Start by marking “Bummer Summer” as Want to Read:
Bummer Summer

Bummer Summer

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  8 reviews
When twelve-year-old Kammy has difficulty accepting her new family after her father's remarriage, a summer at Camp Arrowhead helps her to put her home life in perspective.
Paperback
Published by Scholastic (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Bummer Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bummer Summer

Cas H.
Ann M. Martin is best know for her Babysitter's club books. She has written many, many novels for young teens, which I have loved throughout the years.
Ann originally wrote Bummer Summer in 1983 and in 2014 she has republished it under the same title. This was her first book ever written and I am proud to say that I read it in the 80's and again in 2014.

Bummer Summer is about a twelve year old girl, Kammy, whose life is changing at a rapid pace.
Kammy lives with her father, and she loves her li
Michelle Kidwell
Bummer Summer Ann M Martin April.2014 Kindle Edition

This is a great book for eight to twelve year olds or those who are simply young at heart.

Kamillia is facing a lot of changes a new Mother a little sister and a baby brother when her father remmarries she is not ready to face any of this including the camp she really does not want to go to. By the time her two week trial period is over and her parents come for visiting day she decides to stay.

I give this book five stars and though it is a rerel
The Styling Librarian
Bummer Summer by Ann M. Martin – I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Really lovely angst from a girl dealing with her father finding a new love and her getting a stepmother and two step-siblings. Appreciate the camp interactions and activities that she dealt with as well. I had no idea that this actually was Ann’s first book written, before the Babysitters Club series. Loved the personal history that was shared at the end of the book about the author. Appreciate that it is getting republished.
Beth
ARC supplied by publisher via NetGalley
Erin
Ann M. Martin's first book...loved this as a kid and enjoyed it equally as a re-read. As a kid, I loved books set in summer camps because I really wanted to go to one, but my mother totally vetoed that idea. Great 80's classic.
cubbie
lots of fun. it's a great mix of spot-on preteen angst and fun plot. not quite as sugary as some of the baby-sitters club novels, but still nice and cozy.
Heather
From "Books I have read this summer" list that I found at home in NJ.
Dianna
A good read for the pre-teen girls.
Aurora
Aurora added it
Aug 04, 2015
meowmers89
meowmers89 marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Ten Ways To Make My Sister Disappear
  • Patti's Luck (Sleepover Friends, #1)
  • Stretching the Truth (Sweet Valley Twins, #13)
  • Laura's Luck
  • A Wish for Wings That Work: An Opus Christmas Story
  • Otis Spofford (Ellen & Otis, #2)
  • Dream: A Tale of Wonder, Wisdom & Wishes
  • When the Dolls Woke
  • Iggie's House
  • Hero Dad
  • The Book of Dragons
  • A Friendship For Today
  • Baby Dear (Little Golden Book)
  • Little Miss Giggles
  • Good-Bye Pink Pig
  • The Snow Princess
  • Felicity Learns a Lesson: A School Story (American Girls: Felicity, #2)
  • The Veil of Snows

More about Ann M. Martin...
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) Rain Reign