Start by marking “Mistletoe Magic” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe Magic

Mistletoe Magic

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A paragon of virtue, Miss Lillian Davenport has an unrivaled reputation. So why has she offered to pay dangerous American, Lucas Clairmont, for a single kiss?Lucas refuses to be molded by society and often walks on the wrong side of right, but Lillian's pure goodness and pale, correct life fascinate him. He senses that beneath the manners there's a woman of rare sensuality ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe Magic

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I'm not sure what to say about this book. I was somewhat disappointed. Some parts were a bit dry, and some parts very tantalizing. I wish the balance was more in the latter direction. I have to say I loved the hero, Lucas. He was dreamy! He was a very tortured guy, who hadn't gotten a lot of breaks in his life. I wish that Ms. James had focused on that more. I felt like there was too much time focused on how snobby British society viewed him, and how that affected Lillian's view of Lucas way too ...more
Harlequin Historical
Delightful!

I couldn't think of a single word to describe this book better. Miss Lillian Davenport has tried all her life to be perfect in every way to please her father. Then on an impulse, she buys a kiss from the American Lucas Clairmont. She just wanted to have a reference to what a kiss felt like. She never expected the wildness it would release in her. Lillian completely facinates Lucas. He dreams of discovering what other little secrets she has kept hidden, even from herself. However, she
Kelly_Instalove
Grade: B+

A maid came in with a large unruly bunch of orange flowers and her breath was caught. ‘Is there a card?’

‘Indeed, miss, there is.’ The maid broke the envelope away from a string that kept it joined to the bouquet, speculation unhidden in the lines of her face.

‘That will be all, thank you,’ Lillian said, waiting until the door was shut before she slit open the card.

I FELT SOMETHING.

The words were in bold capitals with no name attached.

The happy couple....

Lucas Clairmont is a brawny and
Ruth Hill
This was the first Harlequin romance I ever read, and for the most part, I found it agreeable. I grew up thinking that all Harlequin romances were full of illicit sex scenes. I can now report that I was wrong.

First of all, I am a sucker for a Christmas story. To make it better, it is England in the 1800's. Welcome to the perfect setting for a story. I loved Lily and Luc. Their chemistry was awesome, and I was glad they waited to have their bedroom romance after their wedding. I also appreciated
Jo
I read this book as someone mentioned it to be one of their top three favourite romances. Whilst I liked the characters, and I enjoyed the freshness of having a character caught between the cultures of his birth and adopted countries, I felt that not all the conflicts were fully played out, and that emotional progressions weren't smooth. However, this book will not stop me reading more by Sophia James, who is, by all reports, a talented author.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Lillian is the epitome of what a society miss should be in manners, etiquette, and behavior, though her inner-most thoughts are not. She knows she should stay away from Lucas and marry who her father has chosen for her, but she is drawn to Luc from the first. He has his own agenda for London, but Lilly softens Luc's heart and manner, and the kiss they share explodes into a passionate love story. Great read!!
Marina Andreou
First i want to tell what a WONDERFUL and PASSION COVER.Second that this is my first book i was read by the Author Sophia James.Third is that this Historical Storie had it all.Yes full of PASSION-LOVE-ROMANCES.This is want i want went i read romances books and this book has my congratulations to the Author.
Gidget Jordan
The book was enjoyable. I love a good Christmas story. I would have been more inclined to give a better review but the last of the book seemed to "wrap it up" much too quickly.
It moved at a good pace and I found the plot great
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda added it
Feb 07, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Rebecca Harvey
Rebecca Harvey marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 09:20AM
Georgette Heyer novels formed Sophia James's reading tastes as a teenager lying in the sun on her grandmother's porch overlooking a wild west-coast beach.

Her writing life, however, started in Bilbao, Spain. After having three wisdom teeth extracted she was given a pile of Mills and Boons--filled with strong painkillers she imagined that she could pen one, too.

Many drafts later she thinks she has t
More about Sophia James...
One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2) The Border Lord High Seas To High Society (Wellinghams, #1) One Illicit Night (Wellinghams, #3) The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams, #4)