Start by marking “Natural Highs: Supplements, Nutrition, and Mind Body Techniques to Help You Feel Good All the Time” as Want to Read:

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  5 reviews
What does it take to make you feel "high"? Do you routinely reach for caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, or sugary snacks to get you through the day? Unfortunately, the quick fixes we have become accustomed to don't work long-term, and often contribute further to the underlying problems of fatigue, depression, brain fog, and anxiety.

In Natural Highs, two leading authorities i
Published June 2nd 2003 by Penguin Group US (first published September 27th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Highs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Highs

Petra
Excellent book!
It shows that there are non-addictive ways to get an energy boost without resorting to caffeine or nicotine. If you want to stay healthy and are looking for natural ways of 'staying high', this book is for you.
Are you a stimulant addict? This book will help you change your habits.
Gloria Reiser
Sep 19, 2008 Gloria Reiser rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gloria by: Personal Research
Currently, I've just begun reading this book. Why? Because nearly everyone I know or encounter seems to be dealing with stress, anxiety, depression or some "mood" issue. I've noted all to well and often the many negative consequences associated with SSRIs and other psycho-active drugs - the legal ones pushed by the pharmaceutical industry - and the illegal ones. I will report more once I've gotten farther into the book.... it begins with a personal assessment of stress levels, energy levels, moo ...more
Denise Messenger
If you are interested in boosting your brain function, feeling better and suffer from fatigue, depression, anxiety, etc. this book takes you through the steps of mind-body therapies that will help. The author uses strategies such as supplements for mood enhancers, improving nutrition, meditation, tips for overcoming cravings for sugar, alcohol, chocolate, caffeine, and tea. The author gives a good argument for getting people off of stimulants.
Phineas
Good review of healthy living and supplements. The little bit I do know, lets me know that some of the info. is misleading. In other words, it is an excellent outline on thriving naturally - as long as it is remembered that its not the gospel.
Sharon Dreyer
Oct 24, 2008 Sharon Dreyer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Sharon by: Jeanine Roussouw
This book made me a fan of Patrick Holford and what a true genius he is! Extremely informative- even for my father who has Parkinson's disease!
Isabelle
Isabelle marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Kalynda
Kalynda marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Anna Marie
Anna Marie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Mark Larson
Mark Larson marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
gardenistic
gardenistic marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Jordan Fallis
Jordan Fallis marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Hamed Aghili
Hamed Aghili marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Alyn Norris
Alyn Norris marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Chel
Chel marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Supplement Your Prescription: What Your Doctor Doesn't Know About Nutrition 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health FAQs All about St. John's Wort Kava: Nature's Answer to Stress, Anxiety, and Insomnia The Addicted Brain: How to Break Free