Start by marking “Love's Bright Flame” as Want to Read:
Love's Bright Flame

Love's Bright Flame

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  1 rating  ·  2 reviews
JOYFUL FULFILLING PASSION
Henry turned slowly as Eleanor entered the great hall. His gray eyes widened, fixed on her. Springlike in white and green, her slender body swaying as she walked, she came toward him, hands outstretched.

He had hoped for a private meeting at the first, hungry to touch and kiss her.

He sprang forward and caught her hands, drew them close in a fierce c
Published April 28th 1978 by Playboy Paperbacks (first published February 9th 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Love's Bright Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Bright Flame

Karla
Holland (aka Charlotte Lamb) writes a straight-forward account of Eleanor of Aquitaine's life, from just before her marriage to Louis VII to the moment she is sprung from captivity by her newly-crowned lapdog son Richard.

The story, more than half, is her life with Louis, while her marriage to Henry is quickly bounced over in a series of highlights. This surprised me, since it's the Henry era that seems to be the most famous and written about. Louis was a crybaby most of the time, but he still ca
Willow
Mar 03, 2013 Willow marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medical-history
Okay, so I put this book on hold on the inner library loan, thinking, wow, really, Charlotte Lamb (aka Sheila Holland) wrote a book on Eleanor of Aquitaine? Yay! I must check this out. But my library cancelled it, saying that they already had the book. They gave me this The Secret Eleanor.

I'm pretty sure Sheila Holland and Cecelia Holland are not the same author. Now I’m wondering if this book really exists or is it a mix up.

Dendera
Dendera marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Sarah added it
Sep 25, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
May 05, 2012
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Crazy
Crazy added it
Feb 03, 2011
Sheila Ann Mary Coates Holland
aka Sheila Holland, Sheila Coates, Charlotte Lamb, Sheila Lancaster, Victoria Woolf, Laura Hardy

Sheila Ann Mary Coates was born on 1937 in Essex, England, just before the Second World War in the East End of London. As a child, she was moved from relative to relative to escape the bombings of World War II. Sheila attended the Ursuline Convent for Girls. On leaving scho
More about Sheila Holland...
Secrets Miss Charlotte's Folly The Merchant's Daughter Dancing Hill Woman of Iron