Start by marking “Mistletoe Magic” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe Magic

Mistletoe Magic (Men of Danger #1)

A paragon of virtue, Miss Lillian Davenport has an unrivaled reputation. So why has she offered to pay dangerous American, Lucas Clairmont, for a single kiss?Lucas refuses to be molded by society and often walks on the wrong side of right, but Lillian's pure goodness and pale, correct life fascinate him. He senses that beneath the manners there's a woman of rare sensuality ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe Magic

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I'm not sure what to say about this book. I was somewhat disappointed. Some parts were a bit dry, and some parts very tantalizing. I wish the balance was more in the latter direction. I have to say I loved the hero, Lucas. He was dreamy! He was a very tortured guy, who hadn't gotten a lot of breaks in his life. I wish that Ms. James had focused on that more. I felt like there was too much time focused on how snobby British society viewed him, and how that affected Lillian's view of Lucas way too ...more
Harlequin Historical
Delightful!

I couldn't think of a single word to describe this book better. Miss Lillian Davenport has tried all her life to be perfect in every way to please her father. Then on an impulse, she buys a kiss from the American Lucas Clairmont. She just wanted to have a reference to what a kiss felt like. She never expected the wildness it would release in her. Lillian completely facinates Lucas. He dreams of discovering what other little secrets she has kept hidden, even from herself. However, she
Kelly_Instalove
Grade: B+

A maid came in with a large unruly bunch of orange flowers and her breath was caught. ‘Is there a card?’

‘Indeed, miss, there is.’ The maid broke the envelope away from a string that kept it joined to the bouquet, speculation unhidden in the lines of her face.

‘That will be all, thank you,’ Lillian said, waiting until the door was shut before she slit open the card.

I FELT SOMETHING.

The words were in bold capitals with no name attached.

The happy couple....

Lucas Clairmont is a brawny and br
Ruth Hill
Dec 21, 2010 Ruth Hill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was the first Harlequin romance I ever read, and for the most part, I found it agreeable. I grew up thinking that all Harlequin romances were full of illicit sex scenes. I can now report that I was wrong.

First of all, I am a sucker for a Christmas story. To make it better, it is England in the 1800's. Welcome to the perfect setting for a story. I loved Lily and Luc. Their chemistry was awesome, and I was glad they waited to have their bedroom romance after their wedding. I also appreciated
Jo
Jul 29, 2012 Jo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I read this book as someone mentioned it to be one of their top three favourite romances. Whilst I liked the characters, and I enjoyed the freshness of having a character caught between the cultures of his birth and adopted countries, I felt that not all the conflicts were fully played out, and that emotional progressions weren't smooth. However, this book will not stop me reading more by Sophia James, who is, by all reports, a talented author.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Lillian is the epitome of what a society miss should be in manners, etiquette, and behavior, though her inner-most thoughts are not. She knows she should stay away from Lucas and marry who her father has chosen for her, but she is drawn to Luc from the first. He has his own agenda for London, but Lilly softens Luc's heart and manner, and the kiss they share explodes into a passionate love story. Great read!!
Gidget Jordan
The book was enjoyable. I love a good Christmas story. I would have been more inclined to give a better review but the last of the book seemed to "wrap it up" much too quickly.
It moved at a good pace and I found the plot great
Cathy Sammis
Cathy Sammis rated it really liked it
May 15, 2014
Gillian
Gillian rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2014
Meags8
Meags8 rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2011
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2014
Dominique Fagan
Dominique Fagan rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Rebecca Garratt
Rebecca Garratt rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2013
Donna
Donna rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2014
Tracey
Tracey rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2013
Pemberleyaddict
Pemberleyaddict rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2011
Demetra
Demetra rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2011
Debbie Hayward
Debbie Hayward rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Judy Lawn
Judy Lawn rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Kathy Greene
Kathy Greene rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Jenifer
Jenifer rated it it was ok
Jun 17, 2014
Pauline
Pauline rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2011
Nunung
Nunung rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2010
Stacie.manning
Stacie.manning rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2013
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2010
Cenaida
Cenaida rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 09:20AM
Georgette Heyer novels formed Sophia James's reading tastes as a teenager lying in the sun on her grandmother's porch overlooking a wild west-coast beach.

Her writing life, however, started in Bilbao, Spain. After having three wisdom teeth extracted she was given a pile of Mills and Boons--filled with strong painkillers she imagined that she could pen one, too.

Many drafts later she thinks she has t
More about Sophia James...

Men of Danger (3 books)
  • Mistress at Midnight (Men of Danger #2)
  • Scars of Betrayal (Men of Danger #3)