Start by marking “365 Goddess: A Daily Guide To the Magic and Inspiration of the goddess” as Want to Read:
365 Goddess: A Daily Guide To the Magic and Inspiration of the goddess

365 Goddess: A Daily Guide To the Magic and Inspiration of the goddess

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Goddess wisdom for every day of the year

Bring life-affirming magic and empowerment into every day of your life with this unique and useful guide to the goddess. Through the ages, people have celebrated the role of goddesses in maintaining the fl
Published October 5th 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published November 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about 365 Goddess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 365 Goddess

Allison
Mar 18, 2008 Allison rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: goddess fans, mythology fans, pagans
This is a really handy little book! It is well organized so that you can find info on different goddesses. You can also use it as a sort of divinitory tool, open it to a random page to see which goddess you get or check out your "goddess of the day".
Crystal Vassil
Great for the first year. Learn about a lot of different Goddesses. Some I had never even heard of before.
stella
a little writing for every day... a little esoteric, but fun if you want some divine input on your day.
Tlh
Telesco really messed up in a couple of places in this book, and if she did so here, I hate to imagine where else she messed up. OK first of all - she writes, at the end of July, about a Goddess called "Voluspa." There is no such Goddess. The Voluspa is a poem, not a Goddess. It is found in a book called "The Poetic Edda." It is the first poem in that book. It talks about how Odin sought information from a dead seeress ("volva") about the origins of the Nordic Nine Worlds, about the Ragnarok, et ...more
Jessie
This is not my favorite daybook, even though Patricia Telesco is a favorite pagan author. There are many incorrect dates but through the years, I've made annotations and usually find an appropriate reading for the day. I've used this book annually since about 1999.

12/09/11 page 375 87.0% "Tonatzin (Mexico) Themes: Religious Devotion, Blessing Carry a seed and soil wrapped in green cloth with you today."
10/07/11 page 280 65.0% "Wieben Frauen - Listen closely to the voices of the trees and see if
C.J. Prince
This is an excellent reference book. Did you imagine 365 goddesses? After reading this book, I'm sure there are more. Wonderful to imagine. After all, she got such little press for lo these many years. Now you can read a goddess a day, plan a party on a goddess's day of your choice or just spend an afternoon in front of the fire browsing.

If you honor the divine feminine in any way, you will want this book as a reference. Enjoy!!!
Lisa Mason
Pure delight! Patricia Telesco has researched goddesses from around the world, posting them on the day people celebrate them. A goddess for every day of the year. She provides the name of the festival day, the goddess celebrated, her themes, symbols, and a description of who and what she is. Then Telesco suggests little ceremonies to perform, clothing to wear or food to eat in honor of the goddess. Finally, she suggests an incantation. The day I’m writing this, June 8, is Dragon Boat Festival in ...more
Tabitha Chamberlain
Good day to day meditation/activities for those that want to get into touch with the Goddess aspect.
Bark's Book Nonsense
I haven't picked up this book to reference since May of 2004 probably because it wasn't exactly the book I was looking for when I purchased it. It's a decent book if you want to learn little snippets about the different goddesses worshiped around the world but it's far from comprehensive and doesn't go into nearly as much detail as I was expecting.
Quinn
This is a fascinating book for anyone interested in deities or mythology. It's set up day by day, so any given day you can flip to that date and find out what goddess was historically honored that day. Look up your birthday, your anniversary, and bring a little of that goddess to your special day.
Heather
Nice little snippits about a large variety of goddesses and holidays throughout the world. I was introduced to this book in 2007 and still occasionally pick it up.
Jaina Bee
Another great resource by Telesco. She shows how to bring magick and reverence into everyday life, with playful innovation and by using whatever you have on hand.
Julie
I love this book. I will keep it around for some time as a reference. It is also fun to just open it up and see who you found.
Patti
Another daily meditation book that I love. Each day has a different Goddess and ideas for getting in touch with Her.
Meg
i read this in sooner than a year lol it was so good but still use daily. I recommend for anyone child of the goddess.
Audra (Unabridged Chick)
A lovely small book, a kind of book-of-hours for pagans. Varied goddesses.
Hannah Vaughn
Wonderful book suitable for people wanting to read on various goddesses.
Madge
Really interesting little book. Good "food for thought."
Olga
Doesn't look like a well researched or well written source.
Lynn
Educational and inspirational.
Lenny Dolezal
Lenny Dolezal marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Val
Val marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Aisha Hamilton
Aisha Hamilton marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Bad Information 1 3 Aug 03, 2011 06:14AM
  • Maiden, Mother, Crone: The Myth & Reality of the Triple Goddess
  • Celtic Women's Spirituality: Accessing the Cauldron of Life
  • The Goddess Path: Myths, Invocations, and Rituals
  • The Witches' Goddess
  • The Grandmother of Time: A Woman's Book of Celebrations, Spells, and Sacred Objects for Every Month of th
  • Handfasting and Wedding Rituals: Welcoming Hera's Blessing
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • Ancient Mirrors of Womanhood: A Treasury of Goddess and Heroine Lore from Around the World
  • Advanced Candle Magick: More Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose
  • To Ride a Silver Broomstick: New Generation Witchcraft
  • Book of Shadows
  • Witchcraft Today
  • Witchcraft on a Shoestring: Practicing the Craft Without Breaking Your Budget
  • Beltane: Springtime Rituals, Lore & Celebration
  • The Little Book of Hindu Deities: From the Goddess of Wealth to the Sacred Cow
  • True Magick: A Beginner's Guide
  • The Real Witches' Handbook: A Complete Introduction to the Craft
  • A Druid's Herbal for the Sacred Earth Year
Patricia "Trish" Telesco is a professional author with more than 50 metaphysical titles on the market.

Trish considers herself a kitchen witch whose love of folkore (and a bit of Strega) flavor every spell and ritual. Her strongest beliefs lie in following personal vision, being tolerant of other traditions, making life an act of worship, and being the magic!

Trish travels minimally twice per mont
More about Patricia J. Telesco...
A Kitchen Witch's Cookbook A Victorian Grimoire: Romance - Enchantment - Magic The Urban Pagan: Magical Living in a 9-To-5 World Advanced Wicca: Exploring Deeper Levels of Spiritual Skills and Masterful Magick Your Book Of Shadows: How to Write Your Own Magickal Spells