Start by marking “Cowboy Ninja Viking Volume 2 (Cowboy Ninja Viking, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Ninja Viking Volume 2 (Cowboy Ninja Viking, #2)

Cowboy Ninja Viking Volume 2 (Cowboy Ninja Viking #2)

International intrigue! Black market nukes! And a Cowboy Ninja Viking that's gone missing! Sent on a covert mission that takes the triplets from Bangkok to Russia and to the high seas, alliances are made and broken as the truth of their mission is slowly uncovered. Duncan, Ghislain, Nix, Grear, and everyone's favorite gladiator-pirate-oceanographer, Yashitiko Ammo, are gon ...more
Published February 8th 2011 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Ninja Viking Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Ninja Viking Volume 2

Cheese
Feb 20, 2014 Cheese rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that nobody has heard of, but this is definitely a hidden gem.

How often do you get to read about an assassin with a triple schizophrenic personality disorder?! A Viking, ninja and a cowboy assassin! Brilliant book with a giant story of betrayal.

A must read.
Ashley
Apr 06, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
The second volume is a continuation of the chaotic, irreverent, and mind twisting style of the first volume, but the pacing and art made it feel more confusing and uneven. The high point of this volume is Duncan's character development, from walking from one mess to the next in the first issue to addressing his own identity. In this story Duncan is offered a chance to hush the eponymous cowboy, ninja, and Viking who have taken up residence in his psyche, and the result of Duncan's decision has l ...more
Eric
Apr 11, 2011 Eric rated it liked it
Recommends it for: I really wouldn't, as much as I'd like to
Shelves: graphic-novels
I read this the day after finishing the first volume. I had hoped some of the issues of the first volume would be worked out in the second, but instead, I only found more problems.

The story was still non-linear and convoluted, and the art was still monochromatic, with not enough character definition. Additionally, I found the plot moved way too quickly, with the characters moving from country to country in a matter of frames, with little or no explanation or consequence to their actions. More i
Nicole Westen
Sep 23, 2015 Nicole Westen rated it really liked it
I loved how in this volume Duncan confronts his multiple personality disorder and what it means as part of his identity, and what life might be like without it. I love that kind of introspection. The ending left a little to be desired though. There was a huge reveal about one of the characters, that seemed like a lead-in for the next plot arc, but then the story ends in the next three or four pages. It felt really rushed and still sort of open. I'm not sure if the author/artist plan to revisit t ...more
Nicolas Ronvel
Apr 04, 2011 Nicolas Ronvel rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, comics
On poursuit l'histoire des Triplets, et principalement de Duncan, le Cowboy Ninja Viking du titre. Après avoir posé le décor, ils se lancent dans leur première nouvelle mission officielle, qui va bien évidemment ne pas se passer normalement.
Rebondissements, personnages barrés, sentiments, la lecture de ce tome est vraiment sympa. Les personnages gagnent en profondeur, et quelques mystères sont résolus.

Malheureusement, le cliffhanger de fin, assez énorme, risque de rester lettre morte, la suite
Carl Nelson
Jul 04, 2011 Carl Nelson rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A lot of fun, but more haphazard than the first volume. The story is occasionally inconsistent and jumpy. The strength of the series is its dialog, which uses the triplet concept very well. This series could be quite good with a bit of polishing; it's currently a guilty pleasure with the potential to become the finest in cheesy entertainment. Looking forward to the next volume and hoping it's a little more cohesive!
Amanda
Graphic Novel Bookclub 2016:

This book really was boring and wordy to me by the 22nd page, and as someone who loves comics as well as books that are 900 pages, that's saying something. It's not well organized, overly wordy and bothersome in that the storyline was very plot hole laden and more reliant on the "triplet shitck" rather than consistent story arcing.

Review will be in for both volumes
Abby
Dec 08, 2012 Abby rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
The colors can be really distracting, and though the writing does have occasional high points, as a general rule it can be hard to follow with huge leaps in character development without actual character development to show how it happened and a sometimes hard to trace plot. The humor between the three personalities and Duncan is by far the best part of the book. It got better by the end, but I'm still not sure if I'd invest money to get the next one.
Matthew
Sep 19, 2011 Matthew rated it liked it
Decent continuation of the series. From tracking down a nuke, avoiding getting killed, and Duncan seeing a psychiatrist there's a lot going on in this volume. Maybe a little too much, actually, because the storytelling gets a touch disjointed and jerky and times. Still fun, though.
sweet pea
Sep 07, 2012 sweet pea rated it it was ok
and i thought the first volume was batshit crazy. in a way it's refreshing that the author gets to skip around and do whatever the hell he wants. the story becomes more convoluted, the art more chaotic. the colors are still great, though. interesting premise, mixed execution.
William Dickerson
Mar 19, 2014 William Dickerson rated it it was ok
I was intrigued by the title, but I couldn't get into the story. Do give it a try though. It's just not my kind of story.
Warren
Mar 29, 2012 Warren rated it really liked it
pretty colors
Emily
Nov 28, 2011 Emily rated it liked it
"Hey Punk! I'm a goddamn oceanographer! I've jumped into shark-filled waters with nothin' but a knife and a prayer, and I do no appreciate your tone."
Kaiya
Sep 06, 2014 Kaiya rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was so close to being four stars, but the ending was a pretty confused and weak way to wrap up a series.
Aedan Lake
Aedan Lake rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2012
Alexander Heidn
Alexander Heidn rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2011
Tyler Mckinlay
Tyler Mckinlay rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
P.
P. rated it did not like it
Oct 03, 2011
Manuel Moreira
Manuel Moreira rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2013
Eric Neuman
Eric Neuman rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2013
Justin
Justin rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2013
Nathan
Nathan rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2012
Lobo DeSade
Lobo DeSade rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Greg Martinez
Greg Martinez rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Bob
Bob rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2014
Mario
Mario rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Keith Selland
Keith Selland rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2012
Terrie
Terrie rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Cowboy Ninja Viking (2 books)
  • Cowboy Ninja Viking Volume 1 (Cowboy Ninja Viking, #1)