Start by marking “The Fortune Tellers: Inside Wall Street's Game of Money, Media, and Manipulation” as Want to Read:

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Just as "spin" has taken over politics in America, so too has it come to define the long bull market on Wall Street. The booming trade in stocks has produced an insatiable demand for financial intelligence. On television and the Internet, commentators and analysts are not merely reporting the news, they are making news in ways that provide huge windfalls for some investors ...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published September 1st 2000 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Fortune Tellers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fortune Tellers

Lisa
I think the author did a fine job. Personally, I just am not excited enough about Wall Street to read this many pages about it and stay excited.

When I worked for a mutual fund company, I may have given this five stars because I liked to learn about the personalities I watched on TV. Yet today, I'm into other investment vehicles, so I grew tired of the stories since I'm not into the topic area.

If you're glued to CNN or CNBC, you'll probably love it.
Margot
Nov 09, 2007 Margot rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This was a terrific read for someone who doesn't know about the stock market. Lots of inside scoop about TV financial personalities and a sense of the enormous risks and roller coaster of the stock market "experts"
Frederick Bingham
The story of media covering the financial industry. It tells all about rich and egotistical people. It's all corrupt and inbred. So what else is new? Yawn.
Alissa Wilkinson
Illuminating narrative about the birth of financial journalism on the web and on TV networks such as CNBC. Dragged a bit in the middle, but very informative.
Dave
The book to read on how the subject. The title sums it all up.

"The Fortune Tellers: Inside Wall Street's Game of Money, Media and Manipulation"
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Sanjay
Sanjay marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
SA
SA marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Carl-johan Enström
Carl-johan Enström marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Megan Chang
Megan Chang marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Aj
Aj marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Jenny
Jenny is currently reading it
Nov 09, 2013
Joseph
Joseph added it
Sep 24, 2013
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Tauras Dambrauskas
Tauras Dambrauskas marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Spin Cycle: How the White House and the Media Manipulate the News Reality Show: Inside the Last Great Television News War Media Circus: The Trouble with America's Newspapers Hot Air: All Talk, All The Time The Fortune Tellers: Inside Wall Street's Game of Money, Media, and Manipulation