Start by marking “The Rogue Knight” as Want to Read:
The Rogue Knight

The Rogue Knight

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  939 ratings  ·  88 reviews
An aristocratic birthright and the luxurious comforts of profound wealth did nothing to comfort Fontaine Pratina following the death of her beloved parents. After two years in the guardianship of her mother's arrogant and selfish sister, Carileena Wetherton, Fontaine's only moments of joy and peace were found in the company of the loyal servants of Pratina Manor. Only in t ...more
Published November 23rd 2010 by Distractions Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Rogue Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rogue Knight

TJ
I figured out what my problem is concerning Marcia McClure. I made the mistake of reading her book, "A Crimson Frost" first. It will forever be the perfect fairy-tale romance for me and how does one compare perfection? Nothing since has quite matched it so... Well, the buck stops here.

She writes fairy-tales, plain and simple, wonderful, fantasy, fairy tales where the hero is near perfect and the heroine is to. Her stories revolve around circumstances they must rise above together. If that is wh
Inspired Kathy
This book can be downloaded for free from Marcia's website. It's just 90 pages and easily read in one sitting. Another fabulous clean romantic read. http://distractionsink.com/join-maili...
Kathy Jo
This review is going to be different than the other ones I have done because the synopsis pretty much sums everything up. Instead I'll just give my own thoughts of the book. :)

The Rogue Knight was definitely harder for me to get through this time around. While I still liked it, I didn't love it like the first time I read it.

Fontaine and Knight were just absolutely amazing! I really did love them. Both of them were selfless and only wanted to do what was best for others around them. They were f
Annalisa
I am enthralled with this author right now - especially her works in any time period involving Lords/Ladies, Knights, Royalty which this falls into a category of. Young Fontaine and Knight are both characters that I empathized with and was hoping for. I particularly enjoyed the softer side of Knight that shone through in the tears he shed for his love. A great short story!

Amazon Product Description:
Kathy
This is a fun little novella. Not sure when exactly it is supposed to take place, I picture a regency setting. It may be on the shorter side, but has a fun story, lovely lead characters and a sweet romance.

I liked Fontaine’s, she puts herself at risk to help a total stranger (okay, so he’s a hottie, but I think she would have helped him even if he wasn’t cute), she cares deeply for her friends and does what she can to protect them from her evil aunt. I also liked Knight; he kind of made it seem
Shwride
Wow, it's hard to describe how insipid this book is, and how embarrassing that I read the whole thing. I wish I hadn't wasted my time. It's a cliche, predictable bodice ripper without the bodice ripping. The two main characters are absolutely perfect, so much so that I wanted to vomit. Complete stock character drivel. Don't bother.
Babs
Dec 29, 2010 Babs rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Romance, Suspense
I just happened to come across a blog a few weeks back to get a free copy of this book. I am glad I decided to take the offer. This is the first book I have ever read by Marcia L McClure. I am now a huge fan. I feel in love with this book a wonderful romantic tale. Fontaine draws you into her poor situation. Knight is mugged and beaten, he drags himself to the home of Fontaine and her aunt. She takes care of him with the help of the servants. Fontaine is always hanging out with them in the kitch ...more
Tara
Simple, sweet love story. I think I would have liked this one more if it wasn't insta-love and had more tension. And didn't love how he called her Peach. Kinda cheesy. But the greenhouse scene made up for it. :) All in all, an enjoyable read.
Tadiana
This is a 1920's melodrama. With stock characters: "wicked stepmother aunt", perfect and beautiful heroine, perfect and impossibly handsome hero (with EMERALD eyes!). Also misspellings. And really gushy writing. If you don't care about all that and just want to read a sweet romance where your brain cells don't need to be exercised (in fact, I'd strongly advise your brain cells to have a nice nap for a couple of hours), have at it. This is just a reminder to myself to never get sucked into readin ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
When I began this book, I was struggling to justify a three rating. The more I read, the more I liked it! I always struggle with Novella's. I prefer a book where there is time for character and plot development.

I downloaded this book because many of my friends have become Marcia McClure fans, and I wanted to give her writing a try.

I will definitely be reading more of her novels. In fact, I have purchased a few, before I read this.
M.
Natalie
I need to thank my friend Deb for introducing this book to me. Rogue Knight was a short sweet read. I like how the romance got "intense" or as Deb said a bit "steamy" while still falling under my definition of clean. This was a sweet fast read, and worth a read. I'm looking forward to trying more of Marcia Lynn McClure's books.
Angie Cornelison
A handsome stranger at the door. Beaten, bloody, and begging to come in. What would you do? Once again Maricia has woven a beautiful tale of love and romance. This is a delightful quick fluffy read.
Stacey Hall
And what a rogue Knight was!! He was such a hero, as was Fontaine! I loved this romance, and all the great kissing you can depend on in Marcia's books!!
Melody
Read my new e-book of this one today, and like all other Marcia McClure books, I read it with a smile, and finished with a sigh. :)
Chelsea Raadgep
The Rogue Knight indeed. His name was Knight, and he was definately a rogue. Oh, how I love rogues!! ;)
Chesney
Seriously. You can't go wrong reading Marcia's books. This has adventure, romance, and a nasty nasty aunt.
Julie
FABULOUS, clean romantic book! Highly recommend this author!
Debbie
Did this book on CD. Another great romance!
Kathryn
Torri
Not my favorite of Marcia Lynn McClure's books, but good none the less. Cute story, great concept with absolutely no resolution. Like all romance novels they end up together but the "bad guy" never really was bad enough and the stakes weren't high enough. Then all of the sudden its like nothing bad had happened to them and the "bad guy" wasn't even a problem anymore. Sad day. It was a cute read though.
Lori
A nice, clean read. Fontaine Pratina is left in the care of her wicked aunt following the death of her parents. She is practically a prisoner in her own home. Help arrives at the kitchen door when Knight, badly beaten asks for aid. Fontaine nursed him back to health. In return he devises a plan to rescue the fair maiden. A thoroughly enjoyable tale.
Susan
This could've been a great story but it really fell short. The story line wasn't developed enough and we missed out on the details... felt like she just wanted to hurry up and end the book.
Daneesha
I wish this was a fully developed novel instead of a novella. It had more potential. It was sweet and I loved Knight and Fontaine.
Melissa
I have read a handful of her books and this one sits in the middle in my mind. Nothing really great and nothing too silly or unbelievable. The hardest thing writing these kind of romance novels is writing the reason the hero and heroine can't be together and thus the tension is created. Sometimes it works and sometimes it is unbelievable. This fell into the "ok if I try I can believe this, but it's pushing it". But aside from that I love curling up with her books of love, romance, set back in ti ...more
Lola4
I have read four books by Marcia McClure and this was the one that I least enjoyed. Indeed, I did enjoy it, but there was too many things in this story that made no sense to me. Ms. McClure usually writes a more coherent novel and makes a better effort at explaining the character's reactions and behaviors. This one had too much stuff making me scratch my head while muttering "now, why would they..." and I couldn't figure out what was Knight's problem holding back the romance. I think it needs so ...more
Jenmikesmith
Not my favorite but it was a fast read.
Sanna
GREAT "ONE NIGHT" READ! It's actually less than 80 pgs. However, it only gets 3.5 stars because the conflict and factors keeping them apart weren't strong enough or as convincing. Also the terribly "wicked" nature of the heroic character was never quite explained. ?? Oh well! Both characters are exceptionally sweet and physically attractive. Plenty of ehrm.. kissing chemistry but still morally CLEAN. Despite that, I don't think it is absolutely necessary for 16yrs to fantasize about...
Emily
Jan 28, 2014 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Emily by: marcia Lynn McClure
Another great historical romance by McClure!!!
Connie
Loved it! Especially the nursing back to health part Fontaine Pratina administered to Knight in the beginning and how he repaid her for it in the greenhouse. Ha ha ha

They were too kind to Pratina's aunt. Don't ya think? She was an awful person and SOOOOOOO didn't deserve the civilities given her in the end. Though, that is proof as to what a kind hearted girl Fontaine Pratina was. A pure angel.

Perfectly wonderful read for 16 and up.
Clean Romances: Men of consequence disguised as average guys 21 88 Jul 10, 2013 06:08PM
Rich/famous men disguised 1 2 May 20, 2013 08:27PM
  • Towers of Brierley
  • The Legend of Shannonderry
  • The Commander's Desire
  • Makeover (Alpine, #1)
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...
The Highwayman of Tanglewood The Visions of Ransom Lake Dusty Britches Shackles of Honor A Crimson Frost