How Paul Robeson Saved My Life and Other Stories

How Paul Robeson Saved My Life and Other Stories

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Carl Reiner has been making people laugh since the days of The Dick Van Dyke Show. His showbiz bits with Mel Brooks about the 2000 Year Old Man have become the stuff of comedy legend. Jerry Seinfeld, Alan Alda, Neil Simon, Steve Allen, and Richard Lewis were all bowled over by the comic genius of The 2000 Year Old Man in the Year 2000: The Book. Now, in his wonderful new b...more
Published August 31st 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published November 7th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about How Paul Robeson Saved My Life and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Paul Robeson Saved My Life and Other Stories

Eli
Carl Reiner's How Paul Robeson Saved My Life is a whimsical collection of short stories. The book is a quick read, but is funniest to fans Carl Reiner's humor. As I read, I kept feeling like I was missing out on some grand joke. The plot twists that occasionally came at the end of the stories were rarely hysterical and I even reread some tales, hoping there was some hidden meaning that would make the book make sense.

Still, the stories are entertaining, with plots that seem like fleshed-out dayd...more
Les
A great collection of stories that are both funny and poignant.
Dave Gaston
A series of clever comic character studies told in short parables with rye twists of fate. Most of the stories are upbeat and hail from his New York Jewish background. The dialog is lively packing the punch of a seasoned comedian who has perfected his stand-up timing. You yearn to call Reiner Uncle Carl.
Tracy
Clever short stories from a very funny man!
Jen
cute stories.. a fun, quick read..
Cindy Duncan
Cindy Duncan marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Bernie Hirsch
Bernie Hirsch marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
nymfaux
nymfaux marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Olivia Gregory
Olivia Gregory marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Maha
Maha marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Walt
Walt marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Darlene Vendegna
Darlene Vendegna marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Kevin Knutson
Kevin Knutson marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Carl Reiner is an American actor, film director, producer, writer and comedian. He has won nine Emmy Awards and one Grammy Award during this career. He has the distinction of being the only person to appear on all five incarnations of The Tonight Show. He is best known for his work in Ocean's Eleven, Ocean's Twelve, and Ocean's Thirteen.
More about Carl Reiner...
My Anecdotal Life: A Memoir I Remember Me Tell Me a Scary Story...But Not Too Scary! (Book & CD) NNNNN: A Novel Enter Laughing