Night Moves

Night Moves (Bound #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  22 reviews
With her unglamorous job, crappy hours and limited choices, Rafaela finds herself reduced to internet dating. She just wants to meet a man she considers even remotely interesting. Or satisfying.Her latest match-up is tall, dark and handsome Michael. He and his cousin and companion, Nico-gorgeous must be a family trait-are vampires. They're getting tired of constantly hunti...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 118 pages
Published November 2009

Zoe
A nice short, with an interesting storyline and solid characters.The story got a little lost in the erotic bits, which seemed the main focus. It had wonderful potential as a novella of paranormal romance. The plot was very well thought out and nicely paced.
Melinda
Nice read. Jumps right into the sex. Started wondering if there was going to be a story, then suddenly it jumps in with a kidnapping and things start moving. Fun story. :-)
Eva
It doesn't happen often, that I find a book so bad, that I can't even finish it.
Unfortunately, this is one of them

First of, I know eBooks don't go through the same editorial processes as printed books, so I could overlook some minor errors, but here was so much bad grammar, even for me, whose English isn't the best, it was obvious. Quite simple things that every grammar check of the office program would have found

Now to the story. I really didn't expect much, I was just looking for a bit of roma...more
Bennita
Julian and Nico are vampires that are tired of shallow women who only want them for their money and status. They also need someone who is willing to enter a relationship with both of them. They finally come across Rafaela through an on-line dating service.I immediately like Rafaela because she was tough, blunt without being overbearing with just enough sweet to complete her character. Her connection with Julian I felt was believable from the start. Her draw to Nico was a little questionable thou...more
Deborah
Julian is king of the vampires he and his cousin Nico have grown tired of the sycophants who swarm around them, how do they know who wants them for themselves, their money, their power etc. Nico suggests they try online dating which is where they meet Rafaela and then they have sex, sex and more sex and just for good measure a bit more sex, you get the picture now I'm assuming some people must like this but personally I like a bit more of a story if nothing else just to hold the sex together. Th...more
Tanya
Rating 3.5 stars

Heroine Rafaela is a cop, which is a nice change honestly, a good strong heroine. She meets not one but two vampires, cousins, who are looking for a companion to feed from and be with. This book is quite short, but not without some adventure/conflict, and some good secondary characters. In this world, paranormals are out but not completely accepted, and our conflict in this one comes from a radical religious group believing that killing off paranormals will please their god. Rafi...more
MrsSwt
I had put this on my TBR pile, and finally got to it. At first I was kinda confused. Was this gonna be an erotica story or a vampy one? Well, it sure turned out to be an erotic one!! Then the vamps came in. But the erotica part overshadowed the whole story. I do have to say, Ms. Deveraux can write the erotica!! So if you want a good erotic read with little story, this is yours!
Staci AKA Patches
Julian is tired of women only wanting him for his money. He and his cousin Nicholas want a special kind of woman that will accept both of them for who and what they are.
Rafaela's tired of being alone she works too much but with her job she must. She signs up to an online dating service not expecting much.
When she meets Julian the sparks fly. Will she be the woman Julian and his cousin have been looking for. Can she accept them for who and what they are? Can she handle a Triad?

This book had me...more
Wanda Ivette
I finished it May 15 . I loved it , finished it in less than 2 hours which hasn't happened in years . Valerie is one of my very few favorite authors .
Dena
I liked the new age of adding internet dating however it is a little far fetched to have a HEA and moved in by several weeks. I didn't say impossible just a little unbelievable. This read more like a ménage erotica than a story of survival.

Overall I liked the characters. I liked the premise of the story. The sex was the main part I felt which took over the story being is was short.
Sarah Lazowski
I could not put the book down!! V.J. Devereaux knows just how to make you feel like you are in the book, experiencing what her characters are. There were times I could not tell if I really wanted to put the book down and take a cold shower or keep reading and save the shower for after the book. I can not say enough good things about this book. I highly recommend it!!!
Conny
I got this book as a free download and I liked it. It had a good storyline and likable characters and enough steamy scenes to heat a house. So if you are uncomfortable with some sexy menage interactions you better skip this book. Oh and it did have some action as well.
Sheila
Vampires looking for a woman to complete their lives. One who is strong enough to accept them and want them. Good read. Good set-up. Good sex. I thought the ending was rushed.
Maria
Contrary to what some other reviews say I very much liked this story. Sure there are a few grammatical errors but its no biggie. Great story loved the sensuality of the main characters.
Beth
I liked the story, I liked the characters, the beginning and end were very well done. The middle dragged a bit but stick with it, its got a feel good ending.
Geri
Sweet and Spicy! I love vampire stories and this one did not disappoint. There is action and some steamy loven taken place.
Kat
Not my normal read but I Loved it. Loving the paranormal books.
Jeanne
the plot was weak, but who cares... the sex was hot!
Crystal Schroth
Storyline was excellent & loved the menage
Tina
Read in one day could not put it down.
Rochelle
I really enjoyed this story!
Nyaisia Joseph
Nyaisia Joseph marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Vikki
Vikki marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
KH
KH added it
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1)
  • Kiss Across Time (Kiss Across Time #1)
  • The Turning Kiss (Midnight Playground, #3)
  • Shared
  • Half Hearts
  • Blood Rite (Spark of Magic, #2)
  • Wicked Sexy (Wicked^3, #1)
  • Letting Go  (Letting Go, #1)
  • Burned in Shadows (Shadow Unit, #2)
  • Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire, #1)
  • Appassionato (Dream Marked #1)
  • Left Behind
  • Harker's Journey (Dalakis Passion, #1)
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • Scent of a Vampire (The Evolved, #1)
  • The Eyes of Constance (Beasts of Forever, #1)
  • Dark Dates (Cassandra Bick Chronicles, #1)
  • Every Night Forever (Hyena Heat, #1)
Cooking Class Cherry's Jubilee Demon's Kiss Demon's Embrace (Demon Allure, #2) Special Delivery