Start by marking “Sacrifice” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice

Sacrifice

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
In the kingdom of Arah, many upperclass families adhere to a custom called “sacrifice”, where a younger sibling is offered as entertainment to suitors to entice them into making an offer for the hand of an elder daughter. While it is far more common for the sacrifice to be female, male sacrifices are not unheard of. And although few will publicly admit it, it is recognized ...more
Published (first published December 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

Riayl
Seregil
Mar 25, 2014 Seregil rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
I liked the story, but I like this author's other books more. This one seems intendended as more of a MM romance, but there is something impersonal about how the characters are presented to the reader. The style is otherwise perfect for her fantasy stories (where the sex happens offstage).
Very interesting (and kind of creepy) alternate universe. It kept making me think of India - with the arranged marriages, strange casts and some descriptions of the clothes (the tunics + pants combination)
Fi Brit
Nov 25, 2014 Fi Brit rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story. Definitely not your typical rent boy/damsel in distress story. The premise was clever and the idea that it was socially acceptable for a family to prostitute one of it's own was rather chilling.
I would have given a higher rating if the author was even a little better at writing sex scenes. They were a distinct flat spot and rather spoiled the pace of the story.
Kashii
Mar 15, 2014 Kashii rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this mostly because of haniel he didnt lethimself become a victim who needed saving he saved himself and even managed to find love.
Kristy Maitz
Nov 20, 2014 Kristy Maitz rated it it was ok
It was interesting reading material.
kasjo_peja
Tutu
I kind of, sorta read the spoiler reviews and I know I'll never read this so...safe bet, remove it from my tbr, create a new shelf :(
Ginette
Ginette marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Ebby
Ebby marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Dustin Scott
Dustin Scott marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Eileen
Eileen rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Courtney Alston
Courtney Alston rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Roxie
Roxie is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2015
Jane
Jane added it
Sep 05, 2015
Jessy
Jessy rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2015
Silver
Silver rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Nana
Nana marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Shelby
Shelby rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2015
Sumire-chan
Sumire-chan rated it liked it
May 01, 2015
Yukura Kuran
Yukura Kuran rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Lara
Lara rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Wendy Woolley
Wendy Woolley rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015