The Mystery of the Missing Man (The Five Find-Outers, #13)

The Mystery of the Missing Man (The Five Find-Outers #13)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  795 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A children's whodunnit featuring the five Find-Outers, who think they are in for a boring time in the village - that is until a convict escapes and a mystery that needs solving presents itself, thanks to a travelling fair and a conference of beetle lovers.
Published September 4th 2003 by Egmont Books Ltd (first published 1956)

Mike Chaston
I am enjoying re-reading my favourite Enid Blyton series 40 years on. It strikes me now just how shadowy Pip, Larry and Daisy are in these stories. Bets has a little more to say but it is really all about Fatty. I note that their home of Peterswood is near Marlow but the the real Peterswood is actually near Harlow. The real life places of Maidenhead and Bucks also get mentioned. Fatty's running in 1956 is referred to as 'cross country running' but on page 70 his action is described as 'jog-jog-j...more
Kirsti
Fatty unexpectedly plays the role of the villain in this one, at least for a while. Inspector Jenks has grown to trust Fatty and the others, and lets them in on the mystery early, so they set off at once. They can't seem to find the missing man though, just a dirty old woman and her grown up children. How will they solve this mystery? And will they be able to with that horrible girl tagging along? Find out for yourself! :)
Shoun Sandhu

This mystery is about an escaped prisoner .It was a mystery because nobody knew the whereabouts of the escaped .I liked it because I was curious to know the whereabouts of the escaped prisoner.The part I liked was when one of the character asked a stupid question to another character.I liked that part because it was funny.
Maurizio (matemati)
Ma tu guarda! Ho trovato questo libro per caso al supermercato, e mi sono ricordato di quello che fu il mio primo 'giallo per ragazzi' in assoluto, prima ancora della collana Mondadori. Faceva parte di questa serie, che penso non sia stata tradotta tutta in italiano.
Dixin
This book is really very nice. It is about 5 people and a dog. They are very good at solving mystreies. They always solve the mystrey before the village police man, Mr Goon. If you want to read, it would be better to start reading from book no.1.(It would be better)
Mel
Received a slip case o'mystery of ... books when i was a child. Loved Enid Blyton - but this range of books seems less avaiable now than the secret seven and famous five type. Watched those ones on the telly but couldn't get into the books
Alma
Read this as part of a German 3-story compilation of Enid Blyton's Five Found-Outers and a Dog. I still have that thing somwhere.
Anna
Jul 26, 2013 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Just remembered that I've read it back in don't-even-remember-which-year...I guess it was the 1st book I've read by myself.
Mira Afianti
seri pasukan mau tahu sukses membangun imajinasi masa kecil saya.
tipikal buku yang harus dibaca oleh anak saya kelak :D
Nadia
Interesting book for young people but a bit boring at times because there is not much suspense
Irna Gayatri D. Ardiansyah
Ini kisah detektif yang pertama kali bisa saya tebak!
Sahil (w7)
It was a thumbs-up story.
Blythe
Great book
Marie
Marie added it
Jul 12, 2014
Mariam
Mariam marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Sunil Wattamwar
Sunil Wattamwar marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Karthika Warrier
Karthika Warrier marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Saiqa
Saiqa added it
Jun 14, 2014
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • Der Trotzkopf
  • The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29)
  • The Mystery of the Rogues' Reunion (The Three Investigators, #40)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • Uma Aventura no Carnaval (Uma Aventura, #24)
  • The Girl Who Couldn't Remember (Nancy Drew, #91)
  • Die Kinder aus Bullerbü
  • Secrets at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #11)
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw...more
More about Enid Blyton...
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)