Start by marking “Double Exposure (Split Infinity, Blue Adept, Juxtaposition)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Double Exposure

Piers Anthony

Double Exposure (Apprentice Adept #1-3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  638 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Split Infinity, Blue Adept, and Juxtaposition in one book
book club edition
Published (first published January 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Double Exposure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Exposure

Kris
I am reviewing the whole Apprentice Adept series from Piers Anthony. But first, for those who care (and those who don't), I am going to explain how I use the star system (which may cause me to change some previous entries).

1 star: Ridiculous, did not even finish it. If this book and I met in a dark alley...oh, it better watch out.

2 star: Finished it, but only because I was tricked into thinking I was a pimply 14-year old and I had a paper due tomorrow. I .had to finish it?.

3 star: Finished, and

Stuart
This was one of my favorite series back in 6th and 7th grade as a nerdy teenager. It had plenty of wish-fulfillment elements, but I thought the basic idea of a science world (Proton) and fantasy world (Phaze) and the characters moving between them was pretty interesting. But as with all Piers Anthony's series, what starts out as charming soon gets recycled and extended to too many volumes for no reason other than to milk reader's for their money. In this case the first 3 from Del Rey were good e ...more
Travis
Jun 16, 2008 Travis rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sci-fi nerds
This series is awesome, written by Piers Anthony, whose Xanth series maybe the most ridiculous fantasy series ever. This sci-fi series has multiple dimensions and focuses on a planet that exists to mine the fuel for interstellar travel and for poeple to bet on sports and games. Games like rock-paper-scissors. Includes a high-stakes rock-paper-scissors match with play by play strategy exposition. Wait a minute, that doesn't sound better than Xanth after all, but it is, so much better.
Rachel
Dec 03, 2008 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANY fans of fantasy/sci fi
Recommended to Rachel by: a breif high school buddy, a 'magic: the gathering' type of guy
these books cleverly mix a world of futuristic technologies and politics with a world of fantasy and magic. (hence the title of the 3rd book, juxtaposition). they are really fun to read, i was never too much into fantasy but these books did it for me.
Alexander
Fun series from the author of the Xanth books that does a great job of mixing science and magic, SF and F, in different realms. Highly enjoyable.
Geno
Compilation of the first 3 books of what I just found out is now an 8 book series! I have read the 1st 7 of them, and I highly recommend them.
Wendy
Again, series got bad after the fourth or so. I liked the cleverness of the games, but not interested in keeping these in my collection.
Bill Wood
I read the individual books years ago, but I'm looking forward to churning through this omnibus edition.
Troy Erickson
First three books in the Apprentice Adept series: Split Infinity, Blue Adept, & Juxtaposition.
Matt Mansfield
Just had to buy a new version of this book as my old "book club" copy fell apart.
Dad
I loved this three series book. I went on to read the other as well.
John
Contains the first three books of the Apprentice Adept series
Mark
Very good, in some ways dated, but remains entertaining.
Susan
Jan 12, 2012 Susan marked it as borrowed-not-kept  ·  review of another edition
OMNIBUS OF THE APPRENTICE ADEPT TRILOGY
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
May 10, 2015
kitty_ranma
kitty_ranma marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Sarah is currently reading it
May 04, 2015
Wendy
Wendy added it
May 03, 2015
Mysha
Mysha added it
Apr 18, 2015
Carly
Carly marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
ShesAlwaysWrite
ShesAlwaysWrite marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Ron
Ron marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
  • Myth Adventures (Myth Adventures, #1-4)
  • Moongather (Duel of Sorcery, #1)
  • Coils
  • The Peeling Trilogy
  • The Prydain Chronicles (The Chronicles of Prydain #1-5)
  • Roger Zelazny's Shadows of Amber (Amber)
  • Children Of The Atom
  • The Fall of Colossus
  • Galactic Empires 1
  • The Stone That Never Came Down
  • The Warlock Rock (Warlock, #10)
  • Garrett for Hire
  • False Dawn
  • Four Moons of Darkover (Darkover Series)
  • The Clockwork Vampire Chronicles
  • The Winter of the World
  • The Silo Archipelago
  • When the Changewinds Blow (Changewinds, #1)

Piers is a self-proclaimed environm
More about Piers Anthony...

Apprentice Adept (7 books)
  • Split Infinity  (Apprentice Adept, #1)
  • Blue Adept  (Apprentice Adept, #2)
  • Juxtaposition (Apprentice Adept, #3)
  • Out of Phaze (Apprentice Adept, #4)
  • Robot Adept (Apprentice Adept, #5)
  • Unicorn Point (Apprentice Adept, #6)
  • Phaze Doubt (Apprentice Adept, #7)
On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1) A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1) Castle Roogna (Xanth, #3) Bearing An Hourglass (Incarnations of Immortality, #2) The Source of Magic (Xanth, #2)