Start by marking “Lisa 33” as Want to Read:
Lisa 33

Dan Allan

Lisa 33

2.74 of 5 stars 2.74  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  15 reviews
It's circa 1999 and the first sex chat rooms are in full swing. Late at night as his family sleeps, “Tag,” a lawyer trapped in the golden handcuffs of a loveless marriage, makes his inaugural visit to the newly launched Literoticus.com. He can't believe what he's stumbled into. This freewheeling world of lonely misfits engaged in unbridled sexual activity is both shocking ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Lisa 33, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lisa 33

Heather Johnson (The Lemon Librarian)
This one had me rolling! This book is written in a exchange of chatroom messages, private messages, and emails. The only insight given about the characters are through these internet exchanges. That is all the audience receives, that's the only way we get to know the characters. I like this perspective because it's how the other characters in story receive their information, or how anyone on the internet learns about someone - through text. We had the same experience as the characters in the sto ...more
Sophie
Teycordero
My boyfriend gave me this book as a gift. The story is very narrow and the characters are not enticing to imagine especially lisa. But I felt sorry for her life is so doomed caused by wrong decisions, more over when she decides to give up her life to pursue the guy she met online. But it just don't happen in the real world that the guy who has a decent job, wife and children would give up everything for a girl like lisa who also has a child not to mention the abusive ex husband. I will not forge ...more
Randi Rezendes
I picked this up because I am interested in books that tell stories in a non-traditional form. The chat and e-mail form was interesting, but the story itself wasn't anything special - basically just a look at sex and relationships in the internet age.
Yuko Sugamura
Quite racy, but ultimately pretty dated tale of chat room antics in 1999. The theme of changing one's identity to be whoever you want to be online felt slightly tired, but there were still a couple of good surprises and it was a fun, quick read.
Pariah Kropodra
Jun 16, 2008 Pariah Kropodra rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who dates online
what i learned from this book?
I learned that if you dont take that chance then you wont meet that nice guy who cleans your house cooks dinner for you and basically loves you unconditionally...

too bad stupid Lisa33 didnt learn that..
Reez
A bit on the racy side, it borders on the length that people take just to escape their own reality. Lisa33 is an escape, but how long could it be used as that? Dan Allan just managed to answer that query.
Deanna
Anyone who has ever done any online chatting would enjoy this book, I think. The first page had me laughing out loud. Literally! I almost want to read it again. Almost. Maybe one day...
Cindy
mildly entertaining as it reminds me of those old days back on IRC in #smashingpumpkins ... but ultimately the story is as pointless as the faux relationships we all had.
Kristy Keys
I thought this book was better than most of the other reviews claimed. It was actually funny from the first page forward. I'd even consider reading it again.
The Dame Can Read
Nov 20, 2014 The Dame Can Read marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chat addicts
I bought this book because it's one of a kind. Not much paragraphs, only chats, email threads and cyber s. Haven't finished it yet.
Michelle
Very quick reading, and a little more explicit than I was expecting. Interesting. The outcome seemed about right to me.
Carolyn
May 18, 2007 Carolyn rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Two people meet in an online chat room and start having an online affair.
Emily
The depictions of women in this book offended me.
Eli
Lisa 33 by Dan Allen
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Ansate
Ansate added it
Jul 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Smoking Gun: A Modern Inline Muzzleloader Guide to Loading, Shooting & Cleaning for Accuracy DIY Elk Hunting Guide: Planning a Hunt, State Selection, Hunting Strategies, Training, Logistics, Budget, Backcountry Safety & More