Start by marking “Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2: New Faces of Fantasy” as Want to Read:
Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2: New Faces of Fantasy

Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2: New Faces of Fantasy (Horror, Humor, and Heroes #2)

Meet the New Faces of Fantasy - Inside are thirteen stories handpicked to entertain, amuse, and provoke from the editor who brought you the original Horror, Humor, and Heroes. Follow the exploits of a young man bent on avenging his murdered brother on the eve of destruction. Visit a magical competition where no one can be trusted. Watch as reluctant heroes, such as a warri ...more
Published December 4th 2010 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horror, Humor, and Heroes Volume 2

Karissa
Jan 02, 2011 Karissa rated it really liked it
I got a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. For the most part I enjoyed the book. It is a solid collection of stories with a good mix between classic fantasy and urban fantasy.

My favorites of this bunch were Boomerang by Matthew Schocke (a story about a mage that takes on an evil lab) this story had wonderful action scenes and a great array of characters. I also really enjoyed Fate's Apprentice by Brian James, a story about some apprentice mages competing. The Wil
René Olivo
Aug 14, 2013 René Olivo rated it it was ok
This book was such a drag to read. I kept putting it off and off and that's not supposed to happen! Barely half the stories presented here are worth reading.

"Pest Control" was a good start.
"Maiden Quest" was meh.
"Forever Young" had an interesting narration, but was unsurprising.
"Boomerang" was enjoyable for me, but I guess this is a biased opinion because of Shadowrun.

The next 3 titles really, really made me mad: "Fate's Apprentice", "The Quantum Garage Mechanic" and "Upon Chrystal Shores".

"
Fiona
Jan 02, 2011 Fiona rated it really liked it
In the interests of full disclosure: I bought this book primarily for one story, that being 'The Wild Fields' by Susan Nance Carhart, who I know slightly through a shared hobby.

So far I have only read that one story, which is a wonderfully rich, evocative tale based around the myths and legends of Kievan Russian. It is well written, and pleasantly reminiscent of fairy tales I read as a child. Highly recommended.
Ketch
Jun 11, 2012 Ketch rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A collection of original and engaging short stories, the stories are well written and I would love to see some of the concepts explored as full length novels. Thoroughly enjoyable, would read again.
Arjen Schwarz
Mar 01, 2011 Arjen Schwarz rated it liked it
A collection of short stories by mostly new authors, this book manages to provide an interesting mix of several types of fantasy and horror and while I didn't like all the individual stories, overall I think it was a nice read.
William Stepp
William Stepp rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Ralyn Longs
Ralyn Longs rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Mk
Mk rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Abby Deland
Abby Deland rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2014
Harry Breitenbach
Harry Breitenbach rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Vaughan Scott
Vaughan Scott rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2013
David
David rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Chris Fitzgerald
Chris Fitzgerald rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2017
Guillermo Chavez
Guillermo Chavez rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Maureen McMichael
Maureen McMichael rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2015
John Rose
John Rose rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Madison Keller
Madison Keller rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Keith
Keith rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Srikanth
Srikanth rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Colin Craib
Colin Craib rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Leanne Micciche
Leanne Micciche rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Nick Kuras
Nick Kuras rated it really liked it
May 05, 2011
josh Pipkin
josh Pipkin rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2014
Rosanna Vastakis
Rosanna Vastakis rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Alex Lyman
Alex Lyman rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2013
Pamela Lamphear
Pamela Lamphear rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2013
GimpsUnlimited
GimpsUnlimited rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015
Jay Sandlin
Jay Sandlin rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Jim lives in Chesapeake, Virginia with his wife Kim, and daughters Laura and Marissa. By day, he works as a Systems Administrator on a government contract and runs his own side Information Technology consulting firm, EJB Networking, which can be found at www.ejbnetworking.com

Blessed (or cursed depending on your point of view) with an overactive imagination, Jim has long been a fan of Science Ficti
More about Jim Bernheimer...

Horror, Humor, and Heroes (4 books)
  • Horror, Humor, and Heroes