Start by marking “The Mystery of the Missing Man (The Five Find-Outers, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Missing Man (The Five Find-Outers, #13)

The Mystery of the Missing Man (The Five Find-Outers #13)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  1,348 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
A children's whodunnit featuring the five Find-Outers, who think they are in for a boring time in the village - that is until a convict escapes and a mystery that needs solving presents itself, thanks to a travelling fair and a conference of beetle lovers.
Published September 4th 2003 by Egmont Books Ltd (first published 1956)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Missing Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Missing Man

alheyam
May 10, 2016 alheyam rated it it was ok
مطابقة لقصص المغامرون الخمسة ...
Sahil (w7)
Apr 02, 2008 Sahil (w7) rated it it was amazing
It was a thumbs-up story.
Sahin
Oct 16, 2016 Sahin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great read with a spooky mystery that hooks you in. This book has a lot of suspense.
Cici Lestari
Sep 20, 2016 Cici Lestari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Misteri Penyamar Ulung" merupakan salah satu karya Enid Blyton yang terbaik, kalau gak salah saya baru baca buku ini sekitar tahun 2004 dan langsung saja Enid Blyton menjadi pengarang novel favorit saya ^_^.
ceritanya tentang Fatty, Pip, Larry, Desy dan Beth yang berusaha membantu Komisaris Jenk menemukan seorang buronan berbahaya yang berhasil kabur dari tahanan, mereka sudah tahu ciri - ciri buronan itu diantaranya berupa bekas luka di atas bibir, tulang-tulang tangan yang bertonjolan, tinggi
Kelly Pua
Dec 14, 2014 Kelly Pua rated it liked it
Spoilers obviously. I DON'T see how you can write a full book review without revealing anything.

Okay. Do you hear me at the background screaming it's so obvious? The moment the old lady got introduced?

I suppose it is for kids where its lots of suspense for them and stuff and I'm more in the teens category. Nope. Really shouldn't be judging it harshly.

Anyway, what I liked about it, goes for the series, is that although very repetitive throughout the book, for example like waiting for Fatty to c
Mike
Jan 31, 2014 Mike rated it liked it
Shelves: not-bad
I am enjoying re-reading my favourite Enid Blyton series 40 years on. It strikes me now just how shadowy Pip, Larry and Daisy are in these stories. Bets has a little more to say but it is really all about Fatty. I note that their home of Peterswood is near Marlow but the the real Peterswood is actually near Harlow. The real life places of Maidenhead and Bucks also get mentioned. Fatty's running in 1956 is referred to as 'cross country running' but on page 70 his action is described as 'jog-jog-j ...more
Kirsti
Nov 17, 2012 Kirsti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fatty unexpectedly plays the role of the villain in this one, at least for a while. Inspector Jenks has grown to trust Fatty and the others, and lets them in on the mystery early, so they set off at once. They can't seem to find the missing man though, just a dirty old woman and her grown up children. How will they solve this mystery? And will they be able to with that horrible girl tagging along? Find out for yourself! :)
Shoun Sandhu
Nov 13, 2012 Shoun Sandhu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This mystery is about an escaped prisoner .It was a mystery because nobody knew the whereabouts of the escaped .I liked it because I was curious to know the whereabouts of the escaped prisoner.The part I liked was when one of the character asked a stupid question to another character.I liked that part because it was funny.
Dixin
Mar 29, 2008 Dixin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is really very nice. It is about 5 people and a dog. They are very good at solving mystreies. They always solve the mystrey before the village police man, Mr Goon. If you want to read, it would be better to start reading from book no.1.(It would be better)
Maurizio (matemati)
Jul 07, 2011 Maurizio (matemati) rated it really liked it
Ma tu guarda! Ho trovato questo libro per caso al supermercato, e mi sono ricordato di quello che fu il mio primo 'giallo per ragazzi' in assoluto, prima ancora della collana Mondadori. Faceva parte di questa serie, che penso non sia stata tradotta tutta in italiano.
Mel
Received a slip case o'mystery of ... books when i was a child. Loved Enid Blyton - but this range of books seems less avaiable now than the secret seven and famous five type. Watched those ones on the telly but couldn't get into the books
Alma
Feb 24, 2011 Alma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Read this as part of a German 3-story compilation of Enid Blyton's Five Found-Outers and a Dog. I still have that thing somwhere.
Mira Afianti
Feb 06, 2012 Mira Afianti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
seri pasukan mau tahu sukses membangun imajinasi masa kecil saya.
tipikal buku yang harus dibaca oleh anak saya kelak :D
Rahmadiyanti
Ah, masa kecil...
Anna
Jul 26, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
Just remembered that I've read it back in don't-even-remember-which-year...I guess it was the 1st book I've read by myself.
Indah Threez Lestari
70 - 2015
Devi Balfas
I don't think this book is good enough 'cause in this series Fatty just too slow to realize that Mrs. Fangio is the one he was looking for, geez but I still love this book tho.
Irna Gayatri D. Ardiansyah
Ini kisah detektif yang pertama kali bisa saya tebak!
Zeina Moubarak
Zeina Moubarak rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2014
neverbereplaced
neverbereplaced rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2014
Rahul
Rahul rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
stargazerpuj
stargazerpuj rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2007
Eva
Eva rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2011
Neilabh
Neilabh rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Shyam
Shyam rated it really liked it
May 05, 2014
Renju
Renju rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2017
vaishnavi
vaishnavi rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2016
Yankinglibrary Luk
Yankinglibrary Luk rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Ayushi
Ayushi rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2017
Vidushi
Vidushi rated it did not like it
Apr 17, 2015
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • Der Trotzkopf
  • Tic-Tac-Terror (Hardy Boys, #74)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Wants to Win (The Naughtiest Girl, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of Monster Mountain (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #20)
  • Closer Than Ever (Two of a Kind, #25)
  • The Mystery of the Rogues' Reunion (The Three Investigators, #40)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

The Five Find-Outers (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage (The Five Find-Outers, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Disappearing Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Secret Room (The Five Find-Outers, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Spiteful Letters (The Five Find-Outers, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Necklace (The Five Find-Outers, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Hidden House (The Five Find-Outers, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Invisible Thief (The Five Find-Outers, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Vanished Prince (The Five Find-Outers, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Strange Bundle (The Five Find-Outers, #10)