Start by marking “Phaze Doubt (Apprentice Adept, #7)” as Want to Read:
Phaze Doubt (Apprentice Adept, #7)

Phaze Doubt (Apprentice Adept #7)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  3,683 ratings  ·  24 reviews
The dramatic conclusion to the enchanting Apprentice Adept series. With most of the inhabitants of the planet Phaze/Proton incarcerated or in hiding from a hated enemy government, the job of saving this endangered planet falls to Nepe and Flach, two children with special magical powers. Reissue.
Published June 12th 1990 by Putnam Publishing Group (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Phaze Doubt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phaze Doubt

Emily
With this last book in the Apprentice Adept series, Anthony almost (but not quite) redeems himself for the poor quality of the last three books. With a good bit less random sex, a strong lesbian character, and a proper enemy, he provides a fitting conclusion to the tale of the split worlds of Proton and Phaze.
Since the frames were merged in the last episode, the planet's value has gone up in the estimation of the local alien takeover experts. The Hectare come to exploit the expensive and rare P
Benjamin Thomas
The seventh and final novel in the “Apprentice Adept” series goes a long way towards making up for the last two novels. For a series that started out so brilliantly over the course of the first three novels (originally planned as only a trilogy anyway…should have stayed that way) the second part of the overall series rapidly declined. In fact it’s been over a year since I read book 6 just because I was worried the whole thing would fade into the sewer.

But not so, thankfully. The magical world of
Al
An interesting conclusion to the Apprentice Adept series.

I got a bit confused by the name references and had a hard time keeping track of which character(s) was which.

It seems that after the two worlds (Phase and Proton) were merged, everyone who had an alternate in the other world, merged with that alternate and became one person. This is part of the identity problem since the two identities within the individual continue to be self-aware. So part of the time Flach is in charge of the body and
Dark-Draco
This is the big finale of the 7 part series. Phaze and Proton are merged as one, with people able to change from their magical to scientific counterpart at will. But there is a bigger threat coming - an invasion by an alien species that wants to exploit the plant and people. The unique dual personality of Flach/Nepe is once again the key to defeating the invaders, implementing a devious plan to put the plant completly out of reach of the Hectare.

I was a bit disappointed in this - everything seem
Brian
This is almost a stand-alone story within the universe of Anthony's Apprentice Adept series. I liked it better than the prior book, so it was a redeeming end to his 7-book "trilogy." (The truth is that the original trilogy would have been superb if left alone!)

The one point of contention I had with the book was his portrayal of the suddenly-lesbian character (seriously, she's gone 6 books without being gay - while he explains it, this was obviously something he hadn't planned prior to the last b
K.Edwin Fritz
So glad to be finished this series. P.A. milked his audience on the final 2 books, in my humble opinion. Too many characters w/ too many alternate selves & the mergings of all of the above. Anthony still has a prolific imagination, however, and this alone saved me from being genuinely disappointed. The worst part was Anthony's insistence on trying to make sex & sexuality a core theme, often where it didn't belong or wasn't natural. To sum up, I may have just read my last Piers Anthony bo ...more
Annette
Sep 20, 2007 Annette rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy Readers
Shelves: fantasy
I strongly encourage this be read as the entire series. The last books go in a very different direction than the first few.

At first, this seems a rather typical fantasy type book. Toward the end, well, the comparison to our own world is inevitable and powerful.

Why can't we all just get along?

I'm giving the series a rating of 4. Some of the books in the series are better than others. As a whole, I think it's worthy of a 4.
Nenangs
Very clever...
Magic world interphases with Science/Technological world...
In the end, it all comes back to humanity.
People shall learn to harmonize, because living in harmony had to be learned and earned, not given or taken for granted.
Stacy
Martina_cs
Just finish these series, and love them all! Great idea, great details about both world, science and magic.
Nanang, thank youu... :)
Caroline
This was a good finale to a much loved series of books and allows many re-reads if you like and believe in the possibility of Magic
Hazel
A great fantasy series. A very enjoyable read. I could not wait for the next one to come in from the library.
Julie
Dec 05, 2008 Julie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy fans
Recommended to Julie by: read other Piers Anthony books
Shelves: fantasy, from-library
I remember liking this series, but unfortunately I don't remember much about it other than the main character, Stile.
Qa'id
From my youth... it was good at the time, but not sure I'd really be feeling these stories nowadays.
David Sellers
well, I can say I've read the whole series.....and that's the nicest thing I can say about this one.
Cathy Holford
A pretty good way to end the series. Mr. Anthony has quite an imagination.
My favorite Piers Anthony series. I loved his books when I was younger.
Rob
This series kind of dragged towards the end, but well worth reading anyway.
Sean Martin
Another one for the "Books I'm embarassed to have read" list.
Morbus Iff
My first purchase from Amazon.com!
Mary Arkless
I love Piers Anthony's books.
Cheryl Wrenn
Cheryl Wrenn marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Holly Kolodziejczak
Holly Kolodziejczak marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
  • The Tangle Box (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #4)
  • Black Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #1)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link (Myth Adventures, #7)
  • The Road to Ehvenor (Guardians of the Flame, #6)
  • Night of Madness
  • Mythology 101
  • Escape Velocity (Warlock, #0)
  • Return to Centaur (Xanth Graphic Novel, Vol 1)
  • Blood Trillium (The Saga of the Trillium, #2)
  • Fortress of Frost and Fire (Bard's Tale, #2)
  • The Dark Abyss (Philip José Farmer's The Dungeon, #2)
  • Dragonseye (Pern, #14)
  • Horrors of the Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods, #5)

Piers is a self-proclaimed environm
More about Piers Anthony...

Apprentice Adept (7 books)
  • Split Infinity  (Apprentice Adept, #1)
  • Blue Adept  (Apprentice Adept, #2)
  • Juxtaposition (Apprentice Adept, #3)
  • Out of Phaze (Apprentice Adept, #4)
  • Robot Adept (Apprentice Adept, #5)
  • Unicorn Point (Apprentice Adept, #6)
On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1) A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1) Castle Roogna (Xanth, #3) Bearing An Hourglass (Incarnations of Immortality, #2) The Source of Magic (Xanth, #2)