Start by marking “The Case for Christ, Youth Edition: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence of Jesus” as Want to Read:

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  328 ratings  ·  35 reviews
FOR DISTRIBUTION OUTSIDE THE USA. A new presentation of the material in Lee Strobel's best-selling The Case for Christ, specifically for teens.
Published April 10th 2001 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Case for Christ, Youth Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case for Christ, Youth Edition

Lee
I was afraid this book would be too basic/elementary for me (it's written to students, and I am 26) or (I am already a believer...) I figured it would be a quick read, to let me know if I should read the full 300 page version.

This book was surprisingly good. It is basic, but I did learn a few things. He gave me new ways to explain a few things to others in my life. It is elementary, but I love the examples, and his process. It's a good quick read, obviously over simplified the process for the s
Cristy
THE CASE FOR CHRIST STUDENT EDITION is an excellent Christian witness and reference resource. Having also read the original complete edition, THE CHASE FOR CHRIST (367 pgs), I found that Strobel’s easy read student edition (115 pgs) to be very accessible for friends that are not only reluctant but are also self proclaimed “non-readers”.
Heather
Lee Strobel left the faith during his teen years. Between his boredom at church and his newly found belief in evolution thanks to his school teacher, he didn’t really see a need for God. Later in life, a challenge from a friend started his search for evidence for Jesus. He decided to keep an open mind as he looked at the evidence and then make up his mind. This book follows him along on his journey. While his journey wasn’t as need and orderly as this book, it does give a glimpse into his though ...more
Kris
I borrowed a copy of this book from the library, originally. Now I have received a copy of The Case for Christ, Student Edition, from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Since these are ultimately, the same book, I will give the same review.
I remember originally reading this book and really being amazed at the level of answers that were in this book. I'm sure its nothing more than any good journalist would put together if they were doing thorough research.
I appreciate the fact that
Jeffrey
I had read parts of Lee Strobel's The Case for Christ before, but I had not finished it. However, I have asked my twelve year-old daughter to read it this summer, so I thought, "Maybe I should finish it, too." I read it in just a few hours, I find it to be highly compelling. It lays out the logical reasons why a belief in the biblical story of Jesus Nazareth makes absolute sense. This is a wonderful apology (i.e. a logical defense)for the central story of the Bible. Having finished the book, I a ...more
Denise
I'm reading this with my HS small group and have been very impressed. Growing up in Bible classes and Sunday school, I had no idea how much I still had to learn about the evidence for Christ that extends beyond the Word. Now I'd really like to read the full version as well someday.
Dakota
May 31, 2012 Dakota rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians looking to reaffirm their faith by reading a book that is written only for that audience
Recommended to Dakota by: A man from a mega church in SoCal
Shelves: disliked
Remember back in Sunday School when we learned all those great songs about Christianity? Remember the lyrics, "Jesus loves me, this I know. For the Bible tells me so!" Thirteen years later I now know the song actually reads, "Jesus loves me, this I know. For my parents told me so!"

This pamphlet, because at only 115 pages of content I refuse to call it a book, is an absolutely terrible account of a self-possessed journalist looking to make some money off of the tuned in audience of over 5 million
Timothy
Dec 31, 2012 Timothy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any non-believer or believer
It was a good book with legitimate points but I feel like some of the arguments were a little circular. I think the book could've been condensed as most of the justifications were somewhat repetitive. At times the experts would seem to lean on their own personal faith rather than taking an unbiased or "just-the-facts" approach, but I can honestly think of a handful of instances where this was the case. I do wonder - are all the experts believers because their knowledge led them there or were the ...more
Pamela
I love any book someone writes who may be a skeptic and then converted to Christianity. I always admired Lee Strobel, a very intelligent man and now a teaching Pastor in CA,and knew of his award-winning journalism at the Chicago Tribune. I had a friend a long time ago whose sister worked there, very windy downtown, and we ventured there for a visit. It was a great time, but this was back in the late 60's. I had already been searching for who I was, and just lost someone I loved very much. This a ...more
Ronin Ronin
A fast read, the students edition hooked me but my one qualm about it is a lack of footnotes for the 'Outside the Bible' chapter so I can follow up.
Dorothy
It is reasonable to believe that Jesus is who he said he is, based on fulfillment of numerous prophecies, other historical evidence, and his rational, reasonable behavior. He could not have been just a good man, as he would then have been a liar. He was either God or a lunatic, and he did not behave like a lunatic. I highly recommend this book. It also comes in video.
Ashley
This was amazing. I really enjoyed this short book and learned so much that I didn't know. I loved how Strobel takes a theory about God not existing and then completely proves it false without citing the bible. He uses psychology, sociology, and medical information. I loved the logic. This is a great book anyone who is a logical-nuts and bolts type of person!
Hayley
Granted, the library only had this version (for young adults) so it was very simplistic. It was interesting, but not very convincing. There was a lot of circular reasoning and an assumption that the events in the bible actually happened. It probably won't sway any true skeptics.
Sky Destrian
Aug 26, 2009 Sky Destrian rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any Christians
This book was really amazing. While I am a Christian and believe that Jesus is the Christ, this only helped me to see the evidence and solidify my existing beliefs. In my opinion, it's a must read for anyone looking to understand more about why we believe what we do.
Tylor Lovins
Terrible book. I don't know what questions he thinks he is answering, but it seems like Strobel hasn't read much of the literature on the problem of the historical Jesus--nor does he seem to be aware of any method of biblical interpretation. Don't recommend.
Melissa
I don't know how we happen to have this book in our home, but I finally decided to read it. I liked this "youth version" so much, that I'm considering reading the full-length version as well. A great read for Christians and non-Christians alike.
Nicki
this book is so great! i won it from tim kuhl in a jr.high game never expecting it to be so awesome. it clears any doubts you may have and prepares you to defend Christ. I also know non-christian friends who wanted to read it!
Karla
Feb 02, 2008 Karla added it
Bought this book for my 17 year old nephew who is struggling with his belief in God. I hope he reads it and thinks at least a little about what it says. I would be interested in reading the full versions of all of these books.
The Scribbler
This book was absolutely amazing. Before I read it, I had never realized that there's so much actual SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE for who Jesus Christ said he was. It strengthened my belief in God and really opened my eyes.
Emily
This was a fairly good book. I didn't like how some times it made you question your faith but it was nice to read about another person's faith. I wouldv'e liked more of a story to it though. :)
Amanda
Feb 22, 2010 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people struggling with belief in Jesus
Shelves: non-fiction
Great book that looks at Christ from a scientific and logical point of view, but also lets people know that just knowing the facts isn't enough, you have to put your faith in Jesus too. :)
Marie
A fast read by Lee, an impeccable journalist who covers evidence for Jesus like no one else,a no nonsense writer, genuine at his explanations backed up by The Bible, excellent!!
Teresa
Just practical information for the skeptic. For believers, it strengthens your faith. Lee Strobel did a great job creating a case for Christ!
Joe1207
Thought-provoking. Still raises questions due to the roughly-covered topics from the youth edition of the book. Next stop: The Bible.
Jenna
The author's "evidence" and logic seemed circular and subjective to me. It didn't give me reason to believe that Jesus was more than a man.
Amanda
I'll be lucky if one of my students finishes this book. I have no idea what my department was thinking.
Anna
If a book ever did help me believe in the strength and truth of Christ, it was definitely this one.
Victoria
very good evidence for Christ- would be good for a skeptical person to look into
Crystal Holic
Great way to understand Christ from a very thoughtful and intellectual perspective.
Bryan Neuschwander
It's pretty good. Seems accessible and engaging for high school students.
  • A Call to Die: A 40 Day Journey of Fasting from the World & Feasting on God
  • Already Gone
  • Repenting of Religion: Turning from Judgment to the Love of God
  • How to Stay Christian in College
  • When God Goes to Starbucks: A Guide to Everyday Apologetics
  • A Glimpse of Jesus: The Stranger to Self-Hatred
  • Answers to Tough Questions Skeptics Ask About the Christian Faith
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World: Fearing God, Not Man
  • A Better Way to Pray
  • Soul Revolution: How Imperfect People Become All God Intended
  • God's Not Dead: Evidence for God in an Age of Uncertainty
  • The Radical Reformission: Reaching Out Without Selling Out
  • Sticky Church
  • Organizing from the Inside Out for Teens: The Foolproof System for Organizing Your Room, Your Time, and Your Life
  • So What's the Difference?: A Look at 20 Worldviews, Faiths and Religions and How They Compare to Christianity
  • The Jesus I Never Knew Participant's Guide
  • Dateable: Are You? Are They?
  • When Christ Comes
The Case for Christ The Case for Faith: A Journalist Investigates the Toughest Objections to Christianity The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God The Case for the Real Jesus: A Journalist Investigates Current Attacks on the Identity of Christ The Case for Easter: A Journalist Investigates the Evidence for the Resurrection