Start by marking “Blitz bricht aus (Blitz, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blitz bricht aus (Blitz, #5)

Blitz bricht aus (The Black Stallion #9)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  2,493 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Nach einem dramatischen Unfall verliert Alec das Gedächtnis. Ein Ranchbesitzer nimmt den umherirrenden Jungen auf. Alec wird Cowboy und arbeitet auf der Ranch als Bewacher einer großen Stutenherde.
Erst als eines Tages ein schriller, fremdartiger Schrei die stille der Steppe zerreißt, tauchen die Bilder der Vergangenheit wieder vor Alec auf. Plötzlich weiß er: Das war der R
Published January 1st 1993 by SchneiderBuch (first published 1953)

To ask other readers questions about Blitz bricht aus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blitz bricht aus

Melody
One of the weaker entries in the canon. In this ninth book in the series, Farley hits cliche after cliche, starting with plane crash, moving through amnesia, heartless truckers, good-hearted rich guys who gave it all up, clueless cattle ranchers. Not that I didn't read every word- breathless plotting was one of Farley's gifts, and the ability to make one care despite the ludicrous situation. And nobody, but nobody, can write a race scene like him.
Mirrani
Adventure stories are just that: adventure. They are stories that take you out into the jungle, deep into the desert, or out into the wild unknown. Adventure stories aren't based on reality, they are designed to pick you up onto their shoulders and race off with you into uncharted territory, make you feel the wind in your hair and the excitement in your heart, all without making you leave your chair. This is what Farley does so well. You pick up a book about the Black Stallion because you want t ...more
Saddleseat Sammi
There were some parts where I wanted to scream at the book, "No! You're wrong! His name is ALEC not McGregor! AAAAAALLLLLLLLEEEEEEECCCCCC!!!!!!" It was so frustrating, watching a good kid like Alec believe he was a criminal and a murderer. This one was so good! It made me hate amnesia SO MUCH!!!!!
Rena Sherwood
I really did not like this when I first read it when I was about 9 years old. It does have a lot of continuity problems with The Black Stallion's Filly, The Black Stallion's Sulky Colt and The Black Stallion's Courage. Also, I think this is the book where the Black is mistakenly described as having a pink muzzle. As I got older, I appreciated this quirky adventure story more and more. It's one of the most distinctive books of the series. My favorite part: the Black being given the name Range Bos ...more
Faithann
At time a little slow and frustrating at the beginning, but once it picks up, just like the Black, there's no stopping.
Saphirablue
Elin
Tror jag? Kanske? Vi är ju inte frame vid araberna ännu.
Wendy
This was another 'okay' installment, but less okay than the other ones because it was kind of a shaggy dog story. There was no point, which is always frustrating...you could literally skip this one and not notice for the rest of the series, I think it gets mentioned in one line in the next book.

But if you want to read the whole series, then this one isn't all the bad where you won't be able to get through it.
Lisa James
I wasn't as impressed with this one, but it did bring back the Black's past as a desert stallion, even though he had been a successful race horse & sire in previous books we've read. I kind of thought the plot twist with Alec getting amnesia & having to remember was a little predictable, but then I also remember that these are kids' books! it's still a really good story.
Lynne Stringer
Emily
This was actually the first book I read from the Black Stallion series. I read the 1950s, green, hard-cover edition because it was sitting on our bookshelf at home and it had a horse on the cover. lol In this one Alec gets amnesia, so it stands out from a lot of the plots in the series. After reading it, I was hooked and read the entire series.
Rachel
Sep 29, 2007 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any child
I've read the entire Black Stallion series multiple times but this one is my favorite. The Black has been out to stud for a while but because a series of events, Alec winds up racing the Black again. And, of course, he's victorious. It's a very satisfying read for anyone who has read Farley's books.
Rochelle
My dad was reading this to me when a tornado destroyed our house in 1985. I always remembered the beginning and wanted to know the ending. It only took me a quarter of a century to find out. Not too shabby of a read by Mr. Farley. I love kids books that were written pre-1970.
Serena
My Rating System:

Relstuart
It has been a long time since I read this book but I remember really enjoying it. The main Character loses him memory and the Black gets lost. Interesting how they still meet up and end up riding and racing. Lots of fun. :)
Sharon
I raced through this series as a child. Of course, "The Black Stallion" was my favorite, and I read it a few times, but I waited eagerly for any of the books to return to my branch of the library so I could snap them up.
Bonnie
The Black Stallion's Filly and The Black Stallion Revolts by Walter Farley - Two of the ones I actually liked again, after a streak of books in the series that I found I didn't care much for as an adult.
Anna
I could not put this down!!! So many times I wanted to yell at Alec saying "how can you not see that you are Alec Ramsey?!" It was the fastest book in this series I read!!
Lori
The first book was the story of a boy and a horse, but the series grows with books on similar themes of overcoming adversity and animal/human bonding. Loved them as a kid.
Maranda
Pretty good so far i love horses!! got reccomendations for me about horse books? just comment my account! ;-)
Lea Murack

One of my favorites of the series. I love to re- read this adventure!
Jessica
Dec 17, 2010 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: horse lovers
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Sheila Massingale
Definitely my favorite of the Black books.
Daniela Hernandez
I LIKED BECAUSE OF THE ADVENTURES OF THE HORSE
Lara
It is so good. I loved it.
Miriam
I read it as a teenager.
Jared Dunn
A big battle for life!!!
Aisha
Oct 05, 2010 Aisha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i like it alot
  • Born to Trot
  • The Black Stallion and the Shape-Shifter (Black Stallion Retuns, #3)
  • Green Grass of Wyoming (Flicka, #3)
  • Shining's Orphan (Thoroughbred, #12)
  • Kentucky Dreamer (Golden Filly, #4)
Walter Farley's love for horses began when he was a small boy living in Syracuse, New York, and continued as he grew up in New York City, where his family moved. Young Walter never owned a horse. But unlike most city children, he had little trouble gaining firsthand experience with horses-his uncle was a professional horseman, and Walter spent much of his time at the stables with him.

"He wasn't th
More about Walter Farley...

The Black Stallion (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #1)
  • The Black Stallion Returns (The Black Stallion, #2)
  • Son of the Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #3)
  • The Island Stallion (The Black Stallion, #4)
  • The Black Stallion and Satan (The Black Stallion, #5)
  • The Black Stallion's Blood Bay Colt (The Black Stallion, #6)
  • The Island Stallion's Fury (The Black Stallion, #7)
  • The Black Stallion's Filly (The Black Stallion, #8)
  • The Black Stallion's Sulky Colt (The Black Stallion, #10)
  • The Island Stallion Races (The Black Stallion, #11)
The Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #1) The Black Stallion Returns (The Black Stallion, #2) Man O'War The Island Stallion (The Black Stallion, #4) Son of the Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #3)