Start by marking “Friday the Scaredy Cat (Ready-to-Read)” as Want to Read:
Friday the Scaredy Cat (Ready-to-Read)

Friday the Scaredy Cat (Ready-to-Read)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Black cats are supposed to be scary, but no one has told that to this little black cat named Friday. So, instead of being scary, Friday the Scaredy Cat is scared! When the doorbell rings, he jumps, runs, and hides. When a car horn beeps, he jumps, runs, and hides! But when something appears that should make him jump out of his skin, what does Friday do? Find out in this fu ...more
Published June 28th 2011 by Simon Spotlight

To ask other readers questions about Friday the Scaredy Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friday the Scaredy Cat

Joella www.cinjoella.com
It is hard to write an easy reader book that is actually good. I am so glad that there are more and more authors who are able to write something that is not only good at teaching words and helping to learn how to read but have crafted a plot that is actually interesting. This is one of those books.

Friday is a cat who is scared of many things: doorbells, telephones, thunder lightning, chickens riding bicycles. You know, things that cats are usually afraid of. But Friday is not afraid of some thi
Lavinia
I loved it so much. It made me laugh. It was so fun that I am going to write my own stories someday. I already started writing some of my own stories, like Rapunzel and Cinderella. I loved the pages with the ghost. They were so funny, because the ghost was afraid and it hid from the cat. It was so fun it made me laugh.
Meg McGregor
I really wanted to like this book more than I did because Lexi and I just love cats but this was a real let-down.

The only reason I didn't mark it a one star is that I liked the storyline.

But the pictures are strictly amateur hour. It looks like a child drew them and not an illustrator who was paid for her work.
Dolly
Nov 11, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: 2011, childrens, pets
This is a fun book for beginning readers. The narrative is repetitive and simple, so it's helpful for young children to be able to recognize the patterns and build word recognition. And the illustrations are very colorful and humorous, too.
Kelsey Bates
Cute book about a cat named Friday who is scared of many things but not of others. Easy reader. Discusses fears and perceptions.
Angie
The cat! The cat's teeth! So cute!
Beverly
Isabel
Isabel added it
Feb 05, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Sonia
Sonia added it
Nov 25, 2013
Nicole
Nicole added it
Aug 02, 2013
Sydonia Blake
Sydonia Blake marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Dathan
Dathan added it
Mar 10, 2013
Angie Grothem
Angie Grothem marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2012
Love! (Sesame Street: Elmo's World) Animal Alphabet (Sesame Street) Just the Way You Are (Sesame Street) Way to Go, Zoe! (Sesame Street) Opposites! (Sesame Street: Elmo's World)