Start by marking “Lying Eyes” as Want to Read:
Lying Eyes

Lying Eyes (The Daughters Of Cosmo Fortune #1)

No-nonsense jewelry designer Iris Fortune yearns for a normal life. But life as Vegas magician Cosmo Fortune's daughter is anything but normal, especially since dear old Dad is also a scam artist. When Cosmo's latest scheme goes awry and he pulls a real-life disappearing act, Iris is left holding the bag.

Now Iris must be a master of illusion—play the poised partner to her
ebook
Published November 15th 2010 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lying Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lying Eyes

Book Utopia
There is so much going on in this romantic suspense, it’s almost tough to know where to start. The premise at the beginning is simple enough. Mickey, a hired thug, snatches Cosmo, an aging magician, because he hasn’t followed through on his end of a corrupt business deal. It’s up to Mickey to find the gems Cosmo was supposed to turn over, except Cosmo manages to get away. Mickey then goes to Cosmos’s daughter Iris, the owner of a jewelry store at the Bellagio, to see if she knows anything. Iris ...more
Aimee
Mar 15, 2011 Aimee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This was more than I thought it was going to be. I was expecting a light romantic suspense novel. It wasn't very light. It was very well detailed and orchestrated that I lost myself in the pages. Cosmos was such an interesting character that you couldn't help but love the old goon and you couldn't help but be intrigued when following Iris and watch her wake up out of a dull life and really begin to live.

I haven't really read a mystery in ages, preferring romances almost exclusively these days. B
Misty
Nov 17, 2010 Misty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truth is an illusion in this romantic suspense by Amy Atwell. The hunt for ten million dollars worth of jewels brings out the good guys, the bad guys and a set of sisters who are unstoppable when it comes to taking care of themselves and each other.

Cosmo Fortune is a magician and con man working every angle in Las Vegas. He’s stolen a set of historical gems from the Russians in order to double cross a Vegas businessman known as The Boss…and gotten himself into hot water with The Boss, the local
Judi
Jan 02, 2011 Judi rated it it was amazing
Lying Eyes...They’re watching You.

Lying Eyes was like reading a madcap, action-adventure story featuring the Fortunes of Las Vegas led by the slippery and elusive magician, master of disguise and patriarch Cosmo Fortune. He was at the epicentre of all things good and bad happening in this book.

Iris Fortune, jewellery designer by trade, is the calm, cool and collected eldest daughter of Cosmo Fortune. But she's kinda written off dear ole dad, who’s never really been a part of her life...until he
Habrewer
Dec 02, 2010 Habrewer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lying Eyes by Amy Atwell has something for everyone, there’s romance, intrigue and adventure. The story is set in Las Vegas where what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, unless it involves stolen famous Russian gems. Cosmos Fortune has a habit of getting himself into trouble with his adventures. He’s used to it but he never expected to involve his three daughters.

Iris Fortune runs Lying Eyes, a jewelry store that she inherited from her mother. She has a nice orderly life, until Mickey the jewel th
LP King
Nov 24, 2011 LP King rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back when I purchased Amy Atwell's Lying Eyes, I had every intention of completing the book within a week. At about the 25% mark, I quit reading. Perhaps there were too many viewpoint changes in the first five chapters. All the main characters, and several supporting ones, get their chance to reveal their mindsets and some of their motivations.

Recently, I picked up the story again where I left off last winter. From the 25% location, the storytelling responsibility shifts predominantly to Iris Fo
Tara Chevrestt
This is not a bad book. I enjoyed the mystery, the tidbits about rare alexandria gems and the historical connection to the Romanovs. I also liked the main heroine, Iris and the way the rabbit, Edgar kept popping up and tying into the story.

They mystery: Iris's dad, Cosmo, a Vegas magician, goes missing and with him goes ten million in rare gems. Why did he take them? Who hired him to do so? Where is he? Where are the gems? A sexy undercover cop named Mickey is going to help Iris get to the bott
Jill James
Nov 05, 2010 Jill James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy Atwell has penned an awesome debut novel. Lying Eyes is not a cookie-cutter book. The characters are full-fleshed, 3-dimensional, and funny. From Cosmo the missing magician dad to Edgar the bunny the laughs never end and the action is non-stop. Iris Fortune, daughter of Cosmo has what she thinks is the perfect, calm, non-excitement life. Until Mickey Kincaid, jewel thief extraordinaire drops in. He wrecks havoc on Iris's calm life and brings her a thrill where she didn't know it was missing. ...more
Robin Covington
Nov 21, 2010 Robin Covington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy Atwell's debut novel reminded me of classic romantic comedies. I'm talking about the "real" classics with Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews - tales from a time when people really knew how to tell a story.

Amy knows how to tell a story.

Set in Sin City, this novel has it all jewels, mobsters, con men, rabbits, the Bellagio, a sexy redhead and an even sexier dark-haired man named Mickey - swoon.

I couldn't put this book down until I finished it and then my next thoug
Edie Ramer
Nov 21, 2010 Edie Ramer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who likes a good book.
I was captivated by this book from the first line to the last. This smart caper book has romance, humor, unexpected sisters, a con man father who loves all three of his daughters, and a very cute bunny. The writing, the plot, and the characters are all brilliant. I would love to see LYING EYES as a movie.
Angi Morgan
Oct 28, 2010 Angi Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome debut book. Cosmo Fortune's daughters are a MUST read for everyone. Sexy. Smart. Witty. Hunky. Can't say enough about this book. Buy it November 15th!!
Cathy
The story opens with a bad guy who might just be a good guy, a con man magician and an ovresized rabbit. What's not to love?
Annemarie Nikolaus
I read this book laughing and weeping. Could not lay it down, after I'd begun. It has all yo wih from a book.
I look forward tothe enxt stories about Cosmo#s daughters
NovelReaction
Iris Fortune has finally built for herself the kind of life that she wants, not one that includes her charming but Con Artist father Cosmo when Cosmo disappears, leaving Iris in charge of his rabbit, Edgar, and wrapped up in his world again. Lying Eyes is the debut novel by Amy Atwell and begins the Daughters of Cosmo trilogy. Not only does Iris find herself caring for the overweight spoiled magician’s rabbit Edgar, Mickey the con man is popping in and out of her house searching for Cosmo and Ir ...more
Cleffairy
Published on: The Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 8th Feb 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=113

Looking for a thrilling romance that will surely leave you breathless with adrenaline rush? Well, this is just the book for you. Lying Eyes by Amy Atwell is all you could ask for if you’re looking for a fast-paced romance with suspense interwoven in it. Brilliant story, and the book will make a perfect read for a boring, rainy Sunday.

Highly recommended to those who love fast-paced stories inst
Sandra
Jan 02, 2011 Sandra rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was intriguing and so much fun to read. We are going to see a lot more from this author.
Michelle Diener
Michelle Diener rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2010
Senora
Senora rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Natalie Damschroder
Natalie Damschroder rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2011
Kelsey Browning
Kelsey Browning rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Elisabeth Staab
Elisabeth Staab rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2011
Kelsey Browning
Kelsey Browning rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2011
Walt
Walt rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2011
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2017
Jerrie Alexander
Jerrie Alexander rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2011
Nena Clements
Nena Clements rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2011
Melissa Cutler
Melissa Cutler rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2012
Marissa Garner
Marissa Garner rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
D
D rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2011
I'm a storyteller at heart. After fifteen years in professional theater, I turned from the stage to the page to write fiction. It's been a journey honing my craft in this new medium, but my debut novel LYING EYES was a November 2010 release from Carina Press. I followed that in June 2011 with AMBERSLEY, a Regency historical romance. As a reader, I love contemporary and historical tales that combin ...more
More about Amy Atwell...