Start by marking “Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2: New Faces of Fantasy” as Want to Read:
Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2: New Faces of Fantasy

Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2: New Faces of Fantasy (Horror, Humor, and Heroes #2)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Meet the New Faces of Fantasy - Inside are thirteen stories handpicked to entertain, amuse, and provoke from the editor who brought you the original Horror, Humor, and Heroes. Follow the exploits of a young man bent on avenging his murdered brother on the eve of destruction. Visit a magical competition where no one can be trusted. Watch as reluctant heroes, such as a warri...more
Published December 4th 2010 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2

René Olivo
This book was such a drag to read. I kept putting it off and off and that's not supposed to happen! Barely half the stories presented here are worth reading.

"Pest Control" was a good start.
"Maiden Quest" was meh.
"Forever Young" had an interesting narration, but was unsurprising.
"Boomerang" was enjoyable for me, but I guess this is a biased opinion because of Shadowrun.

The next 3 titles really, really made me mad: "Fate's Apprentice", "The Quantum Garage Mechanic" and "Upon Chrystal Shores".

"...more
Karissa
I got a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. For the most part I enjoyed the book. It is a solid collection of stories with a good mix between classic fantasy and urban fantasy.

My favorites of this bunch were Boomerang by Matthew Schocke (a story about a mage that takes on an evil lab) this story had wonderful action scenes and a great array of characters. I also really enjoyed Fate's Apprentice by Brian James, a story about some apprentice mages competing. The Wil...more
Fiona
In the interests of full disclosure: I bought this book primarily for one story, that being 'The Wild Fields' by Susan Nance Carhart, who I know slightly through a shared hobby.

So far I have only read that one story, which is a wonderfully rich, evocative tale based around the myths and legends of Kievan Russian. It is well written, and pleasantly reminiscent of fairy tales I read as a child. Highly recommended.
Arjen Schwarz
A collection of short stories by mostly new authors, this book manages to provide an interesting mix of several types of fantasy and horror and while I didn't like all the individual stories, overall I think it was a nice read.
Ketch
A collection of original and engaging short stories, the stories are well written and I would love to see some of the concepts explored as full length novels. Thoroughly enjoyable, would read again.
Errel Braude
Errel Braude marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jc cheek
Jc cheek marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Holden
Holden marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Matthew Legaspi
Matthew Legaspi marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Yak
Yak marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jim lives in Chesapeake, Virginia with his wife Kim, and daughters Laura and Marissa. By day, he works as a Systems Administrator on a government contract and runs his own side Information Technology consulting firm, EJB Networking, which can be found at www.ejbnetworking.com

Blessed (or cursed depending on your point of view) with an overactive imagination, Jim has long been a fan of Science Ficti...more
More about Jim Bernheimer...
Confessions of a D-List Supervillain Pennies for the Ferryman (Dead Eye #1) The Skinwalker Conspiracies (Dead Eye #2) Origins of a D-List Supervillain Rider (Spirals of Destiny #1)