Double Exposure (Split Infinity, Blue Adept, Juxtaposition)

Double Exposure (Apprentice Adept #1-3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  587 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Split Infinity, Blue Adept, and Juxtaposition in one book
Paperback, Box set
Published (first published January 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Double Exposure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Exposure

Kris
I am reviewing the whole Apprentice Adept series from Piers Anthony. But first, for those who care (and those who don't), I am going to explain how I use the star system (which may cause me to change some previous entries).

1 star: Ridiculous, did not even finish it. If this book and I met in a dark alley...oh, it better watch out.

2 star: Finished it, but only because I was tricked into thinking I was a pimply 14-year old and I had a paper due tomorrow. I .had to finish it?.

3 star: Finished, and

Stuart
This was one of my favorite series back in 6th and 7th grade as a nerdy teenager. It had plenty of wish-fulfillment elements, but I thought the basic idea of a science world (Proton) and fantasy world (Phaze) and the characters moving between them was pretty interesting. But as with all Piers Anthony's series, what starts out as charming soon gets recycled and extended to too many volumes for no reason other than to milk reader's for their money. In this case the first 3 from Del Rey were good e...more
Travis
Jun 16, 2008 Travis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sci-fi nerds
This series is awesome, written by Piers Anthony, whose Xanth series maybe the most ridiculous fantasy series ever. This sci-fi series has multiple dimensions and focuses on a planet that exists to mine the fuel for interstellar travel and for poeple to bet on sports and games. Games like rock-paper-scissors. Includes a high-stakes rock-paper-scissors match with play by play strategy exposition. Wait a minute, that doesn't sound better than Xanth after all, but it is, so much better.
Rachel
Dec 03, 2008 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ANY fans of fantasy/sci fi
Recommended to Rachel by: a breif high school buddy, a 'magic: the gathering' type of guy
these books cleverly mix a world of futuristic technologies and politics with a world of fantasy and magic. (hence the title of the 3rd book, juxtaposition). they are really fun to read, i was never too much into fantasy but these books did it for me.
Alexander
Fun series from the author of the Xanth books that does a great job of mixing science and magic, SF and F, in different realms. Highly enjoyable.
Geno
Compilation of the first 3 books of what I just found out is now an 8 book series! I have read the 1st 7 of them, and I highly recommend them.
Wendy
Dec 03, 2011 Wendy added it
Shelves: scififant, thrift
Again, series got bad after the fourth or so. I liked the cleverness of the games, but not interested in keeping these in my collection.
Bill Wood
I read the individual books years ago, but I'm looking forward to churning through this omnibus edition.
Troy Erickson
First three books in the Apprentice Adept series: Split Infinity, Blue Adept, & Juxtaposition.
Matt Mansfield
Just had to buy a new version of this book as my old "book club" copy fell apart.
Dad
I loved this three series book. I went on to read the other as well.
John
Brian
Brian added it
Sep 17, 2014
Seiran
Seiran marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Karen Morris
Karen Morris marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Tyler Barker
Tyler Barker marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Book Reader
Book Reader marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
  • When the Changewinds Blow (Changewinds, #1)
  • Coils
  • The Jaguar Princess
  • Legends 2 (Legends 1, Volume 2of3)
  • Shakespeare's Planet
  • Alien Earth
  • The Darkangel Trilogy
  • Tales of the Rot & Ruin; Rot & Ruin; Dust & Decay; Dead & Gone; Flesh & Bone
  • Lord Darcy Investigates (Lord Darcy, #3)
  • The Warlock Is Missing (Warlock Series, #6)
  • The Man Who Used the Universe
  • The Dragon and The Djinn
  • The Hugo Winners Vol 1 and 2 1955-1972
  • And All Between (Green Sky, #2)
  • The Warslayer: The Incredibly True Adventures of Vixen the Slayer, the Beginning
  • Beyond The Fall Of Night

Piers is a self-proclaimed environm...more
More about Piers Anthony...
On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1) A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1) Castle Roogna (Xanth, #3) Bearing An Hourglass (Incarnations of Immortality, #2) The Source of Magic (Xanth, #2)