Start by marking “Natural Highs: Supplements, Nutrition, and Mind Body Techniques to Help You Feel Good All the Time” as Want to Read:

What does it take to make you feel "high"? Do you routinely reach for caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, or sugary snacks to get you through the day? Unfortunately, the quick fixes we have become accustomed to don't work long-term, and often contribute further to the underlying problems of fatigue, depression, brain fog, and anxiety.

In Natural Highs, two leading authorities i
Published June 2nd 2003 by Penguin Group US (first published September 27th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Highs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Highs

Petra
Mar 23, 2012 Petra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book!
It shows that there are non-addictive ways to get an energy boost without resorting to caffeine or nicotine. If you want to stay healthy and are looking for natural ways of 'staying high', this book is for you.
Are you a stimulant addict? This book will help you change your habits.
Gloria Reiser
Sep 19, 2008 Gloria Reiser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gloria by: Personal Research
Currently, I've just begun reading this book. Why? Because nearly everyone I know or encounter seems to be dealing with stress, anxiety, depression or some "mood" issue. I've noted all to well and often the many negative consequences associated with SSRIs and other psycho-active drugs - the legal ones pushed by the pharmaceutical industry - and the illegal ones. I will report more once I've gotten farther into the book.... it begins with a personal assessment of stress levels, energy levels, moo ...more
Janet
Jan 14, 2016 Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have already purchase my own copy of this book AND already have given it away to my daughter because it is such a great reference book for anyone wanting to supplement instead of medicate. The information for supplementation for all kinds of issues, like anxiety, depression, ADD, ADHD, etc. is so valuable. The research is comprehensive and I learned a toN from reading this book. I should also say that when I find a great reference book I always order a hard copy (lasts longer) and I will be or ...more
Denise Messenger
Jul 04, 2012 Denise Messenger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are interested in boosting your brain function, feeling better and suffer from fatigue, depression, anxiety, etc. this book takes you through the steps of mind-body therapies that will help. The author uses strategies such as supplements for mood enhancers, improving nutrition, meditation, tips for overcoming cravings for sugar, alcohol, chocolate, caffeine, and tea. The author gives a good argument for getting people off of stimulants.
Phineas
Good review of healthy living and supplements. The little bit I do know, lets me know that some of the info. is misleading. In other words, it is an excellent outline on thriving naturally - as long as it is remembered that its not the gospel.
Sharon Dreyer
Oct 24, 2008 Sharon Dreyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Sharon by: Jeanine Roussouw
This book made me a fan of Patrick Holford and what a true genius he is! Extremely informative- even for my father who has Parkinson's disease!
Suzana Martins Smith
Suzana Martins Smith rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Nissa
Nissa rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2014
Clare
Clare rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2010
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2009
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2011
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2008
Chris Simmons
Chris Simmons rated it it was ok
Nov 17, 2010
Shaun Garnett
Shaun Garnett rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2013
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Olivette L'amour
Olivette L'amour rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2009
Christina Stokes
Christina Stokes rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Noah Lakew
Noah Lakew rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Etienne
Etienne rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Tommy
Tommy rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2010
Dylan Rodgers
Dylan Rodgers rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2008
Todd Strohmeyer
Todd Strohmeyer rated it did not like it
Jul 02, 2014
Jarrett
Jarrett rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Chase Mackey
Chase Mackey rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Nicolai
Nicolai rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Maxime Ferland
Maxime Ferland rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2017
Bryce Haymond
Bryce Haymond rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016