Start by marking “How to Plant a Tree: A Simple Celebration of Trees and Tree-Planting Ceremonies” as Want to Read:
How to Plant a Tree: A Simple Celebration of Trees and Tree-Planting Ceremonies

How to Plant a Tree: A Simple Celebration of Trees and Tree-Planting Ceremonies

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews

This gorgeously packaged little book celebrates trees and their life-affirming presence in our lives.

The earth's longest living organisms, trees exemplify nature's great strength as well as its majestic beauty. Serving as virtual lungs for our planet, trees provide us with food, medicine, and our most versatile building material. To plant a tree is to plant hope, and as

nookbook (ebook), 128 pages
Published April 15th 2010 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published March 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about How to Plant a Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Plant a Tree

Adam
Beautiful engraved illustrations, clear language, step-by-step instructions for hedge-laying, and above all, passionate (at least by English standards) content, carefully curated in a pocket-sized book. My only complaint lies in the species of trees covered, which is by no means exhaustive nor specific to the Pacific Northwest. But what can you expect from a book written by a man who “planted a wood” (i.e. is from the British Isles) and is distributed globally.
J
Thought this would be a quick read for me. Just couldn't labor through it. Not sure if it was the writing. Not sure if it was the topic. Just wasn't sure if it was my motivation to read this waned. Just lost interest mid-read. Tried a few times, but ran out of gas. Stories were interesting. . .in pieces.However, it wasn't a page turner for me.
Gabriella
The cover, pages, pictures, and subject make you fall in love with the book even while just flipping through it. Needs to edit out a bit more of the pretentious parts though.
Dave
Dave added it
Jan 02, 2015
Sitisalmah
Sitisalmah is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Rudolph Maceyko
Rudolph Maceyko marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Gretchen Em
Gretchen Em marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Brian
Brian added it
Feb 05, 2014
Roos
Roos added it
Sep 14, 2014
Carolin
Carolin marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Henry
Henry added it
Jun 21, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Anita Dalton
Anita Dalton marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
Svetoslav Atanasov
Svetoslav Atanasov marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Ashley Guertin
Ashley Guertin marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Rosemarie
Rosemarie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2012
Jerry Halberstadt
Jerry Halberstadt marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
America's Dumbest Criminals: Wild and Weird Stories of Fumbling Felons, Clumsy Crooks, and Ridiculous Robbers The World's Dumbest Criminals Urban Dreams, Rural Realities Wanted! Dumb or Alive Unsinkable