Start by marking “Statistics Unplugged” as Want to Read:
Statistics Unplugged

Statistics Unplugged

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Learn statistics the easy way with STATISTICS UNPLUGGED! Easy-to-understand and student-friendly, this practical text takes the intimidation out of statistics and helps you understand the relevance of statistics to your own life. Learning checks found throughout each chapter ensure that you understand the material and end of chapter features such as chapter problems give y ...more
Paperback
Published February 1st 2006 by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Statistics Unplugged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Statistics Unplugged

Suzi Belanger
The author did a fairly decent job of explaining statistics to a non-math reader. There were certain times I felt significantly more overwhelmed (I'm looking at you regression analysis), but I now understand conceptually what statistics are supposed to do before we put our own biases in.
Sommer
Dec 19, 2007 Sommer rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: intro stats students,graduate students
So one might ask, why put a statistics book on your reading list or even bother to review it? This book is awesome! I recommend it to anyone needing an introduction to statistics. It makes learning stats interesting and easily digestible to the non-math oriented individual. I am now fascinated with the subject of stats thanks to this book!
Mark
The concepts are presented with typical clarity, but Caldwell persistently assumes an unenthusiastic, pessimistic, and impatient reader, the the recurring reminders of this are annoying to the person reading the book out of a desire and determination to learn, and may serve as an excuse for not being more engaging.
Josh Spung
Great easy to understand explanations of the concepts of statistics.
Jerzy
Jerzy marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Joey
Joey marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Manolo Frias
Manolo Frias marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Neha Gill
Neha Gill marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Romantic Deception: The Six Signs He's Lying Statistics Plain and Simple Regression Unplugged Regression Unplugged Romantic Deception: The Six Signs He's Lying