Sacrifice

Sacrifice

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the kingdom of Arah, many upperclass families adhere to a custom called “sacrifice”, where a younger sibling is offered as entertainment to suitors to entice them into making an offer for the hand of an elder daughter. While it is far more common for the sacrifice to be female, male sacrifices are not unheard of. And although few will publicly admit it, it is recognized...more
Published (first published December 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

Riayl
Seregil
Mar 25, 2014 Seregil rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
I liked the story, but I like this author's other books more. This one seems intendended as more of a MM romance, but there is something impersonal about how the characters are presented to the reader. The style is otherwise perfect for her fantasy stories (where the sex happens offstage).
Very interesting (and kind of creepy) alternate universe. It kept making me think of India - with the arranged marriages, strange casts and some descriptions of the clothes (the tunics + pants combination)
Kashii
I enjoyed this mostly because of haniel he didnt lethimself become a victim who needed saving he saved himself and even managed to find love.
kasjo_peja
Tutu
I kind of, sorta read the spoiler reviews and I know I'll never read this so...safe bet, remove it from my tbr, create a new shelf :(
Cdmr9816
Cdmr9816 marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Roseblack
Roseblack marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Trix
Trix marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Fall of the Dragon King Concubine The Wizard of Bright Isle The Royal Wizard Hostage