I have a very strong faith and I was beginning to feel that at the end it was her way or no way...but up till the end I LOVED IT.
Michele Minor
This is a good inspirational book with a Christian perspective to it. Debbie also tells about her struggles early on when she was starting out as a writer and that we are put on this earth for a purpose.
Mirian
I didn't know what the book was about sinceI haven't read the description, and I was pleasantly surprised. A little bit like of an autobiography, with lots of practical Christian advice....thank you Debbie.
Patti
This is an amazing book - one which I will be reading again. It helped me to have everything broken down into steps. I love that Debbie is so open about her life and her faith.
Lisa Mooney
I liked this book. It really spoke to me about some things I've had on my mind lately. I purchased it years ago but had never gotten around to reading it. Glad I read it now.
  • Praying in Color: Drawing a New Path to God
  • Conflict Free Living: How to Build Healthy Relationships for Life
  • Become a Better You Daily Readings
  • Sensational Knitted Socks
  • Knitting on the Road
  • Blood Covenant
  • Big Book of Knitting
  • Lord, I Want to Be Whole: The Power of Prayer and Scripture in Emotional Healing
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark
  • The Knitter's Companion
  • The Day I Was Crucified: As Told by Jesus Christ
  • 2-at-a-Time Socks: Revealed Inside. . . The Secret of Knitting Two at Once on One Circular Needle Works for any Sock Pattern!
  • At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much
  • Try Dying
  • When God Doesn't Make Sense
  • No Sheep for You
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • When Christ Comes

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)