Start by marking “Blood Justice” as Want to Read:
Blood Justice

Blood Justice

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  16 reviews
In 1991, flight attendant Nancy Ludwig checked in to an airport hotel near Detroit. The next morning she was found gagged, raped, and tortured-her throat slit with such rage that she was nearly decapitated. Her husband Arthur never gave up hope that the future would bring enough evidence to close the case. But it was the past that held the clue.

In 1985, fifty-five-year old
Published September 13th 2004 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Blood Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Justice

Stephanie
In general, books written about true crime in the US are not as well written as those written in the UK. One of the reasons I feel this way - aside from the skill level of the writing, is that the ones written in the US tend to devolve to the level of a "police procedural".

As interesting as forensics -can- be, not every case has something new to add to the area of forensics for someone who reads such cases regularly. Since DNA testing has become so advanced; and such a strong deciding factor, t
D'Anne
May 01, 2008 D'Anne rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to D'Anne by: Mike Witkowski
Blood Justice, Tom Henderson's second book, is better than his first. Still, Henderson is no Ann Rule (keeping in mind that Rule is no great writer herself). But this book was interesting to me since it deals with murders in the late 80's, early 90's in Flint and Romulus (at the old airport Hilton, which is now The Metropolitan Hotel. Maybe don't stay there, is all I'm saying, and if you do, maybe avoid room 354). DNA and updated fingerprint analysis was a big factor in breaking this case, so fo ...more
Jayme
On Feb. 17th, Nancy Ludwig, a Northwest Airlines flight attendant, checked into room 354 at the Airport Hilton, in Romulus, MI. and was brutally raped and murdered. On Feb. 18th, I checked into the same hotel, as I was also a Northwest flight attendant at that time, and was greeted by Northwest Airlines management who ushered us into a conference room to tell us the horrible news before we would hear it on TV. The book talked about how Nancy was on an "Add" pattern, where she travels by herself, ...more
Jana Kaiser-johnson
very graphic reading about murder (nonfiction). It's about someone related to my family who was murdered in Wisconsin and how the culprit was caught ten years later.
Jane
This is an excellent book! It will capture and keep you from start until finish. Make sure you lock all your doors before starting this one. A true thriller.
Suzie Flohr
This book was awesome. I loved it. Great writing .
J.D. Holman
I saw the cases on Forensic Files and, since the book was available in my library, I decided to read it. It does leave one wondering a bit - how did a dim panty-thief escalate to horrible acts of murder twice, and was it only twice?
Dawn
Happened upon this book while working. True story of two murders in Michigan. I remember these murders; one in 1986 at UM-Flint of a music professor, another in 1991 of a flight attendant at an airport hotel. I was a student at UM-Flint in 1986,so it stuck in my mind. Reading the details now that were never in the paper was interesting, sad, and the two women have been on my mind since I finished the book.
Jeannie
I don't know what it was about this book but I had an awful time reading it and keeping up with everyone the author mentioned. To me it was just a mixed up mess of a book and unlike most TCs I read I just couldn't stay interested in it at all. Just an ok read for me.
Trisha
Same old, same old is you're talking about true crime. Too much blah blah blah and it's repeated over and over through out the book. Overall it's a decent read but maybe it's because it occurs in MI and I'm from there and familiar with the areas discussed.
Emily Sinak
This book kept me interested the entire time I read it. I was on the edge if my seat. With the real life murders and suspects in my area makess a little suspicious but it's still a great book I would recommend to many people.
Gayle
This was an interesting case. It's amazing how long it took to pin down the killer. The DNA evidence was fascinating. Ever since I read The Blooding I've been interested in the history of the use of DNA in criminal cases.
Tracy
Tom Henderson is quickly becoming my favorite true crime writer.
Amy
This book is a true story and will make you lock your doors at night
John
Fascinating true story of a Clio serial killer.
Rodrigo
Rodrigo marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Dawn Huffines medley
Dawn Huffines medley is currently reading it
Nov 29, 2014
Laurin
Laurin marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Annamarie
Annamarie marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Peggy Van wunnik
Peggy Van wunnik marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Abir
Abir added it
Sep 09, 2014
Robert Mosher
Robert Mosher marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Darker than Night: The True Story of a Brutal Double Homicide and an 18-Year-Long Quest for Justice Blood in the Snow: The True Story of a Stay-at-Home Dad, his High-Powered Wife, and the Jealousy that Drove him to Murder A Deadly Affair Afraid of the Dark: The True Story of a Reckless Husband, his Stunning Wife, and the Murder that Shattered a Family Darker than Night: The True Story of a Brutal Double Homicide and an 18-Year Long Quest for Justice (St. Martin's True Crime Library)