Start by marking “Blitz bricht aus (Blitz, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blitz bricht aus (Blitz, #5)

Blitz bricht aus (The Black Stallion #9)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,801 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Nach einem dramatischen Unfall verliert Alec das Gedächtnis. Ein Ranchbesitzer nimmt den umherirrenden Jungen auf. Alec wird Cowboy und arbeitet auf der Ranch als Bewacher einer großen Stutenherde.
Erst als eines Tages ein schriller, fremdartiger Schrei die stille der Steppe zerreißt, tauchen die Bilder der Vergangenheit wieder vor Alec auf. Plötzlich weiß er: Das war der R
Published January 1st 1993 by SchneiderBuch (first published 1953)

To ask other readers questions about Blitz bricht aus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blitz bricht aus

Sam Afton
Mar 30, 2013 Sam Afton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-star, owned
There were some parts where I wanted to scream at the book, "No! You're wrong! His name is ALEC not McGregor! AAAAAALLLLLLLLEEEEEEECCCCCC!!!!!!" It was so frustrating, watching a good kid like Alec believe he was a criminal and a murderer. This one was so good! It made me hate amnesia SO MUCH!!!!!
Mirrani
May 04, 2014 Mirrani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventure stories are just that: adventure. They are stories that take you out into the jungle, deep into the desert, or out into the wild unknown. Adventure stories aren't based on reality, they are designed to pick you up onto their shoulders and race off with you into uncharted territory, make you feel the wind in your hair and the excitement in your heart, all without making you leave your chair. This is what Farley does so well. You pick up a book about the Black Stallion because you want t ...more
Tania
Feb 12, 2016 Tania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alec and The Black return to the wild in The Black Stallion Revolts, in an adventure that rivals the action and excitement captured in the first two books of the series. When Henry decides that Alec and The Black need a vacation, he sends them west. Little does he realize the danger that awaits them. When the duo disappears, only they can find their way back to each other and to the people they left behind.

The Black Stallion Revolts starts off slow, there's quite a bit of recapping that takes pl
Melody
Sep 29, 2011 Melody rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
One of the weaker entries in the canon. In this ninth book in the series, Farley hits cliche after cliche, starting with plane crash, moving through amnesia, heartless truckers, good-hearted rich guys who gave it all up, clueless cattle ranchers. Not that I didn't read every word- breathless plotting was one of Farley's gifts, and the ability to make one care despite the ludicrous situation. And nobody, but nobody, can write a race scene like him.
Diane Wachter
The Black Stallion Revolts, Black Stallion Series, Book 5, Walter Farley, PB-B @ 1977, 3/78. The once-wild horse needs more space and freedom, so they head out west to a huge ranch. But an accident leaves Alec with amnesia and the Black alone to reclaim his wild life. Okay.
Faithann
Jan 14, 2015 Faithann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
At time a little slow and frustrating at the beginning, but once it picks up, just like the Black, there's no stopping.
Saphirablue
Elin
Tror jag? Kanske? Vi är ju inte frame vid araberna ännu.
Julia
I remember Mom reading this
Rena Sherwood
I really did not like this when I first read it when I was about 9 years old. It does have a lot of continuity problems with The Black Stallion's Filly, The Black Stallion's Sulky Colt and The Black Stallion's Courage. Also, I think this is the book where the Black is mistakenly described as having a pink muzzle. As I got older, I appreciated this quirky adventure story more and more. It's one of the most distinctive books of the series. My favorite part: the Black being given the name Range Bos ...more
Wendy
Oct 07, 2011 Wendy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horses-fiction
This was another 'okay' installment, but less okay than the other ones because it was kind of a shaggy dog story. There was no point, which is always frustrating...you could literally skip this one and not notice for the rest of the series, I think it gets mentioned in one line in the next book.

But if you want to read the whole series, then this one isn't all the bad where you won't be able to get through it.
Lisa James
I wasn't as impressed with this one, but it did bring back the Black's past as a desert stallion, even though he had been a successful race horse & sire in previous books we've read. I kind of thought the plot twist with Alec getting amnesia & having to remember was a little predictable, but then I also remember that these are kids' books! it's still a really good story.
Lynne Stringer
Emily
Sep 12, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-favs
This was actually the first book I read from the Black Stallion series. I read the 1950s, green, hard-cover edition because it was sitting on our bookshelf at home and it had a horse on the cover. lol In this one Alec gets amnesia, so it stands out from a lot of the plots in the series. After reading it, I was hooked and read the entire series.
Rachel
Sep 29, 2007 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any child
I've read the entire Black Stallion series multiple times but this one is my favorite. The Black has been out to stud for a while but because a series of events, Alec winds up racing the Black again. And, of course, he's victorious. It's a very satisfying read for anyone who has read Farley's books.
Rochelle
My dad was reading this to me when a tornado destroyed our house in 1985. I always remembered the beginning and wanted to know the ending. It only took me a quarter of a century to find out. Not too shabby of a read by Mr. Farley. I love kids books that were written pre-1970.
Serena
Feb 16, 2016 Serena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals

My Rating System:
Relstuart
Sep 06, 2009 Relstuart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been a long time since I read this book but I remember really enjoying it. The main Character loses him memory and the Black gets lost. Interesting how they still meet up and end up riding and racing. Lots of fun. :)
Sharon
Jan 09, 2010 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood, horses
I raced through this series as a child. Of course, "The Black Stallion" was my favorite, and I read it a few times, but I waited eagerly for any of the books to return to my branch of the library so I could snap them up.
Bonnie
Jul 26, 2011 Bonnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Black Stallion's Filly and The Black Stallion Revolts by Walter Farley - Two of the ones I actually liked again, after a streak of books in the series that I found I didn't care much for as an adult.
Anna
May 18, 2012 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this down!!! So many times I wanted to yell at Alec saying "how can you not see that you are Alec Ramsey?!" It was the fastest book in this series I read!!
Lori
Mar 04, 2011 Lori rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first book was the story of a boy and a horse, but the series grows with books on similar themes of overcoming adversity and animal/human bonding. Loved them as a kid.
Maranda
Sep 28, 2009 Maranda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good so far i love horses!! got reccomendations for me about horse books? just comment my account! ;-)
Lea Murack
Aug 01, 2012 Lea Murack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

One of my favorites of the series. I love to re- read this adventure!
Tara Calaby
I gobbled up all of these books when I was in my horse phase.
Jessica
Dec 17, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: horse lovers
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Sheila Massingale
Definitely my favorite of the Black books.
Daniela Hernandez
I LIKED BECAUSE OF THE ADVENTURES OF THE HORSE
Reuben
Oct 01, 2015 Reuben rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Great plot and ending
Lara
Mar 01, 2013 Lara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is so good. I loved it.
  • Born to Trot
  • The Black Stallion and the Shape-Shifter (Black Stallion Returns, #3)
  • Thunderhead (Flicka, #2)
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
Walter Farley's love for horses began when he was a small boy living in Syracuse, New York, and continued as he grew up in New York City, where his family moved. Young Walter never owned a horse. But unlike most city children, he had little trouble gaining firsthand experience with horses-his uncle was a professional horseman, and Walter spent much of his time at the stables with him.

"He wasn't th
More about Walter Farley...

The Black Stallion (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #1)
  • The Black Stallion Returns (The Black Stallion, #2)
  • Son of the Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #3)
  • The Island Stallion (The Black Stallion, #4)
  • The Black Stallion and Satan (The Black Stallion, #5)
  • The Black Stallion's Blood Bay Colt (The Black Stallion, #6)
  • The Island Stallion's Fury (The Black Stallion, #7)
  • The Black Stallion's Filly (The Black Stallion, #8)
  • The Black Stallion's Sulky Colt (The Black Stallion, #10)
  • The Island Stallion Races (The Black Stallion, #11)