97 Ways to Train a Dragon (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #9)

97 Ways to Train a Dragon (Dragon Slayers' Academy #9)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Wiglaf's supposed to be a dragon slayer, but he's more like a dragon babysitter when he finds a baby dragon and decides to keep it! Back in his first new adventure in four years, Wiglaf is as funny and appealing as ever. In keeping with the reissue of the original books in the series, the ninth book is 112 pages long and includes a hilarious bonus yearbook section that wil...more
ebook, for the Nook ereader, 112 pages
Published September 15th 2003 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about 97 Ways to Train a Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 97 Ways to Train a Dragon

Dolly
Oct 05, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the ninth book in the Dragon Slayers' Academy series by Kate McMullan. Our girls have been reading a few different dragon stories and so this series piqued their interest.

One series we've been reading (the Dragon Keepers series by Kate Klimo) paints the dragon as the hero and the slayer in a bad light. But while this series gives us more of a typical look at dragons and their slayers, this book is very similar, as Wiglaf and Angus become dragon keepers, at least for a bit.

The story cen...more
Williamh
Tonia
This is book #9 of the Dragon Slayer's Academy series. Wiglaf and Angus (very strange character names in this book) find a baby dragon egg while picking up trash for the Master. Instead of making scrambled dragon eggs they decide to keep it. It hatches and they call it "Worm". It's very funny what they encounter with the dragon and all the things they think to teach it (97 wawys to be exact).
Jen
Kaulin
My favorite part was when Angus & Wiglaf found the dragon egg. Because they wanted to take care of it. I wish I could take care of an egg, even a robin egg!
Jorden
I liked this book, it was interesting, and funny. Would be good to have in classroom for independent reading.
Payton
Angus and Wiglaf find a egg and decide to keep it.This story got my atention and was pretty good.
Sydney
i like the part when Wiglaf and his friend Angus finds a dragon egg and takes it in at Dsa.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
This book was funny when Mordred thought he was hearing and seeing things at school. J.R.
Norene
Nathan has read this book at least 2-3 times. Isaac liked this book too.
P.n.m
This is my favorite book in this series.Really cooooool!
Sylvia
Dragon slayer's academy.
Rebecca
Soren this was real funny.
Cws
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Jeslyn
Jeslyn marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Christopher Maxwell
Christopher Maxwell marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Leo
Leo added it
Jul 25, 2014
Olti Gashi
Olti Gashi marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
I Stink! The New Kid at School (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #1) Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania, #1) Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2) I'm Dirty!